PDA

View Full Version : What HPA for a MiniMag

Manuel_FZR
10-17-2001, 09:47 AM
Hi!
I still use CO2 on my MiniMag, but now, I want to buy a HPA-system!
What system should I buy, and what system is not so expensive, but enough for my Mini? I only want to use it on my MiniMag, not on another ("faster") marker.
Thanks!

HeerophantG
10-17-2001, 09:57 AM
I think the Flatline is the best yet (because the AGD made it) but if you think it's expensive you may try Screw-in tank, like Pure-Energy as well.

PS. I Hope AGD will make a 4500psi Tank soon :D :D :D

dawump
10-17-2001, 09:57 AM
When my Mag came used it had a 3000psi Crossfire 44cu tank. I get between 500 and 600 shots before drop off, which for regular play satisfies my needs.

This is not a "This thing ROCKS!" thread, I'm adding it because these things are SO cheap! I think they retail between $70 and $80 right now.

They are steel so are heavier than some others, but when you look at the price difference between this unit and any 4500psi tank, or even 3000psi 66cu tanks it is significant.

Don't get me wrong, you get what you pay for, but at $70 there is no reason why anyone still needs to use CO2.

I believe that there is another similar spec tank below $100 that isn't steel, and that might be worth the extra few dollars for the weight improvement.

If money is no object though, I would do things the other way around. Take your marker to a store and first of all try out configuration, ie. which tank size works best for you, drop forwards etc. and then buy a 4500psi tank. They have much more shots per fill.

Keith

TheTramp
10-17-2001, 11:04 AM
I suggest a Crosfire 68 ci 3000psi steel "Stub" tank. It's fairly small, not too heavy, relativly inexpensive ($130 or even less on sale) and it'll keep up with "faster" markers. It keeps up with my Retro Mag with no problem.

Of course a Flatline would be the ultimate tank but that's over $200 for a 68 ci, 3000psi tank.

Xzion
10-17-2001, 06:26 PM
I bought an ACI 68CI 3000 PSI Bulldog for my Minimag, it worked pretty well, the weight and size was nice, for me at anyrate. Though, I kind of regret buying a screw in tank, but that was just mainly due to cost and such, I wish it had an On/Off without having to buy adapters and such... I'll never buy a screw on tank again, only do the impracticality of them compared to my setup and tastes.