PDA

View Full Version : AGD Idea for a new marker along the right lines

booyah
10-17-2001, 03:50 PM
Here goes, I hate to seem, really i wouldnt presume to know anywhere near as well, to be telling someone how to do a job they have proven time and again they know how to do, but i had a great idea (in my mind) so here goes

New mini mag...

aluminum body, cocker threaded, vertical feed, or maybe the convertable style

new special valve, a valve designed to max at 12bps and minimize blowback, you were thinking along these lines a little while ago, i say up the max rof by 1 bps and go vert feed...

in the new valve, hears the kicker, only have the blowforward chamber, bolt and on off and an air chamber before the on off.

your saying, wait, what about a reg....

i heard you guys have a gentlemans agreement with Air America on regulator design, use something like this to your advantage to get a vigi or similar reg mounted up front for a foregrip, include the inteliframe, and sell a new minimag....

i think almost every one would want to buy a cocker threaded, foregriped, aluminum vertfeed mag that shouldnt chop.....

might be worth thinking about, it also includes room for something so many people want, something to customize, you can anno em, you can change the regs, you can mill it, and if you make the air resovoir and on off area out of aluminum then they could anno almost every piece of visible metal.....

just an idea i thought the comsumers would like, it would go along with several of the ideas i have heard expressed on what people would like to see the classic mag evolve into....

-Booyah

gimp
10-17-2001, 04:17 PM
I like the aluminum body, but I dont want cocker threaded or vertical feed. Dont know about that reg thing though

X-Plosive
10-17-2001, 04:30 PM
hmm I think that mini would cost somerwhere around $650. About the same price as an RT-Pro. If it was up to me to design a mini I would make them ALL either teflon black or chrome. Offer a limited run of vert feed and then add an intelliframe. Sell it for $400 or so with a stock tapered barrel and maybe some milling on the rail. Ofcourse I still believe that mini's should come with the "stock" SS valve.

AngelBoy
10-17-2001, 04:46 PM
I think it sounds awesome to me. If I was a mag person thats what id be lookin into to start out a mag with. I think the cocker threads are something that they really need, theres just more people that make barrels for cockers.

slayer
10-17-2001, 05:40 PM
sounds like some wild but very interesting mag. Kind of like a cocker idea without all the pneumatics and timing issues, but it better have a real sick trigger for the kind of bucks it would probably take to make that.