PDA

View Full Version : Another tourny with my EMag

Whisky
10-17-2001, 01:20 PM
Ok my first review about my EMag was a little bad cause every thing went wrong with it, but i got everything fixed, i drained the battery twice now i got more 10 000 shots out of it instead of 2000. No more stock barrel that slices like a vego matic, i use my freak on it, and i have to say that i do love that gun real bad. When i got the angel and changed it for an Emag i firts tought i was doing right but with all the trouble i had i then tought i did bad, and now that everything is fixed no other markers worth half of my Emag. I did a tourny with it last week end and that made me like my marker even more. Thanks AGD. I am not looking for another marker anymore. Even my friends with super tricked Angel are always looking for something else, well i don`t.

AGD
10-17-2001, 03:15 PM
What kind of problems did you have?

AGD

Whisky
10-18-2001, 01:00 PM
With a full battery i could not get more than 2000 shots out of it, actually the first 2 times i got 600 shots with it before the battery died, than i was slicing balls like crazy, but i was playing with the stock barrel cause i could play really tight with it, but the muzzle break is so sharp that it slices the balls. Than i had to play on manual mode, well it wouldn`t fire half of the time, like if the rod was too short. I didn`t have to change the lenght of the rod i just tried to take the sear out and i saw it was a bit complicated so i push it back in place and every thing was all right, for the battery i drained it slowly with a lamp and now i got more than 10 000 shots. For the barrel well, i just changed it.

AGD
10-18-2001, 09:44 PM
Humm, try unscrewing your muzzle brake and see if that fixes it.

AGD

Russ
10-19-2001, 07:07 AM
My stock barrel broke paint just as it exited the barrel. My barrel measured .691", except right at the end, at the muzzle brake, where it measured .687"

The muzzle brake didn't fit flush with the end of the barrel i.e. there was a little gap. The threads in the brake "swaged" the tip of the barrel inward because the threads in the brake don't go all the way to the bottom of the counterbore in the brake. The brake also sat a bit crooked.

What I Did...
I removed the muzzle brake (I heated it to soften the red loc-tite) Then I removed about .015" (1/64") from the end of the barrel. Next I slightly chamfered the barrel tip's inside and outside diameters. Now a .691" gauge pin slides all the way through the barrel. Finally I finished it off by putting a drop of red loc-tite back on the threads, and screwed the muzzle brake back in place.

The barrel shoots real good now :D

AGD: check that the brake screws down flush to the barrel, with no resistance, before you tighten the muzzle brake. Either shorten the threaded portion of the barrel, deepen the threaded portion of the counterbore on the muzzle brake, or perhaps just chamfering the threads on the barrel tip would solve the problem.