PDA

View Full Version : AO-CO 3.0 Rocky Mountain Invasion wrap up

boggerman
07-13-2004, 02:58 AM
Well, the invasion turned out to be more of an infiltration, as not as many actually showed up as first planned. We ended up with 11 out of the 23 or so that we had hoped for, but it is quality and not quantity that counts, and we had that for sure. We attended a scenario game with roughly 80-90 players, and two regular scenario teams there. The big news was that our AO group was recognized for outstanding team sportsmanship. Interseting thing about that is that there are only five of us that have made all three events and those are the only times we have ever played together! Well, this post is only meant to be a thread starter, and hopefully the other attendees will post up and contribute some pics and other info.

A big thanks to bryceeden and zeroack for contributions to the prize pool for the attendees, bryce with t-shirts and a jersey and a ducky ;) , and zero with some zerosacks(goggle sacks). Also a huge thank you to byrce for getting the event t-shirts printed and bringing them to the event, all the way from utah to denver! Thanks to AGD for their contributions to the prizes as well, most notably a warp feed that dawump(keith) can hang from his new tac1! :hail:

tony3
07-13-2004, 10:28 AM
"This thread is worthless without pics" :ninja:

ShooterJM
07-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Yeah it was a great time as usual. Got some pics, hopefully I'll be able to throw em up later on tonight after I get home from work! :bounce:

Koosh
07-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Yep, it had Good Times written all over it. We really need to get that team photo they took at the awards ceremony, I think that had everyone in it.

As for a list of people, I think it was:

Barry (Bsolomon)
Keith (Dawump)
Jeff (ShooterJM)
Garrett (Zeroack)
Zero's son, Josh
Myself
Russ (Boggerman)
Tony (Timbpaint)
Bryce Eden
His friend (I don't know his name! doh!)
Brook Eden

I really want to say thanks to Bryce and his crew for driving all the way out from Utah, and bringing the T-Shirts. Those kicked major booty!

As for the game, it had its ups and downs. This was the first time the scenario producer had put on a game, so it was to be expected not everything would go alright. I've played with that guy numerous times though, and he is taking the feedback we give him to heart, so by all means make suggestions on Anthony's forum, or at www.playpaintballcolorado.com so he will know what and how to fix the game.

If we hadn't given our CO to a kid who couldn't be much older then 10, he would have recognized that Barry was hands down our MVP. Barry just has this uncanny knack for getting behind players, mowing down 12 at a time, then forcing another 20 go looking for him after he's been eliminated.

And yes, my signature has been changed to reflect the game and dinner afterwards :rofl: :cheers:

bryceeden
07-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Yep, it had Good Times written all over it. We really need to get that team photo they took at the awards ceremony, I think that had everyone in it.

As for a list of people, I think it was:

Barry (Bsolomon)
Keith (Dawump)
Jeff (ShooterJM)
Garrett (Zeroack)
Zero's son, Josh
Myself
Russ (Boggerman)
Tony (Timbpaint)
Byrce Eden
His friend (I don't know his name! doh!)
Brook Eden

I really want to say thanks to Byrce and his crew for driving all the way out from Utah, and bringing the T-Shirts. Those kicked major booty!

As for the game, it had its ups and downs. This was the first time the scenario producer had put on a game, so it was to be expected not everything would go alright. I've played with that guy numerous times though, and he is taking the feedback we give him to heart, so by all means make suggestions on Anthony's forum, or at www.playpaintballcolorado.com so he will know what and how to fix the game.
If we hadn't given our CO to a kid who couldn't be much older then 10, he would have recognized that Barry was hands down our MVP. Barry just has this uncanny knack for getting behind players, mowing down 12 at a time, then forcing another 20 go looking for him after he's been eliminated.

And yes, my signature has been changed to reflect the game and dinner afterwards :rofl: :cheers:

Why do you keep spelling my name Byrce :confused: ? It was alot of fun, I am not realy a scenario player and it showed but I am looking forward to next time.

Koosh
07-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Doh!. You win this round BRYCE :)

bryceeden
07-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Lets see some pics

dawump
07-13-2004, 10:55 PM
In all the excitement I didn't take any pics - not even one of my Tac1!!!

Must say it was nice to get up there and hang out and camp for a couple of nights. Many thanks to the Renegades for not showing up in strength and pissing around all night keeping me awake this year - much appreciated.

Keith

ShooterJM
07-14-2004, 07:43 AM
pics coming soon. Have to buy a new usb cable, my old one crapped out last night when I was trying to upload the pics I took off my camera. :tard:

zeroack
07-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Well I had a great time. Never met a better group of guyz.

Here's a few of my pics...

http://www.hamilton.net/~tron/junk/aoco1.jpg
Camp site

http://www.hamilton.net/~tron/junk/aoco2.jpg
Part of our "Side" in the Battle for middle earth

http://www.hamilton.net/~tron/junk/aoco3.jpg
Koosh finding out why you work on a Mag at a table.

Zero

boggerman
07-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Good news everyone! [/professor farnsworth voice] The AGD schwag has been sent out, I finally got around to it today. Jeff, I am going to apologize right now for butchering your last name, your handwriting was a little hard to read so I made my best guess. Also, there is one more poster available, it is a big AGD logo and says AO CO 3.0 - Rocky Mountain Invasion on it. If someone wants it speak up now, otherwise I will give it to Tony(Timbpaint) to put up in his "store".

We need to plan 4.0 a little earlier in the year so it is not so :cuss: :mad: hot. If the idea to do it in GJ still appeals to people, I can put a few up at my place to save on expenses, just a thought.

Koosh
07-20-2004, 06:25 PM
I'd call dibs on the poster, but I think it'd serve more use at the "store" then hiding on the wall in my room somewhere...

I forgot to mention, the Paintball Celebri-duck found a good home, he hasn't flown away yet either! :)

C'mon now, where are the rest of the pictures!

ShooterJM
07-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Pictures! Woohooo. Got the camera working....ish.... :bounce:

ShooterJM
07-20-2004, 10:48 PM
More pics.....

ShooterJM
07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
last ones for now...

Koosh
09-02-2004, 02:51 AM
RISE FROM THE DEAD!

Zeroack finally got off his lazy butt and got anthony's pictures up to date

http://www.actionpursuitpaintball.com/bfme2004.htm

The good ones:

http://www.actionpursuitpaintball.com/bfme2004/DSC01589.jpg

Lets see here, standing we have:

Dawump
Bryceeden's friend
TimBPaint (holding our sportsmanship award)
Boggerman
Zeroack's son, Josh
Zeroack
Bryceeden's brother, Brook
and Barry

Kneeling its

Bryceeden
ShooterJM
and myself, flashing the gang sign towords the RogueFactor AGD hat...

http://www.actionpursuitpaintball.com/bfme2004/DSC01494.jpg

Our little staging area...

http://www.actionpursuitpaintball.com/bfme2004/DSC01475.jpg

Our awesome Tshirts from the back

http://www.actionpursuitpaintball.com/bfme2004/DSC01481.jpg

And from the front...

dawump
07-30-2005, 07:02 PM
So if I post to this thread, how many of you guys get a wakeup email?

Are we doing anything this year?

Keith

boggerman
07-30-2005, 08:03 PM
So if I post to this thread, how many of you guys get a wakeup email?

Are we doing anything this year?

Keith
I do, I do!![/german guy voice from supertroopers]

Just kiddin', we tried to do something over here, but the man held us down. Seriously, the forest service shut down out attempt to play up on Grand Mesa two weeks ago, so it looks like this year is a bust :cry:

warbeak2099
07-30-2005, 09:46 PM
First of all, I love Super Troopers. My sn for online games like starcraft and call of duty is Johnny_Chimpo lol.

Anyway, these AO events looks really great when done like that. You guys even got a T-shirt designed! I wish someone in NY would make an AO NY day. It'd be cool if it were in like Madison county, right in the middle of the State. Cmon someone!