PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE vs. Impulse/Timmy/Whatever using a Revvy...

hobbesTZ
07-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I use a revvy. It's all I want to use. It's super reliable, and the shell will never break on me. It doesn't have an Xboard or TurboRev and it feeds just fine. Now, what I'm wondering is if I'm wasting my money with expensive electros. One of my dream markers is a ULE/Xvalve 'mag with a vert frame :dance: but the cost comes out to equal nice electros. However, I only use a revvy, and I don't shoot a lot of paint (I don't usually buy more than 1000 rounds at the field).

What I'm trying to get at...Am I wasting my time w/ heavier electros that are less reliable (everything I touch seems to break!)

Also, I think it's worth noting that I don't really have a marker preferance. Everything shoots about the same to me. Though I do have a fetish for vert. frames :wow:

68magOwner
07-12-2004, 07:58 PM
just gonna say, as to amount of paint used, i never even went through a whole case untill i got a higher end electro (imp) now no matter what gun i use i shoot at least a case, if your looking to save on paint, stay mech (although you can waste just as much paint wiht one

evan123
07-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Well timmys have eyes and i don't think you should worry about chopping but you will be shooting yoru gun faster then a non x-boarded revy can feed. I would just stay with a mag if you don't plan on shooting a lot and what not.

tony3
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
I love revvys for the same reason you do, simple, reliable, easy to use etc. They feed 10 bps or so, fast enough for me. Not to mention very light and balanced. I've used my revvy on a z timmy, hk speed, lasoya timmy, and next it will be used on my dm4. Being able to shoot 3 quick shots when snap shooting helps a lot. A split second is just enough time for a ball to hit you. You won't be able to shoot 3 shots with an rt ule as you will be with a nice electro. That's my reason to have one. Plus it is easier to shoot long strings with an electro which helps out on the break.

RRfireblade
07-12-2004, 09:04 PM
You'll still shoot faster,easier with an Electro,especially with ACE of some kind.

Revy's can feed quite fast for 6-8 balls at a time so short strings really aren't that bad.

But it sounds like that's not what your after so I really wouldn't see any reason to go Electro....or more expensive whatever.

Get the Mech of your dreams and have fun. :)

daviselk
07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
I like revys the same ways you do, expecially the older ones with the hard shells. but if you really wanna "sup" one up you can find a small electro motor and find a way to make it run of the sensor for the balls. I know of some1 who has done it and it was feedin 18 with an impeller blade in it. :bounce:

elpimpo
07-13-2004, 12:55 AM
my halos been nothing but realiable, and its fast as hell. the only draw back is the weight

TheTramp
07-13-2004, 08:56 AM
I honestly believe you would be wasting you money if you bought a top of the line electro and kept using a standard 12V Revy and 1000 balls per day.

The whole point of high-end electros is to shoot tons of paint really fast. Yes I know all the front guys who love their electros will say that's not true but hey that's why it MY opinion.

There are two reasons to buy a high-end gun...speed and anti-chop protection

If you don't need the speed (which you wont with a Revy) then the anti-chop is all that's left.

Because the L10 is the best anti-chop right now (once again IMHO) they the RTP is probably the right gun for you.

tony3
07-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Sorry, but your opinion is ummmm wrong? I bet you I can shoot off 3 quick shots with my dm4, faster then I could with my old rt. A split second counts when a guy is posted on and you need to snap him out.

If anyone rocks a revvy and wants more reliable feeding, putting eggy paddles in it, makes it feed sooo much more consistent.

elpimpo
07-13-2004, 10:25 AM
I like revys the same ways you do, expecially the older ones with the hard shells. but if you really wanna "sup" one up you can find a small electro motor and find a way to make it run of the sensor for the balls. I know of some1 who has done it and it was feedin 18 with an impeller blade in it. :bounce:

thats not possible without it being forcefed, which the revy is not cappable of

TheTramp
07-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Sorry, but your opinion is ummmm wrong? I bet you I can shoot off 3 quick shots with my dm4, faster then I could with my old rt. A split second counts when a guy is posted on and you need to snap him out.

If anyone rocks a revvy and wants more reliable feeding, putting eggy paddles in it, makes it feed sooo much more consistent.

Since the revy is the limiting factor here I don't see how that can be anything other than you not being able to fire your RT at 11bps.

tony3
07-13-2004, 10:37 AM
it would depend on gravity more then the revvy. The 3 balls are already in the ball stack most likely. Gravity can feed balls at 13 bps, and i can easily get that on my dm4. On my old school rt, getting past 10 bps was hard unless I fanned it, but its hard to fan for 3 shots.

TheTramp
07-13-2004, 10:43 AM
it would depend on gravity more then the revvy. The 3 balls are already in the ball stack most likely. Gravity can feed balls at 13 bps, and i can easily get that on my dm4. On my old school rt, getting past 10 bps was hard unless I fanned it, but its hard to fan for 3 shots.

Well I guess that's fair enough.

I still think that for this guys purposes a high-end electro would be considerable overkill.

elpimpo
07-13-2004, 10:58 AM

so true on both saying, the timmy/dm4/angel what ever are way smoother firing and they can get balls off quickly. now dont get me wrong ive snapped a few fools with the old school mag, but its so much easier with my timmy because i can snap, snap, put him in then rip his bunker and either bump up or bunker the fool. high end markers just make it that much easier

and the eggy blade is nice because its soft and woulnt pinch balls like the impellor occationally does, and it seems like its slightly faster

daviselk
07-13-2004, 11:51 AM
I honestly believe you would be wasting you money if you bought a top of the line electro and kept using a standard 12V Revy and 1000 balls per day.

The whole point of high-end electros is to shoot tons of paint really fast. Yes I know all the front guys who love their electros will say that's not true but hey that's why it MY opinion.

There are two reasons to buy a high-end gun...speed and anti-chop protection

If you don't need the speed (which you wont with a Revy) then the anti-chop is all that's left.

Because the L10 is the best anti-chop right now (once again IMHO) they the RTP is probably the right gun for you.

Here is what u want to read.

Automaggot68
07-13-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree with RRfireblade and TheTramp.

Have any of you thought abought this question, if it were asked five, ten years ago? This turned from ' What gun should I buy, i use a revvy', to comparing electrocs, and their 'specific' purposes.
I say stick with a mag. My Classic Valved mag's trigger pull is pretty short, because of my trigger stop (installed by Bad_dog, grreat work :D ) and the pull is already pretty soft, so ROF isn't an issue for me. Comparing the trigger on a mech mag (non ult) to a timmy(or DM4, angel, etc) is freaking stupid.

Edit: Alot of posts i've been reading nowadays regarding ROF issues, Electros, etc, they all seems to turn into ' HEY! I RELY ON MY HIGH END MARKER FOR ELIMINATIONS !'

abunkerer
07-13-2004, 02:08 PM
I Know that on an impulse with vision a force fed hopper such as a halo is best. The reason for this is because of how the vision system works. It wont allow the gun to cycle untill it "detects" a ball, after that the gun can be fired...sounds good, but it isnt...If the vision detects a ball it is set to be fired after this point no matter what, even if you remove the hopper and the ball degass the gun, anything, the gun will cycle the solenoid. So if you have a revvy that doesn't keep pressure on a stack of balls on the feedneck and you are running and the balls are bouncing around in your breech the vision will detect a ball and be ready to fire, and a ball may be bounced halfway up into the feedneck "chop"
break beam eyes dont work this way, if the ball moves out of position for some reason the gun wont fire untill the ball is in position and the beam is broken again. I can throw an old vl200 on my matrix and rip shake and rip without chopping.

elpimpo
07-13-2004, 06:27 PM
ahhh the good old rip and shake, reminds me of the good old days,