PDA

View Full Version : Dye Core Knee Pads

rkjunior303
07-12-2004, 03:08 PM
So I believe I'm between sizes..... The L were a little too tight for my legs while the XL fit my lower legs but they are a bit loose for the upper thigh.. I tried wearing them and this weekend my knee got totally jacked up when I slid into a bunker..... Any suggestions? If they are real tight, will they stretch out a bit? Is it possible to shrink them a bit??

PsychoBaller
07-12-2004, 03:13 PM
I don't remember what the washing directions for the padz are, but i own Dye 2003 Elbow, Knee padz, and Slide Shortz. Regarding the Elbow and Knee Padz, i believe I got mediums-large. After a day of play or couple o practices, wutever, I throw the suckers in the wash with all my other Uniform gear. However, I air dry them instead of throwing them in the dryer.

In any event, They do shrink to a small degree. Color changes slighlty, but for the most part, they are just fine, and shrink a tiny bit. U definately don't want pads to tight that constrict bloodflow, but dont have them too large that they just slide around with ease.

-baller

rkjunior303
07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
The "L" were defintely too tight..... I could feel the blood pooling in my upper thigh lol... As for the XLs... My calf side is fine while its my thigh that is a bit loose... That's where they slid down from sunday on me -- they didn't slide allt he way down, just enough so my knee was exposed.. It didn't help that I blew the knee out of my pants as well.... Maybe I'll wash em and throw them through the dryer in low heat... Just enough to shrink em a bit but not melt the neoprene...

Bulldog
07-12-2004, 03:40 PM
I always throw mine in the dryer. Low heat I think....That happens about once a week and they're still doing fine. Mine were real tight when I first bought them, now they're stretched a bit and are comfortable. If you're in between sizes, you may just want to look at something else. :confused:

The Spanish Inquisition
07-12-2004, 03:40 PM
I had the same problem with the large size ones, so I put them on a couple of coffee cans for about 3 days. They fit fine now.

good luck.

rkjunior303
07-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I already own a pair of XLs.. The L's were way to small (darn hockey legs)..... Im wondering if I can shrink the XLs just a tad.