PDA

View Full Version : AGD should request that the HALO have an Intellifeed port

FaSSt
10-17-2001, 01:44 AM
There should be a bit more interoperability between electronic gear made by various manufacturers.

I mean, you could go to plug-and-play to spray-and-pray in about 15 seconds if an electrical plug was all that it took to hook things together.

Some of us will take the time to connect devices as they are, but I suspect that the majority of players may be reluctant to start hacking things to pieces in order to integrate them.

Just a thought...

SIGSays
10-17-2001, 06:03 AM
halo's can kepp up with mags so why the inteelifeed?? it's not really needed............

the123
10-17-2001, 07:03 AM
wait. who says we're stopping at 16bps? how long before someone will come out with a marker for 20bps? 30bps?? then we'll need better or modified/integrated equipment. I like companys that think to the future.

FiTiRPiLiT
10-17-2001, 08:35 AM
don't know too many people who can spazz their fingers 30 times per second so that is a moot point. full auto will never be seen again in this industry, too dangerous. and they are illegal in tourneys. i believe we have seen what we will see of feed rates. now it's just a matter of making what we have even better and more reliable. the day will come very soon when ball breakages and feed rates are non-existant and not talked about. finally paintball guns are what they need to be, fast and reliable, now we need to find a way to make them cheaper! oh, and paint too! :)

manike
10-17-2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by the123
wait. who says we're stopping at 16bps? how long before someone will come out with a marker for 20bps? 30bps??

It was done already years ago! It's called the Automag RT.

Capable of shooting at 26bps without shootdown if you can pull the trigger that fast (and feed paint into it).

It's even been taken upto 30bps but I guess there may have been a little shootdown at that rate... (rof measured by slowing down video footage and watching how often balls come out the gun in comparison to the frames per second of the footage) and to be honest it's hard to tell the difference between 26 and 30!

Rumour has it the Angel can do over 20 as well if you have the software and finger (I've never seen one over 18bps though ;) I'd also be worried about the Angel design getting shootdown at that ROF due to the air powered ram opening the valve...

manike

slateman
10-17-2001, 09:17 AM
many of the paintball gun manufactures got together a couple of years ago and decided that they would not build a marker capable over 13bps

BlackVCG
10-17-2001, 09:21 AM
You don't need an intellifeed setup for the HALO. It does the opposite of the Revy in that it spins upon the detection of a ball. This means that as long as balls are passing by the eye, it will keep feeding paint. It's not waiting for the jam in the neck, which is the primary reason why this thing can feed so fast.

manike
10-17-2001, 09:24 AM
True but not many of them have stuck to it!

I think ICD and BE are the only ones that have stuck to it...

It's very hard to limit mechanical guns anyway and most electro manufacturers don't limit their guns either.

Matrix didn't. Angel Didn't. Kingman didn't.

Automag RT doesn't (neither does the mag for that matter). The Autococker doesn't...

Shocker is limited, I don't think the Impulse is, but I may well be wrong there, they might both be..

Not sure about the E-mag, is it limited to 13bps in semi? I think so.

So they agreed it (all apart from WDP IIRC), stuck to it for a while, and then continued pretty much as before.

manike

slateman
10-17-2001, 09:31 AM
AGD can probably answer this better but I'll try.

The Emag was tested at well over 13bps. This led to the development of the warpfeed. However, I THINK that the board in the Emag limits it to 13bps but i could be wrong.:D

FiTiRPiLiT
10-17-2001, 09:41 AM
the emag is limited to 16bps in semi and 9bps in burst..but this is not my point. my point is that although balls can theoretically fire that fast, we will not be able to do so unless the triggers are designed so as to allow for multi-finger fanning smoothly. and i do not see gun manufacturers willing to take the risk of lawsuits because their gun shot up little timmy at the field on saturday with 30 paintballs in one second. get my point? okay so we have the feed rates, now lets concentrate on making our loaders/warp feeders more efficient/compact?

AGD
10-17-2001, 08:24 PM
Boy are you guys on top of it! Yes we are requesting that HALO put a direct link to the hopper.

If you think no one can shoot a gun faster that 15 bps with a tournament legal trigger, you are sorely mistaken. We are working on something now, this one we are keeping secret.

AGD

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-17-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Boy are you guys on top of it! Yes we are requesting that HALO put a direct link to the hopper.

If you think no one can shoot a gun faster that 15 bps with a tournament legal trigger, you are sorely mistaken. We are working on something now, this one we are keeping secret.

AGD

eh? awww come come Tom, dont hold out on us :P

<kissesarse>we love you!</kissesarse>

Nitroduck
10-17-2001, 08:35 PM
Ohhh, I cant wait to see what it is Tom.

I'd like everyone to note something rather interesting.

Even though most guns shoot say 13 bps doesnt mean everyone gets it to 13bps for a whole second.

However , there are people (like myself) that just love having guns that shoot 20bps or use infinity mode (infinity will cycle as long as there is paint in gun, so it can go theoretically, infinite). Why? I can pop out of a bunker, take half a second, or even a quarter of a second, and take 5-10 shots off. That is much more important than keeping a high sustained ROF. I've been able to hit snapshooters by taking 5 shots in a quick burst while they are out of thier bunker.......It gives them a very short lifespan of playing with me..

I've been able to hit 20bps (max out my LEDs board) for about 5 shots in 1/4ths of a second. And have been able to hit 14 for a complete second and would be able to keep that ROF for quite awhile.

Tom, I have a quick question : Can you increase the Emags ROF above 16bps, or is that as far as it will go? I want to take full advantage of when I get a Emag Extreme and use Warpfeed and a turborev.

Thanks.

FaSSt
10-17-2001, 08:52 PM
Nitroduck makes a great point. There is a huge difference between cyclic and sustained ROF. A quick burst at a high ROF is very effective.

FiTiRPiLiT
10-18-2001, 07:37 AM
i get your guys' point. and it is well taken. but nitro, i don't think a turborev can sustain 16bps! i have one, and i chop above 12bps. i'm with you, the extreem/warp/halo combo is in my future! heck ya!

gimp
10-18-2001, 09:35 AM
I wonder what tom has up his sleeve now.

the123
10-18-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by FiTiRPiLiT
don't know too many people who can spazz their fingers 30 times per second so that is a moot point.

According to AGD it's not :) I heard him talking about this months ago at the BBT Barbecue. it's not illeagal, YET. I'm just saying people always want smaller/better/faster/lighter. So companies will do whatever it takes to win over customers.

manike
10-18-2001, 01:37 PM
Yep, I started that whole thread in fight club about what is and what is not semi-auto becuase I have found a way of shooting a gun much faster and which is currently legal within the definition of semi. Wether it will stay legal is another point altogether. ;)

manike

FiTiRPiLiT
10-18-2001, 01:44 PM
ya, attach the trigger magnet to an electric motor and a dowel rod......hahaha 100bps!