PDA

View Full Version : ULT Issue

Arctic
07-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I know there is already a large thread about the ULT but I haven't been answered and I can't find a solution to my ULT issue.

I have tried 2, 3, and 4 shims (.005) and can't seem to get it right they all make my bolt stick. Sometimes with 3 shims it works for a few more shots then it locks up again. I have to wait alittle bit or tap the back of my value then I can fire again. I have oiled up the ULT and the value and still nothing.

Does adding a difference size spring make a difference? Right now I have the shortest size in my marker.

If I put my basic on/off back the marker it fires fine. I'm not sure what the problem is. Plz help!

I have a RT Pro Custom with x-value and intelliframe

Using a 68/4500 PSI tank.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-14-2004, 06:37 PM
maybe is a problem with your level 10 carrier, always oil the monster up

Arctic
07-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Why no problem with the basic on/off but when I put in the ULT I have an issue?

Shirtlessfoo
07-14-2004, 07:43 PM
i have that exact same problem with mine it seems to be that the bolt isn't returning fully and so the sear doesn't fully reset, so i added another shim to the lvl 10... it seems to work but i also ran out of air so i'm not 100% sure... hope that helps :shooting:

Arctic
07-14-2004, 11:29 PM
i have that exact same problem with mine it seems to be that the bolt isn't returning fully and so the sear doesn't fully reset, so i added another shim to the lvl 10... it seems to work but i also ran out of air so i'm not 100% sure... hope that helps :shooting:

Shirtlessfoo, how many shims do you have in your ULT? I'll try adding another shim to the level 10 see if that helps.

Shirtlessfoo
07-15-2004, 05:20 AM
i think i have 5 right now and yeah i tried that all it did was make it too light (one pull= 5 shots or so) the problem that i found was that the bolt wasn't resetting fully next time it happens press on the bolt and see if it resets if it does add a shim or two to your level 10 and i think it will take care of your problem

Arctic
07-15-2004, 10:31 PM
I tried 2 shims and it worked better but it still sticks alittle. I tried another shim and if that doesn't work I'll try another carrier.

REDRT
07-15-2004, 11:44 PM
My bro had the same problem with his New RTpro. With his, he had the field strip screw too tight causing the bolt to sick. Also we have found taking the valve out and adding a few drops lube directly to the on/off before playing for the day helps it to be flawless. Hope this helps.

silentdeath55
07-16-2004, 08:38 AM
If you are running a classic valve, you're going to need all or most of the ULT shims, and 2-4 Level X shims. It takes a lot of shim to get the ULT working in a classic valve, but it will work. Good luck!

Arctic
07-17-2004, 01:12 PM
I have tried a slighty larger carrier and 4 x-value shims and it seems to stick alittle then suddenly it just gets stuck and it won't fire again.

I have tried a lot of lube on both the x-value and the ULT and still nothing.

Going to try more shims in the ULT next...

Arctic
07-17-2004, 01:17 PM
I have tried a slighty larger carrier and 4 x-value shims and it seems to stick alittle then suddenly it just gets stuck and it won't fire again.

I have tried a lot of lube on both the x-value and the ULT and still nothing.

Going to try more shims in the ULT next...

Ok, I tried 5 ULT shims in my ULT it seems to be firing decent and suddenly I'm getting barrel leak...sigh

Trying back to my original carrier...

Arctic
07-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Ok, I tried 5 ULT shims in my ULT it seems to be firing decent and suddenly I'm getting barrel leak...sigh

Trying back to my original carrier...

Ok...I tired a good 40 dry shots out of it and boom it sticks hard again...plz help.

silentdeath55
07-17-2004, 05:45 PM
I just took my ULT out of my valve. I had (I think) 5 ULT shims and 2 or 3 Level X shims. Try more shims.

CaliMagFan
07-18-2004, 09:38 AM
your guys' answer is in the link in my sig... like the guy before me stated, it is the field strip screw, and nothing to do with the shims in your LX.... go back to a neutral lvl X setup and work with the field strip screw.... good luck

-kyro

Shirtlessfoo
07-18-2004, 09:52 AM
yeah its definately the field strip screw if it is in too tight the valve is off center and the bolt sticks i'd recamend tightening it the whole way and backing it off like a half a turn or so maybe more, but i did that yesterday and didn't have the problem at all... good luck :shooting:

Arctic
07-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Well I took out my ULT and tried just with the basic on/off assembly. I didn't tighten my field strip screw all the way. I gased it up and I was able to fire with no bolt stick. As soon as I re-added the ULT I have the same bolt stick problem. Seems like my ULT is the cause of all my grief. The way it is now I feel like I've wasted 50 bucks.

I took out my x-value and when I manually move the bolt back and forth on the power tube assembly it seems tight. Shouldn't it slide easy? Even with a good amount of oil it doesn't seem loose. Like something is off-center or something...