PDA

View Full Version : In trouble with Neighbors for paintballs.

The Action Figure
07-12-2004, 01:42 PM
this fat neighbor of mine is being a retard saying that im killing all the animals in the neighborhood by shooting paintballs. He says that the animals eat the paintballs and die because of the toxins in there. I tried to explain to him they dont... but. so im out there shooting at a tree and he comes to my house and starts yelling at me and Im pretty sure hes callin the police! what do I do?

hAppy
07-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Run, shoot the police, shoot him, than run more.

Nothing you can do, just talk to the police, don't panic or get angry.

Smoke
07-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Eat a paintball in front of him.

arsonpaintball06
07-12-2004, 01:46 PM
paintballs arent toxic......... arent they like vegetable oil, u can eat them urself, dont taste good tho

C_22
07-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Ermm... do bribes work over there?

Torbo
07-12-2004, 01:50 PM
well first off, animals are overrated. But anyway, show whomever the warning thing on the side of a paint case. It says non-toxic on it.

Deep Sixx
07-12-2004, 01:50 PM

They taste indescribably awful, but to win the argument and prove the point... I'd eat one. Although, it would be easier to just show him the box. It says "non-toxic" on the label.

sixx

TeamNausea
07-12-2004, 01:54 PM
well first off, animals are overrated.
LOL

SlipknotX556
07-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Just show him the box, or just eat one. Get an apple filled one, they taste better then the non scented ones.

WickeDKlowN
07-12-2004, 01:57 PM
They taste indescribably awful, but to win the argument and prove the point... I'd eat one. Although, it would be easier to just show him the box. It says "non-toxic" on the label.

sixx
They're not THAT bad, I've eaten them on a few occasions(bets, scaring my sister, etc.; I've also eaten fish food to scare my sister).

Just eat one(or a handfull) in front of him... then fall to the ground and pretend to go into convulsions and see what he does.

The Action Figure
07-12-2004, 02:07 PM
lol whell the police arent here yet, but im gettin freaked out

FSU_Paintball
07-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Actually, I thought I read something about dogs dying after eating paintballs

(might not have been legit, but I do remember reading it)

hAppy
07-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Don't freak, take breathes, if you panic, they'll think you have something to hide. Just be confident.

KRAKMT
07-12-2004, 02:20 PM
There is a field up here that is battling the neighbors. The neighbor called the epa because the paintballs were getting into the stream. The epa checked and has something about paintballs non-toxic. We all know that but he has documentation if you need it.
As for dealing with the police- be nice and civil, don't raise your voice or swear just explain to them that the guy is against paintballs.
Hpefully you are not shooting the wildlife- can be a crime in itself. But as for them eating it show them the box or if necessary the epa stuff. you will be fine.
K

lol whell the police arent here yet, but im gettin freaked out

C_22
07-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Bribe...

SoccerPaintball3
07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
run drew run, run away as fast as you can and take your paintball gun with you.

The Action Figure
07-12-2004, 02:37 PM
anyone in a diff. state have room for me, there will be a tube of paint for whoever give me room and food

cphilip
07-12-2004, 02:42 PM
this fat neighbor of mine is being a retard saying that im killing all the animals in the neighborhood by shooting paintballs. He says that the animals eat the paintballs and die because of the toxins in there. I tried to explain to him they dont... but. so im out there shooting at a tree and he comes to my house and starts yelling at me and Im pretty sure hes callin the police! what do I do?

Don't shoot paintballs in your neighborhood....

Chose more appropriate titles for your posts...

Do your home work and stay in school...

Don't do drugs....

lord1234
07-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Don't shoot paintballs in your neighborhood....

Chose more appropriate titles for your posts...

Do your home work and stay in school...

Don't do drugs....

point 1: Shoot paintballs at your neighbor

point 2: yes...please

point 3: home...work? no those are two TOTALLY different things phil

point 4: don't do drugs...well....yeah....ummm...i lost my train of thought.

The Action Figure
07-12-2004, 02:45 PM
lol. I just got my new otb frame and chaos chip, I couldnt resist :( :) If you were in my shoes that title would be appropriate, but ill change it :) well nothing yet so maybe he didnt call

JimmyBeam
07-12-2004, 02:48 PM

ya just pop like two or three in your mouth and make him eat his words

SniperSmurf
07-12-2004, 02:52 PM
I've eaten more than one paintball in my time... of course it was through a mask... and I didn't really want to! :tard: I've got a Flex-7 now and haven't "eaten" any since! :clap: You probably eat stuff that's worse for you all the time. I know I do! MSG, Aspartame, Nicotine, etc. Mmmmmm.... :cheers:

hAppy
07-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Or eat them like snacks while you guys chat. And offer him some to be polite

AGDlover
07-12-2004, 02:53 PM
aw thats nothen i got pulled over by the cops the other day on my four wheeler w/o a driverslicence/ID, w/ useing turn signals, rideing on village proporty... the list goes on and he gave me a warning

Setzer
07-12-2004, 03:16 PM
There is a field up here that is battling the neighbors. The neighbor called the epa because the paintballs were getting into the stream. The epa checked and has something about paintballs non-toxic. We all know that but he has documentation if you need it.
As for dealing with the police- be nice and civil, don't raise your voice or swear just explain to them that the guy is against paintballs.
Hpefully you are not shooting the wildlife- can be a crime in itself. But as for them eating it show them the box or if necessary the epa stuff. you will be fine.
K

The EPA are idiots. They actually came to my town to investigate the City once. They were dumping all our excess snow (high snowfall that winter) into the ocean. The EPA told the City to quit because it was changing the salinity of the ocean.

On Topic though, they are non-toxic. The worst I can see happening with the police is them giving you a warning about shooting a paintball gun in city limits or somthing like that.

The Action Figure
07-12-2004, 03:27 PM
yeah nothin still

SlartyBartFast
07-12-2004, 03:36 PM
The EPA are idiots. They actually came to my town to investigate the City once. They were dumping all our excess snow (high snowfall that winter) into the ocean. The EPA told the City to quit because it was changing the salinity of the ocean.

On Topic though, they are non-toxic. The worst I can see happening with the police is them giving you a warning about shooting a paintball gun in city limits or somthing like that.

Umm...

Besides salt, there's a lot of nasty stuff in plowed snow that doesn't belong dumped in the Ocean. And even salt. Excess salt may change the local salinity enough to kill off local wild life.

Here all the snow used to be pushed into the river. Now we have a giant, black, nasty hill that stays until the end of August. :yuck:

ryanshep
07-12-2004, 03:39 PM
i was shooting pb in my back yard once and my neighbor came over to me and started yelling at me how her horses, their cage thing shares a fence with my yard, are going to die because they were eating a paintball. I then proceded (sp?) to open my hopper and eat a couple paintballs. Then with a mouth full of paint i said, "they are non toxic." she has yet to comment on my shooting of paintballs in my backyard again...

Setzer
07-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh, I understand that there pay be other things in the snow. Also, we don't sand or salt our roads in the winter. Their argument was specifically that the snow wouldmake the ocean "less salty". To give you an idea, this is a small town, only 24 miles of paved road. Not all the snow was dumped into the ocean, just excess to what they could hold. After the City was told to stop, the EPA came back and said it was okay to do :p

dwab3000
07-12-2004, 03:47 PM
anyone in a diff. state have room for me, there will be a tube of paint for whoever give me room and food

thinks you can ive with 2 guys a chick and a 14 yr old boy...

if so come on over...we have all sorts of toys...and more bushies than you can imagine well ok 4..and a half (dont ask)

so come on over

BlackHalo
07-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Might not be the exact brand, but they're all similar.

Issue date: April 17, 1996

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET

1. Product Identification

Product Name: Paintballs

Description: Soft gelatin capsules containing colored liquid

Manufacturer's Name: R.P. Scherer, North America

Recreational Products Division

11286 47th Street North

Clearwater, Florida 34622

Emergency Telephone Number: 813-572-4000, extension 559

2. Hazardous Ingredients

Hazardous Components: None

Materials contained in this product are classified as non-hazardous according to the definitions set forth in 29 CFR 1910.1200

3. Physical Data

Appearance: Spherical solid capsule containing colored liquid

Odor: Characteristic

Vapor Pressure: Low

Vapor Density: Not Determined

Boiling Point: Decomposes before boiling

Solubility in Water: Appreciable

Specific Gravity of Liquid: 1.12 - 1.15 @ 25/25O C

4. Fire and Explosion Hazards

Flash Point: > 232O C (450O F) PMCC

Autoignition Temperature: Not Determined

Flammability Limits: LEL: Not Determined

UEL: Not Determined

Extinguishing Media: Dry chemical, foam, or CO2

Hazardous Combustion Products: Under fire conditions polymers decompose. The smoke may contain polymer fragments of varying compositions in addition to unidentified toxic and/or irritating compounds. Hazardous combustion products may include and are not limited to: carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide.

Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: None known

5. Reactivity Hazards

Chemical Stability: Stable

Incompatibility: Avoid contact with strong acids and oxidizing materials.

Hazardous decomposition products: May include and are not limited to: aldehydes, ketones, organic acids, and polymer fragments.

Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur

6. Health Hazards

Eye: May cause slight transient (temporary) eye irritation. Corneal injury is unlikely.

Skin: Prolonged or repeated exposure not likely to cause significant skin irritation. May cause more severe response if skin is abraded. A single prolonged exposure is not likely to result in material being absorbed through skin in harmful amounts. No allergic skin reactions are known to have occurred.

Ingestion: Single dose oral toxicity is considered to be extremely low. No hazards anticipated from swallowing small amounts incidental to normal handling operations.

Inhalation: Not hazardous

Carcinogenity: NTP: no IRAC: no OSHA: no

Chronic Effects: None known

First Aid Procedures: Flush effected skin and eyes with plenty of water. Seek medical attention in case of ingestion, do not induce vomiting.

7. Spill Procedures

Hazard Ratings: NFPA

Health 0

Flammability 0

Reactivity 0

Protective Equipment: Safety glasses

Spills: Solids and liquids may be swept or scooped up and placed in plastic or metal containers for disposal. Dispose of materials according to applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Non-hazardous waste under RCRA regulations.

8. Handling and Special Precautions

Handling and storage: Product should be kept in original containers or other suitable containers and protected from excessive exposure to air, heat, and light.

9. Regulatory

SARA 313 Title III: Not regulated

TSCA: All ingredients are listed on the TSCA inventory.

DOT: Not Hazardous

OSHA: Not Hazardous

WHMIS Classification (Canada): Not a "Controlled Product"

NOTICE: The information herein is presented in good faith and believed to be accurate as of the effective date. However, no warranty, express or implied is given.

lawman1380
07-12-2004, 03:50 PM
They should make those guys on fear factor eat paintballs. :)

GT
07-12-2004, 03:57 PM
but im gettin freaked out

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

frontrunner
07-12-2004, 03:58 PM
ok i may be a florida boy but wouldn't the snow end up in the ocean anyway when it melts or atleast wouldn't some of the run off get there. down here our rain run off runs in to our lakes and rivers and they make their way to the ocean.

back on point you should be fine as long as you were fireing at a decent size target and can show it was a controlled practic/tuning thing, but if you get mad its gonna look like your wrong so keep your cool

Setzer
07-12-2004, 04:03 PM
ok i may be a florida boy but wouldn't the snow end up in the ocean anyway when it melts or atleast wouldn't some of the run off get there. down here our rain run off runs in to our lakes and rivers and they make their way to the ocean.

Yes, it all ends up in the ocean, but I think if we want to continue this, we should move it to a different forum, its really off-topic and I apologize.

Webmaster
07-12-2004, 04:09 PM
First - make sure you are within the law to be fireing paintballs where you are. Many citeis dont allow firearms (and some cities classify paint markers as fire arms) to be shot in the city.

Whats more - where you are shooting the paint balls, it needs to be your land - or public land.

IF that is up and up - paintball ARE harmless. Why would we make something toxic?

They dont taste good - but my dads dog LOVES to eat them. Stuipd dog.

good luck with it- try to act as grown up as you can when dealing with outsiders of the sport.

thanks

SlartyBartFast
07-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Ingestion: Single dose oral toxicity is considered to be extremely low. No hazards anticipated from swallowing small amounts incidental to normal handling operations.
First Aid Procedures: Flush effected skin and eyes with plenty of water. Seek medical attention in case of ingestion, do not induce vomiting.

Should we be worried about the "Seek medical attention"? :eek:

How many paintballs is a "small amount"? :spit_take

UltimatePaintballer
07-12-2004, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Torbo]well first off, animals are overrated.QUOTE]

lol

i would be more worried about the cops and you having a "weapon" out if there are small children or anyone else instead of your neighbor.

daviselk
07-12-2004, 10:06 PM
well their is no way that paintballs are killing animals, they are made from the exact same thing that a tylonal gel pill is made from. but shooting is a diffrent story, if it is in your own yard you are ok, unless the place u live thinks that is illegal, but if you are shooting out of your lawn they will find some :cuss: thing to charge you for. if you do get in trouble afterwards just do somthing to piss him off so bad, if you lived by me i would of allready done it1 ;)