PDA

View Full Version : Karta Mainbody

MusKa
07-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Ok for those who have seen the karta mainbody on airgun.com it rox!! :headbang:
but what is up with the price ($300) and no feedneck or ball detent is included!! :eek: :confused: Lastly u have to pay an extra $50 to get it anodized !! :cuss:

what are they thinkin that kids like me have a money tree in their back yard.

TeamNausea
07-14-2004, 12:42 PM
ehh lol go directly through nicad it'll save you a few and oh yeah everyone else has to live with the prices and dosent complain so i wouldnt mind if you stopped the complaining also

Dayspring
07-14-2004, 12:44 PM
You realize that it's quite a bit more complex to mill the karta instead of the mag tube body right?

You know what the difference is between an Emag and Xmag? A $600 body.

And have you ever sent anything to be anodized before? If not, then the $50 is a good price, especially for one-off runs.

jayloo
07-14-2004, 01:15 PM
I feel the price is completely reasonable. I bouth Karta #4 myself

Blennidae
07-14-2004, 01:32 PM
It says right on the page "Kit Includeds Dual Detents, Rail Bushing, Mainbody Washer & Clip." So you do get detents. Basically add the feedneck of your choice to your mag parts and have at it.

I liked it so much I bought Karta #28 and had it milled for ACE too. :D

Target Practice
07-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Karta #17 here. It comes down to whether or not you want to spend the extra money for your marker to look that much more awesome. It's kinda like putting a sweet sound system in your hot rod. It doesn't make it go any faster or handle better, but It just makes it that much cooler.

Fred
07-14-2004, 01:46 PM
I actually think the price is reasonable, I'm just waiting for the warp version... and who knows when that will come out... the Warp Slug body has to come first.

when the hAir hits the market I might just cave and get a vert feed...

---Fred

professor_chaos
07-14-2004, 03:22 PM
check out www.whitewolfairsmithing.com he has some pretty good prices, if i remember right it is only 200 bucks for karta, dents, rail, and feedneck, and that price includes solid anno of your choice.

shadowfalcon78
07-14-2004, 03:49 PM
thats pretty darn cheap, and ule rail.

TeamNausea
07-14-2004, 03:59 PM
I thnk the anno is 25 extra for 1 solid color

jdev
07-14-2004, 04:22 PM
check out www.whitewolfairsmithing.com he has some pretty good prices, if i remember right it is only 200 bucks for karta, dents, rail, and feedneck, and that price includes solid anno of your choice.

whitewolf doesnt charge that for a karta body, thats the price breakdown if you buy a ULE RT with a Karta Body. It breaks down to being $200. trust me, I already asked him to sell me a karta for $200, its not the way it works.

Chronobreak
07-14-2004, 04:26 PM
yeah i kinda like the price staying hi b/c this is the only thing stopping everyone and there momma from owning one..ide like them to be somewhat rare still doesnt look like thats going to happen...atleast i got a custom one ;)

Beemer
07-14-2004, 04:32 PM
"what are they thinkin that kids like me have a money tree in their back yard"

Ever hear........"The difference between Men and boys is the price of their toys"

Try useing some plant food on that tree.

professor_chaos
07-14-2004, 05:10 PM
maricle grow should do the trick. But anywho that is still a good price on the karta if you plan on getting the rt custom, hopefully will be able to buy mine in a couple of months, and even for 25 bucks you can't hardly beat the price.

nicad
07-14-2004, 05:51 PM
AGD and my prices are the same for what you get... only differnce would be I include shipping.
They have stock, so they can ship instantly, where as I usually take a good week or two to get them out.. so its its a trade-off..

My anodizing is $25, AGD's is $50, but theirs will prolly match the AGD red and blue, etc perfectly...
My anodzing also takes at least a week extra...

so there ya have it.. more options! :)

MusKa
07-14-2004, 05:58 PM
sry dudes i was just suprised at first but then i thought about it and realized the price is not all that bad

but im still stickin with my ule but after i build a house or two and make some big ones ill probally pick one up too!! :D :headbang:

Empyreal Rogue
07-14-2004, 06:58 PM
I've always wanted to have a Karta but kind of reversed so that the barrel is coming out of the end that wraps around the Valve. Basically it would just be turned around. *shrugs*

I think that would look pretty awesome, personally.

cphilip
07-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Nicads bodies are worth every penny of it. And I might add you will not find a more polished smooth body to work with either. Absolutely baby butt smooth

TeamNausea
07-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I bet you offered it some candy it was so smooth didnt you unka?

cphilip
07-14-2004, 07:54 PM
I bet you offered it some candy it was so smooth didnt you unka?

I shoulda! :D

TeamNausea
07-14-2004, 07:55 PM
O come on unka you gotta stay on your game ALL the time ;) :D