PDA

View Full Version : ASA location for Y-grip Classic running remote.

SniperSmurf
07-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Hello all! Just wondering if anyone who runs a remote has a particular location preference (backbottle, bottomline, QD directly to valve). My only option as of right now is the backbottle adapter since it's already on the gun, but that seems like it may be awkward with the y-grip and remote. I'd like to be able to run without the remote as well, so connecting straight to the valve would not be my first choice. I've never used a bottomline on a Mag before, but this seems to be the most popular setup. Who makes some good bottomline ASAs for the MAG? I know the Spyder bottomlines won't work because of the bolt pattern (my son has one, and I "borrowed" it to see), but will pretty much any standard ASA fit a Y-grip, or should I stick with the backbottle? I'm pretty new here, but have learned much while lurking, and would appreciate any opinions you all may have on this! I don't want a gas-through grip, and a drop forward would be just plain silly on a y-grip remote in my opinion. Thanks!

craltal
07-12-2004, 10:05 AM
just about everybody makes bottomlines that'll work. what you need to decide is:

do you want an on/off valve as part of the ASA?

Do you want/ need a drop forward for it?

do you use the tank as a stock?

SniperSmurf
07-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Do you think I'd need an on/off valve ASA with a QD remote? Even if I turn it of at the ASA, I'd still have to turn it off at the tank before I removed it.

I neither want nor need a drop forward... especially with a remote line.

I won't be using the tank as a stock since I will be running remote, however when I use my backbottle ASA, I usually just rest the tank on my arm (a little awkward with a Y-grip...).

Has anyone here used the "System X" bottomline ASA? They look pretty cool, and the X on the side would match my valve! ;)

UPDATE: Well, I went ahead and splurged on the "Check It Uni-Mount on/off". It should work well with the Y-grip.