PDA

View Full Version : Classic systems (Atari, NES, SNES, SEGA)

paintballrulzs
07-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I have been slowly getting back into the classic systems. I purchased an nes with a ton of games off ebay for cheap and now am going to be getting a sega genesis with a bunch of games. I was wondering what systems you guys still play and what games I should look for for nes and sega genesis.

The Action Figure
07-14-2004, 09:52 AM
sonic the hedgehog and earthworm jim for the sega my first system when I was like 5

kevdupuis
07-14-2004, 10:01 AM
I still have an old Nintendo 64 sitting in my basement, must remember to see if it still works.
I have a bunch of games for it, I have to look them up but I do know I have The Legend of Zelda, R/C Pro am and Tengen.

ShooterJM
07-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Super Dodge Ball for the NES....oooh and battletoads!

I have an NES, Sega, and Dreamcast all hooked up and running! :D

tony3
07-14-2004, 10:42 AM
I have a nes and snes emulator on my computer :D On my brothers computer he hooked up the controller port for snes so he can use snes controllers and play on his computer. It rocks. I also do have a nes and a crap load of games, same with snes and n64.

RoadDawg
07-14-2004, 11:01 AM
This is what I own and sometimes play *except playstation 1/2 games*

NES- RC Pro Am, Double Dribble, Blades of Steel, and Super Mario 3
SNES- Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart, Pitfall
N64- Conker's Bad Fur Day (best game), WWF No Mercy, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, WCW Revenge
PS1- Smackdown 2: know your role, NHL 96, Twisted Metal
PS2- *stolen* :cry: Still have Nascar 2001, NHL 2001, Simpson's Road Rage, Unreal Tournament, Tekken Tag Team (very fun and cool game), a few others.

Jack_Dubious
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Ive got my Atari 2600, but i havent plugged it in, in almost 20 years!!

JDub

RoadDawg
07-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Last time I visited my parents we plugged the Atari 2600 in and it still works. Pong, pitfall and missle command haven't been so fun since.

gamarada717
07-14-2004, 11:15 AM
I still play my SNES often. I have around 20 games for it....was my first system, and I think it's the best out of all of the Nintendo systems.

Mindflux
07-14-2004, 11:18 AM
This is what I own and sometimes play *except playstation 1/2 games*

NES- RC Pro Am, Double Dribble, Blades of Steel, and Super Mario 3

Mario 3 was a SNES title.

RoadDawg
07-14-2004, 11:22 AM
uhh.. I'm pretty sure it was a NES title (looking at the game as we speak). Mario All Stars and Mario World I believe were the SNES titles (All the original NES versions were in all stars as well). Mario 64 was a 64 title.

SlartyBartFast
07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
My ColecoVision is still perfectly functional. :D

FutureMagOwner
07-14-2004, 11:26 AM
lets see for nes:

contra
Super Mario (and supermario 3 was NES definantly)
megaman series
final fantasy one
battle toads
ummmmm

i cant remember now i need to go in my room and look at them all i have like a hundred nes games, and like 20 sega games, and load of n64 games

BobTheCow
07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
uhh.. I'm pretty sure it was a NES title (looking at the game as we speak). Mario All Stars and Mario World I believe were the SNES titles (All the original NES versions were in all stars as well). Mario 64 was a 64 title.Absolutely correct.

My N64 is my most modern system. It's a toss up between that and the SNES for which one gets the most use... occasionally I'll play my NES or Sega Genesis, too. :) I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I have a completely functioning NES, nobody else that I know of around here can say that.

vf-xx
07-14-2004, 11:49 AM
We still have an Atari 800. We have a bunch of games for it, but I think my fav is either Miner 2049er or Q-Bert.

For SEGA Genisis: Any of the strike series: Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Uban Strike....

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-14-2004, 11:59 AM
i still play the old like 1984 atari with pong and like bomb drop

Head knight of Ni
07-14-2004, 12:08 PM
well I have:
N64 - Conker's Bad Fur Day (best game ever)

SNES - too many games. The best ones are: super mario allstars (contains all
the NES titles. SMB 1, SMB2/Dokki Dokki panic,SMB 3,
SMB the lost levels/ the real SMB 2.
Ken Griffey baseball, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, any
of the donkey kongs, Super Mario world, and Paper Boy.

those are the best of about thirty titles I have. :clap:

PS- If you see Conker's pick it up some people might pay alot for it. :cheers:

Head knight of Ni
07-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Jungle Strike

I have that for the SNES if anyone's interested PM me. I didn't like it pretty difficult. :ninja:

BobTheCow
07-14-2004, 12:24 PM
For SEGA Genisis: Any of the strike series: Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Uban Strike....YES!! I've got Jungle Strike, and I think I might have Desert Strike, too... that just reminded me, I have the Sega Nomad, like the Sega version of a Gameboy, and I used to play those allllll the time on it... :headbang:

SlipknotX556
07-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Get turbo graphics, awesome system. You only need one game for it, thats Bonk.

gibby
07-14-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm a big fan of the classic consoles...but if you're looking for some great Genesis games, here are a few that stood out for me:

Flashback
Landstalker
Gunstar Heros
Phantasy Star 2
Road Rash

I'm sure I can name a few more but I can't seem to remember...doh! :tard:

magman007
07-14-2004, 12:33 PM
despite being as big as a brick, the sega nomad PWND the game boy at the time. great handheld right there

logamus
07-14-2004, 12:59 PM
anyone have that orginal sega system? i remember we got it because the store was sold out of nes at the time. we had an f-16 game that was uber hard.

gibby
07-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Yeah, my favorite game on the Master System is hands down Phantasy Star...Not to mention another game called Zillion which was pretty good. Kind of reminded me of Metroid(in a way).

UltimatePaintballer
07-14-2004, 01:09 PM
here is what i got and play often

SNES: Mario Kart, Super Mario World or w/e is the one with all the games, Donkey Kong 2 & 3

N64: Mario Kart, Mario Party 2 & 3

GBA: Mario Golf, Super Mario World

PS2: Tiger Woods 04, NCAA Football 04 and 05, Madden 04
^i potally twned at this game and will kick anyones but online if they wanna play

47 at St. Andrews for TW04

i had another gba with tons o games but lost it :cry: just like my friends revy and my reloader

skife
07-14-2004, 01:10 PM
I've got a top loader NES (w00t w00t)
i play the orginal legend of zelda, tetris, Dr mario(nobody's beat me) i had this thing with bomberman for a while but it ended quick.

fire1811
07-14-2004, 01:57 PM
i still bust out the the Atari every now and again.

usually play Pitfall when i have it out or tank too

for nes The legend of zelda the one with the gold case is my all time favorite game i think
that game was awesome.

paintballrulzs
07-14-2004, 02:31 PM
NES - mario, mario 3, contra, tiny toons, dr mario, yo noid (i doubt ne one has ever played it), spike v- vollyball (just played it and clash ball with my buddy for like an hr)

Sega - Battletoads double dragon, sonic - all of them, contra hard corps, NBA JAM tournament Edition, mega bomberman and some wicked cool pinball game i have to find and buy when I get my new sega.

I dont ever play ps2 anymore except socom 2. None of the new games can keep my attention for ne legnth of time.

Deep Sixx
07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
My sister's got an Atari 2600 and a box of games in her basement, but all the connection cables (power and RF) are missing. She picked it up at a garage sale for like $5. Gotta find those cables.

Somewhere here there is an NES and SNES. I also still play my N64... Zelda is the best game. I sold my PS2 'cause the games weren't as good. Old school video games rock!

sixx

fire1811
07-14-2004, 02:49 PM
ebay is where you need to go
they have tons of stuff

hell i picked up another UNOPENED copy of "pitfall" the other day for $6

BobTheCow
07-14-2004, 03:10 PM
I've got a top loader NES (w00t w00t)What the hell?!? Please, explain!! :hail:

fire1811
07-14-2004, 03:11 PM
that was there i quess version 2 nes
it was supposed to help with the dust problem and better conection with games

i will try and find a link

fire1811
07-14-2004, 03:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8117842485&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

there you be

gibby
07-14-2004, 03:14 PM
What the hell?!? Please, explain!! :hail:
Could also be the import version of the NES called Famicom? I believe that was top loaded.

Bit-o-Fact: Did you know that the Playstation 1 was supposed to be the CD-ROM add-on for the SNES?

RedBeard
07-14-2004, 03:23 PM
If I remember correctly, the top loading nes came out shortly after the snes. It would make sense that they redesigned it to boost sales...On top of that, the controlers are similar to the snes as well.
On a side note, just picked up the MegaMan 15 Aniversery cd for game cube. It has megaman 1-8 on it....I love that game.

Ironmag
07-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I still have my NES with about 80-90 games and I play that every now and then. The only systems that I had and sold were the Sega Master System and the Atari. Never had a Genesis tho. I do have to say that if I want to play any games for NES, Game Boy, SNES and Genesis, all I have to do is pop in the Emulator Disc that I have for the Dreamcast. It an almost complete collection in those discs.

I also picked up the Mega Man Anniversary Edition, it is sweet.

Chris42050
07-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Ironman can you explain this emulator disc you have for the dreamcast?

Kai
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
MARBLE MADNESS FOR NES.

Oh. Screw you Jet-Xino. Marble Madness is cool.

Sooky
07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I third the Phantasy Star suggestions. Phantasy Star IV especially.

RoadDawg
07-14-2004, 07:16 PM
What the hell?!? Please, explain!! :hail:
I remember seeing the top loading versions. They were kind of like a 2nd Edition of the NES. I forgot to mention a couple other favorites on my n64. Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64. I play those when I'm not playing Conkers. Can't wait for the new Conker game to release on Xbox. One reason I might pick up a Xbox over another ps2.

Miscue
07-14-2004, 08:49 PM
IntellivisionII - Baseball, Football, Pitfall, etc.
Commodore64/128 - so many... Karate-ka, Pole Position, Archeon, Bruce Lee, Karate Champ, FireFox...
NES - Zelda 1/2, River City Ransom, Contra, Super Contra, SMB 1-3, Ninja Turtles Arcade, Super Spike V-Ball, Off Road, Rad Racer, Metal Gear, Punch-Out, Blades of Steel, Baseball Simulator 2000, John Elway's Quarterback, Metroid, ExciteBike, Duck Hunt, Super Dodge Ball...
SNES - Zelda 3, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy II/III, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 (Super Famicom), DragonBall, Contra III, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, NBA Jam, Street Fighter II/Turbo, etc.
N64 - I didn't like this console too much. Zelda - Ocarina was ok. MarioKart64 was ok. Super Smash Brothers

Anyone remember the floppy drive that hooked to super famicom and let you copy roms? :p

Dang I've played a lot of video games... and this is the short list, just stuff I liked... and only up to when I was about 16.

BobTheCow
07-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Definitely agree with you guys on the N64 games, Goldeneye, Mariokart, and Super Smash Brothers were all great. Although, I think the *best* Mariokart was on SNES, that thing is so fun!!

Miscue
07-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Definitely agree with you guys on the N64 games, Goldeneye, Mariokart, and Super Smash Brothers were all great. Although, I think the *best* Mariokart was on SNES, that thing is so fun!!

I concur!

tony3
07-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I've got a top loader NES (w00t w00t)
i play the orginal legend of zelda, tetris, Dr mario(nobody's beat me) i had this thing with bomberman for a while but it ended quick.

Yeah, we had a normal side loader nes but it broke, and we bought a top loader one, some of the games can be pretty hard to get out of it.

gibby
07-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Anyone remember the floppy drive that hooked to super famicom and let you copy roms? :p

Hehe! I still have mine and works for the Genesis too! It's called MGH(Multi-Game Hunter). ;)

Flamebo
07-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Mario 3 was a SNES title.

It's definitely an NES title.

Ironmag
07-15-2004, 02:12 AM
Ironman can you explain this emulator disc you have for the dreamcast?

I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but there is something about the Dreamcast that made it possible to run home-brew programs. One such program was emulator programs slightly modified to run in the Dreamcast environment. It may have to do with the Windows CE compatability that the Dreamcast has. Anyways, how it works is that I load the disc just like any regular game and boot up the DC and it loads up a menu of the games that I can select to play and that's pretty much it. DC Emulation website (http://www.dcemulation.com/) this site has some more info about it if you are interested.

Ginjiroku
07-15-2004, 02:14 AM
I love Atari. I have a 7800 and my friend has a 2600. I love my 7800. The games are great and it can also play all the great 2600 games.

FutureMagOwner
07-15-2004, 08:58 AM
uh yeah, my nes still works sorta, for a while i had it masted with the punching the nes, then blowing into the game and the system, and pushing the cartridges in in certain ways, etc. but now i kinda suck at that, and megaman for that matter (seriously i suck at megaman and i used to pwn in that game) dont suppose anyone knows how to fix it?

also forgot to mention and havent seen it in this thread, CASTLEVANIA!!!!11 lol i loved that game, and the flash game for it when you fight the nun and jesus is hilarious lol

fire1811
07-15-2004, 09:51 AM
i think its a proven NES fact that if you blow the cartridge from right to left it will work better then the same blow but left to right. :)

desslock
07-15-2004, 10:23 AM
since we are on the subject of game systems, Im selling 1st gen ps1 never had an overheating problem used to play many hours w/system on carpet. The ps is moded w/chip can play import titles as well as burned games. including 1 dual analog, not shock. 1 stck grey controller. 1 white controller 1 black controller. multi tap. 2 sony mem cards and an aftermarket card that has some insane amount of memory one of those cards that u push a little button to change pages. Have rival schools(import) tekken 3(import) a wrestling game cant remember title(import) and tenchu(import) I think I have some other stuff for the ps1 laying around Im at work right now so if ur interested LMK.

Ironmag
07-15-2004, 02:53 PM
uh yeah, my nes still works sorta, for a while i had it masted with the punching the nes, then blowing into the game and the system, and pushing the cartridges in in certain ways, etc. but now i kinda suck at that, and megaman for that matter (seriously i suck at megaman and i used to pwn in that game) dont suppose anyone knows how to fix it?

Check this out (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41046&item=8118073138&rd=1) This is usually the fix for the NES when problems occur

SoccerPaintball3
07-15-2004, 04:26 PM
i have a bunch of sega genisis games somewhere in my closet, because me saga quit working last year. if you want to buy any PM me.

trains are bad
07-15-2004, 06:01 PM
I play SNES for FFIII and chrono trigger, and Zelda: Link to the past.

PPl are already starting to call the ps1 old school. At any rate it has to be my favorite with Metal gear solid, Xenogears, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final fantasy Tactics and VII, along with the suikodens.

The ps2's finest games would be ICO, Silent hill2, Shadow hearts, Devil may cry 1, the gta games, And anything produced by Kojima including Metal Gear Solid 2 and ZOE 1&2.

So many garbage games out there.

cheetah256
07-16-2004, 08:14 PM
i love my old school systems.

i managed to get my toploader NES (http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/patrick256/room/nes/) for $10, with only one controller though. i'm severely dissapointed that gamestop as a corporation quit carrying anything other than GC, PS2, and XB games now. i used to go there all the time and pick up stuff for my DC, NES, SNES.

as for the dreamcast stuff you guys were wondering about, boob! (http://boob.co.uk/) is a great site for info on that. there's even a distro of redhat that runs on the DC with the keyboard : )

*edit*
oh, and those of you with nomads, hang on to them. look how much they sell for on ebay! i unfortunately gave mine away years ago.

UltimatePaintballer
07-16-2004, 08:51 PM
mario kart for SNES is so cool but the coins in it are useless, so stupid!

mario kart for n64 is awesome in multiplayer and mario party is such a great game.

anyone ever play turtles in time? that was the coolest game i have ever played.

oh yea and mario tennis for the Ng4 is a must play too. hella tight game

BobTheCow
07-16-2004, 11:33 PM
mario kart for n64 is awesome in multiplayer and mario party is such a great game.YES!!!!!!1 YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!1 I have it for SNES... damn, what an aaaaaaawesome game... :dance:

sgt_easton
07-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't call SNES a classic system. No way. Classic in my opinion would be pre-NES.

I too had an Atari 2600, and I think I had a 7800 as well. Those joysticks hurt your thumb muscles! Speaking of which, I saw an Atari joystick at Wal-Mart the other day. It had like 10 Atari games in it, and it had wires to connect to your TV. Kinda funny how much technology shrinks.

Missile Command, Defender, Combat (my all-time favorite) and Asteroids. There were probably some others.

NES history? Let's see if some of you kids know what I'm talking about:
The grey NES gun
The Powerpad
When Mario 3 came out, it was the biggest event EVER!!!
Contra. Nothing I can say will do this game justice.

http://www.classicgaming.nl/images/mariobros/rob2.jpg
Anyone remember this?

gibby
07-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Don't forget the power glove too. :p

I also have a few Nintendo Game & Watches too! ;)

RoadDawg
07-18-2004, 03:06 AM
I wouldn't call SNES a classic system. No way. Classic in my opinion would be pre-NES.

I too had an Atari 2600, and I think I had a 7800 as well. Those joysticks hurt your thumb muscles! Speaking of which, I saw an Atari joystick at Wal-Mart the other day. It had like 10 Atari games in it, and it had wires to connect to your TV. Kinda funny how much technology shrinks.

Missile Command, Defender, Combat (my all-time favorite) and Asteroids. There were probably some others.

NES history? Let's see if some of you kids know what I'm talking about:
The grey NES gun
The Powerpad
When Mario 3 came out, it was the biggest event EVER!!!
Contra. Nothing I can say will do this game justice.

Anyone remember this?

I was special and had a bright orange and grey gun. Another thing that was special I had the original Mario Bros, Duck Hunt & Track and Field on one cartridge. I quickly learned how to cheat on the power pad. Nothing like getting 29 ft jumps on the triple jump.