PDA

View Full Version : pop quiz:

thei3ug
10-17-2001, 08:44 AM
Whoever gets this question right gets a cookie:

Who made the first "stick" "Blade" or basically non grooved 2 finger trigger?

Bonus question worth half a cookie: WHY did he make it?

manike
10-17-2001, 08:55 AM
Doc Nickle.

He made it as he had seen competition guns with similiar triggers :)

Gimme my cookie!

lol

manike

TheTramp
10-17-2001, 09:04 AM
If he had seen the triggers how could his be the first? ;)

manike
10-17-2001, 09:09 AM
I think thei3ug means the first double trigger one and within paintball...

I believe Doc made the first with just a straight stainless steel rod. May even have been for a shocker IIRC. Was 'purty' that's for sure.

I've seen straight blade triggers on Air rifles and competition match shooting guns for years, but they were just single finger triggers. Not doubles.

manike

TheTramp
10-17-2001, 09:20 AM
I'm sure you are right. I was just giving you a hard time.

What make the straight trigger better for comp. shooting? Is it just that you can place you finger where ever feels best to you without having to worry about the trigger shape forcing your placement?

manike
10-17-2001, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I'm sure you are right. I was just giving you a hard time.

:)

Originally posted by TheTramp
What make the straight trigger better for comp. shooting? Is it just that you can place you finger where ever feels best to you without having to worry about the trigger shape forcing your placement?

I think it's that and also to help so that the shooter can ensure he is pully the trigger perfectly straight back without contacting the trigger badly at a shaped part... I think ultimately it's still just personal preference.

manike

thei3ug
10-17-2001, 12:01 PM
althoug it's not quite fair that MANIKE ANSWERED, all the rest of you are losers. :)

and yes i specified 2x and implied paintball. :)

manike
10-17-2001, 12:13 PM
Not quite fair? I didn't see anything in the rules about who could and who couldn't answer :)

Just send over my cookie... with a wilderness girl please ;)

manike

Juge
10-17-2001, 12:31 PM
My personal view is that whit blade you have your trigger fingers closer than the normal one. I mean that your fingers are pretty far for each other whit normal trigger. So your press pressure whit normal trigger is wider than the blade. And you have much more varietys(?) whit your trigger finger press angles. And when the two fingers are together it's like one powerfull finger - and perhaps faster.

Sorry about the errors in writing.