PDA

View Full Version : questions on bench mounting & testing a paintball marker

sbikeclix
10-17-2001, 08:13 AM
im doing a science project on how different length barrels affect accurac &ditance at different pressures. a couple of questions:
1) what do you think the lowest pressure i could run a stock spyder at ?(i have a geddon with gen-x regulator, so i can pretty much go to any pressure, and i have to use spyder b/c thats the only way i can get a 2 piece-barrel with different lengths to fit)
2)how would you benchmount it properly
3)what would be the best distance to test shot grouping at?
4)a question about a light sensing chrono, as that will probably be the only chrono i can get to, should i use it in shade or direct sunlight?

FeelTheRT
10-17-2001, 03:32 PM
is this test aproved? I find it hard to believe that you can bring a paintball gun on school grounds..

sbikeclix
10-17-2001, 05:57 PM
im doing the test at home, b/c its a science fair project. but i will be showing the results at the science fair, obviously

DarkPhoenix
10-17-2001, 06:06 PM
I recommend doing the test in the shade, or at least away from dirrect sunlight, as it might interfere with your findings.

Benchmounting must be done with a vise. I have a portable plastic vise with tough rubber bumpers within the grip to prevent scratching and improve resistance to movement. bought it from the home depot. I recommend using a stable workbench and vise.

I recommend 25 and 45 yard ranges, to illustrate accuracy at different ranges via measuring the size of shot groupings, each shot grouping consisting of a group of 30 paintball per target.

DaXtremeist
10-17-2001, 07:54 PM
jeez a bunch of kids are doing this test......
a kid down here in florida at paintball park was doing a similar test using different brands of paint

sbikeclix
10-18-2001, 04:47 PM
well, i figure that this will be realtively easy to research, fun to do, and will prove a very important point to the new paintabllers at my school- longer barrels dont help range