PDA

View Full Version : victory board?

$tevo
07-14-2004, 12:00 AM
i have a halo b right now, and im wondering about the victory boards? worth the upgrade? what exactly does it do?

Skoad
07-14-2004, 12:11 AM
makes it go faster.

get it if you need your hopper to feed faster.

GotMag?
07-14-2004, 12:18 AM
it makes it go fast, 32bps? am i worng guys? it also allows you to select different feed rates the lowest is 17 i know for sure, up to either 32 or 33

$tevo
07-14-2004, 12:18 AM
a stock halo does what? 22?
how much faster is the victory board

magman007
07-14-2004, 12:30 AM
its the v.35 board... 35 bps baby

LeatherPants
07-14-2004, 01:01 AM
I've got 3 Halo. 2 of them with the V35. Honestly no one really needs it. The spring tension is already there for snap shooting the board won't affect that. It is faster you can just look at a Z and a V35 side by side and see a huge differnce.

If you can believe it there are faster boards. The "Angry 86" board is the fastest that I know of followed by the Z95. The 86 tends to break cones alot though.

elpimpo
07-14-2004, 01:33 AM
holly shizzel i didnt know there was anything faster than the v35

magman007
07-14-2004, 03:21 AM
say, where do you find these other boards??

xXHavokXx
07-14-2004, 03:36 AM
the V35 will bring the bounce out in alot of guns. A regular HALO or Evo with Zboard my dm4 doesnt bounce at all. As soon as you put a v35 halo on it it does.

Skoad
07-14-2004, 07:21 AM
doesn't make mine bounce :)

Halliday
07-14-2004, 09:20 AM
the V35 will bring the bounce out in alot of guns. A regular HALO or Evo with Zboard my dm4 doesnt bounce at all. As soon as you put a v35 halo on it it does.
How does it bring the bounce out? Wouldn't the marker bounce the same if it was topped by a Rev, Egg or Halo? Or do you mean that the marker bounces the same, but with the faster board it now has a ball in the breech all those times?

elpimpo
07-14-2004, 03:53 PM
in think he meens that now when it bounces theres a ball in the breach so the eyes allow it to fire

-=Squid=-
07-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Ok... enough with the bounce... I wanna hear about this angry 86 board! :eek:

tony3
07-14-2004, 04:01 PM
I needed a new board for my halo, a zcode was 30, so I just bought a v35 for 7 bucks more from someone on the forums. I'm leaving mine on the 3rd setting, something like 22 bps? The highest setting wastes your batteries so fast its crazy.

SlartyBartFast
07-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Ok... enough with the bounce... I wanna hear about this angry 86 board! :eek:

I want to see any of them tested by WARPIG. The q loader was claimimg something stupid like 66bps based on time to empty. Real-world testing proved it only fed reliably to about 22bps.

The Halo's limiting factor is undoubtably how much spring tension is built up between fired rounds. It's that tension than chambers the next ball to fire.

Without real-world firing simulation testing all numbers are pure over inflated conjecture. :rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
07-14-2004, 04:48 PM
I want to see any of them tested by WARPIG. The q loader was claimimg something stupid like 66bps based on time to empty. Real-world testing proved it only fed reliably to about 22bps.

The Halo's limiting factor is undoubtably how much spring tension is built up between fired rounds. It's that tension than chambers the next ball to fire.

Without real-world firing simulation testing all numbers are pure over inflated conjecture. :rolleyes:
But the point is that its an "upgrade" that I Can spend my money on. Der. ;)

SlartyBartFast
07-14-2004, 04:52 PM
But the point is that its an "upgrade" that I Can spend my money on. Der. ;)

Paintballers >> kid racers
Can spend money >> must be good
Spent more money than you >> must be better than you
Hype and show, no substance. :p

An epileptic, hyped up on sugar, watching on of those Japanese anime sequences with the flashing screen couldn't hit the trigger pull numbers some paintballers have deluded themselves into thinking possible.

BPS > the 'P' is silent. :rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
07-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Paintballers >> kid racers
Can spend money >> must be good
Spent more money than you >> must be better than you
Hype and show, no substance. :p

An epileptic, hyped up on sugar, watching on of those Japanese anime sequences with the flashing screen couldn't hit the trigger pull numbers some paintballers have deluded themselves into thinking possible.

BPS > the 'P' is silent. :rolleyes:
Uhh... No.

-=Squid=-
07-14-2004, 04:55 PM
As for the qloader... have you not seen the videos of it reliably feeding 31 bps with no chops (and no eyes on the guns...)

Curly
07-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Did you guys know that gullible isnt in the dictionary?

SlartyBartFast
07-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Uhh... No.

Bouncing, sweet-spotting, and firing modes are not pulling the trigger.

Unless you have illegal equipment these mod boards are worthless to you. ;)

SlartyBartFast
07-14-2004, 05:02 PM
As for the qloader... have you not seen the videos of it reliably feeding 31 bps with no chops (and no eyes on the guns...)

Actually no. Which gun was used? Warpig used a Matrix with 8ms forward time.

I will fault WARPIG for not having a standard test setup so that all loaders could be tested in EXACTLY the same way.

-=Squid=-
07-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Actually no. Which gun was used? Warpig used a Matrix with 8ms forward time.

I will fault WARPIG for not having a standard test setup so that all loaders could be tested in EXACTLY the same way.
Look here on AO... Zman and Steelrat did it with a viking and an Xmag.

Skoad
07-14-2004, 05:26 PM
intellifeeding a halo is supposed to help it go faster. Doesn't have to look for paint.

Since im the king of paintball videos ;) here are some! I think these are pre-victory board.

http://web.umr.edu/~sjjgfd/mt.wmv

and

http://www.angelservicecenter.com/video.htm

GoatBoy
07-14-2004, 06:12 PM

I don't know much about the spring tension, but what do you think about the sort rate on a Halo? I tend to think that's the true limiting factor.

"Real-world" testing wouldn't involve bounce/full auto. Actual paint firing tests have the q-loader clocked at around 30bps though; if you want to talk about spring tension, the q-loader's spring tension is adjustable. Warpig probably tested the pods with factory windings. Why wind them up at the factory for anything faster than 22 (at the risk of being harder on paint) if nobody will shoot that fast in "real world" settings?

I agree though, the 35bps claim on a Halo is 100% unsubstantiated. Many other claims get questioned, but for some reason the 35bps claim for the Victory board was more or less swallowed, hook line and sinker, by the fan club.

LeatherPants
07-15-2004, 01:49 AM
I've been trying to get some of the enhanced boards myself but in all honesty you don't need them. The "Angry 86" board is a sponsored team's board so is the Z95. Hard to come by. I'm still trying to hustle for one.

Problem is the the cones do break more since there is more speed and pressure on it from the faster boards.

SlartyBartFast
07-15-2004, 10:56 AM
I don't know much about the spring tension, but what do you think about the sort rate on a Halo? I tend to think that's the true limiting factor.

The "sort rate" will limit how many balls you can fire in a string at the maximum feed rate.

So, with a halo the maximum rate is sustainable as long as the feed mechanism can keep putting another ball "in line" and under pressure. But I'm certain the mechanics of the loading are a combination of the spring force when starting and a mix of spring-force built up since the last shot and force due to wheel slippage while firing strings.

With the q-loader, you should be able to maintain the maximum rate of fire until the hopper is empty. And I agree that the WARPIG tests could be much better. The q-loader should have been tested with different pre-winds.

However, the initial claims were from the factory and it was test AS DELIVERED from the factory. So the test and comparison between claimed and tested numbers is fair.

Adding more pre-winds may let you get 30bps+ but that's not what is said by marketing and the marketing claims are NOT for real world firing but useless hopper emptying tests.

billmi
07-15-2004, 03:47 PM

The first test stand from the "loader lineup" article can't go fast enough - it doesn't cycle over 18 bps, if memory serves - hence the new rig using the Matrix - I can cycle that bolt over 30 cps by driving the Matrix electronically. And my plan was (as I'm about to do another loader line-up article) to use that as the new standard stand for testing.

In pre-test testing (i.e. checking out performance, making sure it's set up for a proper, fair even test) I've realized there are a number of issues that will affect things - for example bolt speed will effect how long the breech can be open to accept a ball between shots. So - I'm prepping to spend a lot more time testing - using multiple paintguns - all fired with the pneumatic finger - which is adjustable from 10 to 24 cycles per second in 1 cps increments (it used to be programmed for 2 cps increments, I recallibrated and reprogrammed it today.) Incedentally If you're saying 24 cps isn't fast enough for the test - on the Matrix, no feed system I've tried can keep up for a 10 shot string at that speed. I've re-worked the catch box so the ball can be shot in there and counted (the gun doesn't need to be modified for testing to keep from emitting a gas burst,) and an electronic detector signals a waveform recorder, to verify ROF. I expect this to be even better representation of "real world" situations, because it's the real gun, real timing values, just no barrel, and it's shooting it into a padded box.

SlartyBartFast
07-15-2004, 03:54 PM
That's really cool Bill. Good for you.

I think that the best thing to do would be test all the hoppers on one setup to determine fastest hopper. Forget 'real gun' and just use a ram actuated bolt working at a high pressure to get the longest open time and shortest cycle time possible. That way the only limitation is hopper feed.

The cps just lower than the cps that creates a broken ball is the max feed rate.

Then, you test various guns with the fastest hopper to determine fastest gun.

But, gun testing is going to be difficult. There are so many different ways to set them up.

How about a tour of the various events and gather data from any guns that people want tested?

xXHavokXx
07-15-2004, 04:25 PM
How does it bring the bounce out? Wouldn't the marker bounce the same if it was topped by a Rev, Egg or Halo? Or do you mean that the marker bounces the same, but with the faster board it now has a ball in the breech all those times?

Sorry for the vaugeness in my post. With the v35 on my DM4 the gun seems to bounce more as the HALO actually chambers a ball in the period in which the dirty signal is aquired. If you do a slow pull on my triggerwitht he revvy or evo it's one shot one pull. With the halo it can multiply uo to 5 so far.

FragTek
07-15-2004, 04:51 PM
i have a halo b right now, and im wondering about the victory boards? worth the upgrade? what exactly does it do?

The Vicotry board was doom for my Halo... I highly suggest NOT getting this unless you absolutely HAVE to shoot above ~23bps. Otherwise, prepare to change your batteries after every 5 or 6 hours on the field.

I ended up just dumping my entire Halo and going back to a trusty 'ol Egg 2 w/ Z-Board however I'm wishing right now for testing purposes I had my v.35 to test out my ;borg runnin at 28bps.