PDA

View Full Version : Pro Connect II

MindJob
07-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I am looking for male halves for the Pro Connect 2. Anyone know where I can get them? Im not sure if these were made by Pro-Team or not, I cant find any info on their website.

SlartyBartFast
07-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Proconnects are made by Staubli. Look them up on the web or find a local supplier.

TheTramp
07-12-2004, 01:37 PM
So their max working pressure is 50 bar. What is that in PSI?

SlartyBartFast
07-12-2004, 01:45 PM
50 bar = 725.2 psi

Gatta love the safe use of high pressure air equipment as practiced in paintball. :eek:

But hell, that's a safer margin than most of the macroline and microline being used. :argh:

MindJob
07-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Happen to know the specific part #? I see similar, but not exact.

PsychoBaller
07-12-2004, 02:24 PM
750 is def not the MAX working pressure of a Proconnect. I have run up to 900psi+ through my Proconnect 3, with no problems.

Granted, if you have a PC 2, then it might be a diff model limiting air to 750psi or lower.

-baller

SlartyBartFast
07-12-2004, 02:55 PM
750 is def not the MAX working pressure of a Proconnect. I have run up to 900psi+ through my Proconnect 3, with no problems.

Granted, if you have a PC 2, then it might be a diff model limiting air to 750psi or lower.

-baller

Max working pressure IS NOT the pressure at which the fitting explodes. :wow:

It's the pressure at which you have sufficient safety margin below design burt pressure. Much like you might hydro tanks at much higher pressures than normal working pressure, but you certainly don't want to fill them to test pressures for normal use. :eek:

The pro-connect is the RBE model.

TheTramp
07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
750 is def not the MAX working pressure of a Proconnect....

Strange that the mgf's site has 50 bar as the max working pressure then... ;)

PsychoBaller
07-12-2004, 03:09 PM
As I said, I have a proconnect 3, which I do believe is a larger diameter version than the 2. So the 2 may just have a smaller diameter. I know a local place by me has either model 2's or 4's i think. Whichever one it is, it definately has a small diameter, and wouldn't run at 750-800 + when i tried it yrs ago on my RT running at 850-900.

My proconnect 3 definately runs at 800psi or over though... be on my SFL currently.

SlartyBartFast
07-12-2004, 03:32 PM
As I said, I have a proconnect 3, which I do believe is a larger diameter version than the 2. So the 2 may just have a smaller diameter. I know a local place by me has either model 2's or 4's i think. Whichever one it is, it definately has a small diameter, and wouldn't run at 750-800 + when i tried it yrs ago on my RT running at 850-900.

My proconnect 3 definately runs at 800psi or over though... be on my SFL currently.

What you are saying makes no sense. The Max working pressure is not the pressure the connector will alow through. It the maximum SAFE pressure you should use it with.

Smaller diameter couplings may cause a restriction at higher rates of flow, but it's doubtful you'd notice a real difference unless you're trying to shoot 25bps+.

If there's a proconnect 3 or 4, either Staubli hasn't updated their site or pro-team has another supplier.

Either way, you're better off going to a welding supply or other shop that deals with pressure fittings. You'll be able to get the sae thing at half the price.

Arawn
07-12-2004, 08:57 PM
http://www.pbn5.com/paintball/paintball.mvc/p=1006985

B.

RRfireblade
07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
What you are saying makes no sense. The Max working pressure is not the pressure the connector will alow through. It the maximum SAFE pressure you should use it with.

If there's a proconnect 3 or 4, either Staubli hasn't updated their site or pro-team has another supplier.

The problem with them,most of them anyway, is that they de-couple on thier own very easily when running up wards of 800psi through them.The function of the RT reg often aggravates that situation even more so.

And....

ProTeam has no connection to Staubli.(no pun intetnded :) )

PsychoBaller
07-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Here is a picture of my Stabuli Proconnect 3... bought it years ago.. probably around the late 1990's. The halves have never de-coupled from each other on accident and I have never had a problem with the fitting.

I did run across the other type of Proconnect in a local store a while back, and it didnt allow my old RT ORiginal to run on 800psi or higher... the gas flow was restricted or somthing.

-baller

SlartyBartFast
07-14-2004, 07:37 AM
ProTeam has no connection to Staubli.(no pun intetnded :) )

Of course they don't. They just order connectors from them and repackage them to sell them at twice the price. :D

RRfireblade
07-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Of course they don't. They just order connectors from them and repackage them to sell them at twice the price. :D

Actually, PTP never really delt in them very much at all. Staubli came to PTP for development of them way back when and when they didn't like what PTP suggested they do for best performance they went on down the road,pretty much.

TheTramp
07-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Actually, PTP never really delt in them very much at all. Staubli came to PTP for development of them way back when and when they didn't like what PTP suggested they do for best performance they went on down the road,pretty much.

So PTP dosen't get their Por-Connects from Staubli? I'm confused but I guess it really doesn't matter because the one I've got on my E-Mag takes any pressure I've put throught it (I accedently put 1100 at one point). I'm not sure about it comming open at HP though because mine is normaly at 850 and it's very difficult to get apart without degassing the gun.

SlartyBartFast
07-15-2004, 10:48 AM
takes any pressure I've put throught it (I accedently put 1100 at one point).

:eek: :wow:

Good GOD! That's exavtly the problem that should scare any sane person when confronted with the average knowledge of and attitude towards safety in paintball. :nono:

So you put 1000+ psi through it. What's it rated for? Sure, it didn't burst. But was it weakened?

Is it still safe? Or, one day will your disconnect suddenly turn into a high velocity projectile an fracture your jaw or skull?

Granted the lines are MUCH bigger, but 150 psi trainlines on a locomotive will kill you if the connector comes loose. I've talked to guys who've had to clean up the mess. :eek:

TheTramp
07-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Well, it does stop the air at the female end so if it did disconect it throreticly wouldn't flop around like a normal quick disconnect.

SlartyBartFast
07-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Well, it does stop the air at the female end so if it did disconect it throreticly wouldn't flop around like a normal quick disconnect.

Until what pressure? My statement stands.

If it blows apart catastrophically, what's to say the female end will close?

The manufacturer designs to a working pressure for exactly that reason. They can only guarentee with certainty that the system is fail safe when operating at that maximum pressure.

Anything higher you're rolling the dice.

TheTramp
07-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Until what pressure? My statement stands.

If it blows apart catastrophically, what's to say the female end will close?

The manufacturer designs to a working pressure for exactly that reason. They can only guarentee with certainty that the system is fail safe when operating at that maximum pressure.

Anything higher you're rolling the dice.

I guess there's no arguing with that.

I'll just keep hoping that my roll doesn't come up snake-eyes.

SlartyBartFast
07-15-2004, 11:33 AM
I'll just keep hoping that my roll doesn't come up snake-eyes.

Best of luck. ;)

But eventually, the house always wins. :(

gc82000
07-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I thought that they sell proconnects at InI sports. could be wrong though, did not realise they were still in use.

RRfireblade
07-15-2004, 12:03 PM
So PTP dosen't get their Por-Connects from Staubli? I'm confused but I guess it really doesn't matter because the one I've got on my E-Mag takes any pressure I've put throught it (I accedently put 1100 at one point). I'm not sure about it comming open at HP though because mine is normaly at 850 and it's very difficult to get apart without degassing the gun.

Agreed. it really doesn't matter,I'm just stating the ProTeam has never had any connection to Staubli and never distributed thier product.You my be confusing "ProLine" with Proteam who did.

Tunaman
07-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Agreed. it really doesn't matter,I'm just stating the ProTeam has never had any connection to Staubli and never distributed thier product.You my be confusing "ProLine" with Proteam who did.Correct. But let me make some differentials between "Proconnects". The ORIGINAL proconnect was about .630" in diameter. It was made for Proline(NPS) by Staubli. There were some internal modifications made to the Staubli product to make it safe for paintball use. The Original proconnects were(are) different from the standard Staubli RBE-03. I have seen Proconnect II's, III's, etc. They are fatter, and dont allow the clearance needed for the mag valve without goffy extra fittings. Get a real one...and dont mess around. Proconnects rock...always did. ;)

SlartyBartFast
07-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Proconnects rock...always did. ;)

Nice to hear that there are actual differences between the Proconnect and the RBE03. But is there any documented proof? The RBE isn't really rated to paintball pressures.

After the other thread on pressure fittings, what I'm looking for now is a good high pressure coupling to go along with the 10,000psi rated compression fittings and hoses from Parker. :D

Tunaman
07-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Its gonna be tough to find 10000 psi fittings in 1/8". Maybe 1/4" if you are lucky. ;)

SlartyBartFast
07-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Its gonna be tough to find 10000 psi fittings in 1/8". Maybe 1/4" if you are lucky. ;)

1/4" on page 17 http://www.parker.com/ICD/CAT/ENGLISH/4234.PDF
Good to 15,000psi.

1/8" on page 14 of http://www.parker.com/icd/cat/english/4233.pdf
But that's for fractional tube (1/16 OD). However acording to table 2 that's good for between 5600 and 16900 psi depending on the wall thickness of the tude that is used.

1/8" on page 14 of http://www.parker.com/icd/cat/english/4230.pdf
Various tube OD possibilities.

They've also got flexible hose rated to 10,000psi+ in all sorts of sizes.

And, silly me ;) , there's no need what so ever to go to the instrumentation group. Parker steel industrial fittings and swivels are good upto 7,000psi. The brass ones seem to be rated good to 3500 working pressure.