PDA

View Full Version : AGD Support/Repair on Classics

TDonovan
07-12-2004, 05:09 PM
I want to buy a mag that has a classic valve to start off my AGD collection. It's at a good price and it seems like it'd be a big upgrade over my 98 custom. First off, do you think that'd be worth it if I'm getting a good price?

It has the ULE body, intelliframe, and level 10, so I figured it'd be a better gun.

But, my question is, if this breaks or I have a problem, does AGD still have the parts to fix it (valve)? I wouldn't mind even paying them a little money to fix it up (if all valve stars are gone), but I want to make sure this is going to be a gun they can still troubleshoot now and years down the road.

note- I will be buying an xvalved mag later too, but this is going to be my backup/brother's gun instead of the 98 custom.

pointm@n
07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
AGD will continue to support the classic valves even though they have stopped productions. There is nothing to the classic valves. The only things that wear out are the O-rings and that is cheap to manufacture.

cphilip
07-12-2004, 05:13 PM
With all that stuff I would say around 300 or so would be a good buy. Might would go 350. In parts alone you could get that out of it.

Parts is easy to get. And they almost indestructable. A parts kit will fix you right up.

TDonovan
07-12-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm talking with the guy right now... I assure you I'm getting a good deal. I've done my homework on THAT aspect.

So it seems like I shouldn't have any problems keeping the classic valve running and supported.

You have any tips so that I don't get ripped off on this buy? I'll try doing paypal, but if he doesn't I'll probably have to do money order.

splatterbrain
07-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Check out AGD'S web site before you pay a bundle. you can get an RT PRO with an X-valve for $340.00

TDonovan
07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
I was going to get it for 250... But in the hour between our first and second "chats" he gave the deal to someone offering essentially the same amount of cash. So, I'm fed up with trying to get a cheap deal on a ule classic...

I guess I'm just going to have to get a ULE custom deal... I'm just hope I'm not dissapointed with it's performance with a HPA preset tank.

cphilip
07-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Check out AGD'S web site before you pay a bundle. you can get an RT PRO with an X-valve for $340.00

yes but he said this marker had intelliframe and ule body already. Those two things alone are a good bit more....

splatterbrain
07-19-2004, 02:17 AM
Good point CPhilip, That does bump it up to $440.00 range