PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag On/Off and X-Valve???

warbeak2099
07-14-2004, 01:03 PM
There's a vert e-frame coming out for automags that's being made by a small custom shop. It will use the same plunger system as an e-mag to activate the solenoid. It will basically have the same internals as an e-mag gripframe only with a smaller solenoid so it will fit in the vert frame. It will obviously have to use the e-mag sear as well. Now here's the problem. I can't use my ULT with this frame since the ULT messes up the rof on an e-mag right? So I'll have to sell my ULT and get an e-mag on/off. Will that on/off work in an x-valve? If not, will the RTP or Retro on/off work in an x-valve and with an e-mag sear? Thanks all!

Dayspring
07-14-2004, 01:52 PM
It depends on the rail you use.

Emag rail- .712
RT Pro Rail- .765
Classic Rail- .750

warbeak2099
07-14-2004, 09:28 PM
I have an Alpha classic rail. Will I be able to use this frame since it needs the e-mag sear then? If I still can use the e-mag sear in my classic rail, which on/off will I need to buy? I think I'm going to suggest they scrap the e-mag frame idea. Using a reverse solenoid spyder e-frame style setup would be easier and more versatile I think.

EDIT: Nm, I think I understand now. I'll need the RT/Retro .750 on/off assy with my classic rail. But will I still be able to use the e-mag sear in my classic rail?

Tunaman
07-14-2004, 10:39 PM
It depends on the rail you use.

Emag rail- .712
RT Pro Rail- .765
Classic Rail- .750
all New RT pro's now take .750 pins. ;)

Dayspring
07-14-2004, 11:40 PM
When did that happen?! Dammit. Tom's doing stuff without telling me again! ;)

Dayspring
07-14-2004, 11:42 PM
No. Your emag sear won't work in the Classic rail. The classic sear rides on a pin inside the rail. The Emag/RT Pro sears have one that screws into the rail.

EDIT: Nm, I think I understand now. I'll need the RT/Retro .750 on/off assy with my classic rail. But will I still be able to use the e-mag sear in my classic rail?

warbeak2099
07-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Nooo! I knew this wasn't going to go all peachy like it sounded. Everything has to be complicated! Grrr...