PDA

View Full Version : Yellowish ring on tank??

PRPB
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Well I was cleaning all my gear up when I notice this yellow ring at the top of my tank. At first I thought it was just paint, but it doesn't come off. I just want to make sure there isn’t a problem with the tank. So does anyone know what this is?

BobTheCow
07-13-2004, 03:19 PM
It's defective and unsafe, you should send it to me immediately and forget all about it. :D

Could that be where your tank cover ends, and the change of weathering begins?

PRPB
07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Nah I don't have a tank cover. It happened over the weekend cause it wasn't there on Friday.

canemaster
07-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Have and cats or dogs or something that can pee on it?

:headbang:

PissedGodzilla
07-13-2004, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=canemaster]Have and cats or dogs or something that can pee on it?
[/Qoute]

How many dogs or cats have you ever seen just pee in a circle like that... lol :rofl:

does it feel like there is a difference in the fiber when you rub your finger over it, a ridge? a dip? scuffy?

PRPB
07-13-2004, 03:38 PM
nope doesn't feel any different

Skoad
07-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I think I have those on my tank too. It kind of looks like a yellow highlighter mark?

PRPB
07-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Yes it looks like a highlighter. The yellow it a lot brighter then it is in the pictures. Have you had them on your tank for long?

krafty
07-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Looks like a Crossfire tank, right? It might be a good idea to call them and see what they think about it, but I doubt it is anything to worry about.

269-344-7600

SlartyBartFast
07-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Well I was cleaning all my gear up when I notice this yellow ring at the top of my tank. At first I thought it was just paint, but it doesn't come off. I just want to make sure there isn’t a problem with the tank. So does anyone know what this is?

Don't ask us. Ask a professional.

But, look at page 15 of this:http://hazmat.dot.gov/exemptions/E13105.pdf

Discoloration may be a sign of heat damage meaning the cylinder is now unserviceable/dangerous.

DON'T FLASH FILL!!
One filling procedure:http://www.survivair.com/techbulletins/TB103.pdf

This document and others all warn to fill at a maximum of 500 psi per minute. There are numerous warnings against fast/flash filling.

PRPB
07-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Discoloration may be a sign of heat damage meaning the cylinder is now unserviceable/dangerous.

Not something I wanted to hear, but oh well I'll jsut give crossfire a call. As for the flash filling I always try to fill my tank as slow as possible, but the lines for air a D-Day where just to long for me to do it.

Fatjon
07-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Could it be paintstains. Ive seen on some older tanks where people let paint sit on it and it stains.

elpimpo
07-13-2004, 07:41 PM
i had an old aci tank and it was stained pink from the day of playing with kickn, god i love that paint

phelix
11-28-2004, 12:33 PM
so what are we supposed to say when fields flash fill our tanks?

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Gah, everyone in here is being paranoid. Don't worry about it. That happens to every tank I have ever owned.

It is just staining from paint. I could go back and find pink, yello, green, you name it on the top of all my tanks where the tank cover ends.

- Goro

phelix
11-28-2004, 01:07 PM
he just said he doesnt use a cover. didja buy that tank brand new or did it have a previous owner?

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 01:29 PM
he just said he doesnt use a cover. didja buy that tank brand new or did it have a previous owner?
And I said it was staining from paint, not cover. I said where my cover ends as in, it stains where there is no cover. Derrrr.

:rolleyes: <-- gay smiley, but it gets the point across

- Goro

FallNAngel
11-28-2004, 01:31 PM
I agree with SlartyBartFast, looks like it may be heat damage from flash fills. I'd contact Crossfire and perhaps show them those pictures if you can.

Squid: How many tank covers do you know of don't cover the back of the tank??

I also highly doubt it's paint staining...I don't think paint would stain in a ring pattern on the tank.

tony3
11-28-2004, 01:36 PM
This has happened to quite a few of my tanks and never a problem. As for flash filling, it is safe. Think of the thousands of fills every year flash fill style. Think of all the nppl and psp tournies that have self fill stations. Not one injury EVER from flash filling a paintball tank.

PRPB
11-28-2004, 01:55 PM
I agree with SlartyBartFast, looks like it may be heat damage from flash fills. I'd contact Crossfire and perhaps show them those pictures if you can.

Yeah I PM Ryan@Croossfire on PBnation and he told me it was fine. I've been using the tank an everything is fine and half of the ring has come off. So it was indeed stained for paint.

Beemer
11-28-2004, 02:07 PM
This has happened to quite a few of my tanks and never a problem. AS FOR FLASH FILLING, IT IS SAFE. Think of the thousands of fills every year flash fill style. Think of all the nppl and psp tournies that have self fill stations. Not one injury EVER from flash filling a paintball tank.

Ya its SAFE, ok what ever you say. Do you read and do you understand what you read????????
PaintBall is safe to if you know whats really going on if not you make it dangerous. Please be more informed and educated so YOU can help KEEP PaintBall SAFE

http://www.carltech.com/new-composite/pbfastfill.html

http://www.carltech.com/new-composite/safety_hot_topics.html

PAINTBALL Cylinders - Excessive heat due to fast filling can damage a composite pressure vessel!
Rapidly filling a paintball cylinder with a compressor or intensifier results in heating of the gas (air/nitrogen) and the cylinder. If filled too fast, this heat can become excessive resulting in damage to the cylinder. Such damage can lead to failure of the cylinder, potential property damage and personal injury or death. Care must be taken to fill the cylinder at a rate so the cylinder temperature does not become too hot to hold in your bare hand (140°F or above).

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Im with you tony.

Some guy up there was still stuck on the tank cover thing :rolleyes:

- Goro

Beemer
11-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Im with you tony.

GREAT another one thats uninformed and uneducated

Ill be back to add my sig in this post so I can be cool like you [NOT]

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 02:20 PM
GREAT another one thats uninformed and uneducated

Ill be back to add my sig in this post so I can be cool like you [NOT]
Wrong.

- Goro

personman
11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Beemer, you will never be cool until you spam worthless posts and advocate dangerous filling techniques. You should just go ahead and give up right now.

Beemer
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm not a quitter.

Can you tell me how to get my sig in every post so I can start being COOL

personman
11-28-2004, 04:24 PM
The ability to get your sig in every post is a divine right, sorry. Only the chosen ones may do it.

tony3
11-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Ok, after how many years has nppl/psp been using the self fill push button stations? 2 or so? Think of all the fields that use them? Easily over 1 million tanks are filled a year with the self fill push button stations. I just pulled that number out of the air, but it is very realistic. Guess what? No injuries so far.

Just looked on bauer's site, in 01 they introduced the self fill stations starting at the 2nd to last event of the year. I'm looking for injury statistics right now, I'm guessing zero.

Glickman
11-28-2004, 04:34 PM
The ability to get your sig in every post is a divine right, sorry. Only the chosen ones may do it.

there goes another thread.....

did anyone borrow it for a game or two? or did you have anything like a sweatband that might allow paint to form like that? i would try a damp towel with a little soap. but definitly give them a ring as well

-=Squid=-
11-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Ok, after how many years has nppl/psp been using the self fill push button stations? 2 or so? Think of all the fields that use them? Easily over 1 million tanks are filled a year with the self fill push button stations. I just pulled that number out of the air, but it is very realistic. Guess what? No injuries so far.

Just looked on bauer's site, in 01 they introduced the self fill stations starting at the 2nd to last event of the year. I'm looking for injury statistics right now, I'm guessing zero.
I think Tony is one of the last few people on AO that shouldn't give up on life.

I swear, all AO is full of complete retards nowadays. Having a brain aneurism over flash filling, which, mind you, is likely the most popular way to fill anywhere. Oh, but why stop there, lets completely make jerks out of ourselves and whine about something else. Oh my god guys, Squid made a post that didn't have a point! Dear god, let's reply with a post that also has no point, but has a whiny tone! Good plan.

Everyone takes this crap so seriously, and for the most don't know what they are talking about either.

Check this out, im not unchecking the sig box this time either. What the hell do you care anyways? Does it pain you oh so much to scroll for roughly .3 seconds longer?

Good god.

Now that once again I have spoken common sense (which im sure will be discarded because who dare admit when they are being retarded) I will get this back on topic. Don't worry about the tank. Every tank I have ever owned has gotten stained like that. If you guys had any idea on what you are talking about you would realize it's not a safety issue.

- Goro

PRPB
11-28-2004, 06:51 PM
did anyone borrow it for a game or two? or did you have anything like a sweatband that might allow paint to form like that? i would try a damp towel with a little soap. but definitly give them a ring as well

I'm not sure if anyone that borrowed it put anything on it. I'm guessing the sock hat I put it in went I'm done playing is what caused it. :tard:

Glickman
11-28-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if anyone that borrowed it put anything on it. I'm guessing the sock hat I put it in went I'm done playing is what caused it. :tard:

rack one up for primetime glick with martin short!

paint probably just ran off a splatter and "molded" to the edhe

frop
11-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Care must be taken to fill the cylinder at a rate so the cylinder temperature does not become too hot to hold in your bare hand (140°F or above).

Notice the important part. I personally have never experience or even heard of such an occurrence. Thus comes the argument for the 'safety' of 'flash filling'.