PDA

View Full Version : what is so special about the warp

wombo102
07-14-2004, 08:54 PM
i mean why is the warp so special. i know it gets the hopper off the top of the gun but does it do anything else. it is not like it can make it load faster because it isnt going to load faster than the hopper on it. so can any one tell me what is so great about it.

Head knight of Ni
07-14-2004, 08:58 PM
It does load faster for a few shots at an extreme angle but at level it'll feed faster and it started the force feed craze. also you can tilt it at some interesting angles. The warp is nice if you are comfortable with it but I can't tell you all about it other than its a qaulity product for the unconventional.

Potatoboy
07-14-2004, 08:59 PM
who says it can't feed faster than the hopper?

With a fully filled warp, you will shoot at least 6 balls before the hopper has to do anything.

At that point the hopper doesn't even matter.

The warp will feed at 20+, and since it can feed balls in from the hopper constantly, even the miniscule time inbetween shots, then it helps play catch up for your hopper.

Havoc_online
07-14-2004, 09:03 PM
plus when you use the warp you get to hear cool comments after the games like "I thought you were just looking at me then WHACK!....."

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

minimag03
07-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Some people get it because they already have everything else for there marker and it is another upgrade.

minimag03

wombo102
07-14-2004, 09:09 PM
but how can it feed faster than the hopper. i mean if the hopper feeds, idk, lets say 13 bps then how can the warp make it feed 20. it doesnt make sence

Potatoboy
07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
the warp doesn't make your hopper feed any faster.

the warp feeds faster itself.

Head knight of Ni
07-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Elves :tard: :ninja:

68magOwner
07-14-2004, 09:29 PM
but how can it feed faster than the hopper. i mean if the hopper feeds, idk, lets say 13 bps then how can the warp make it feed 20. it doesnt make sence

ok, put on a vl200, now prime the warp, take off the hopper, the warp will feed ~6 balls at 20+ bps, with nothing on top because there are balls in the warp itself, so, no matter what hopper is on there, it can still feed 20bps in bursts

wombo102
07-14-2004, 09:33 PM
oooooooo
i understand now
thank you 68magowner and every one else

BobTheCow
07-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Plus they are "intimidating" lol.

I was at a rookie 5-man tournament a while ago. I had my rusty trusty 98, with a warp and halo. This little 11 or 12 year old kid (on the team we'd be playing next game) came up to me, toting his angel and everything, and asked me what it was. I explained how it was an AGD warp feed, and in a sentence or two what it does. He said "wow, that looks pretty intimidating. I'm scared." He was entirely serious, too... as he turned and walked away, I was trying really hard not to laugh.

True story. :ninja:

68magOwner
07-14-2004, 09:48 PM
similar story...kind of, ive got my Z gripped old school RT with warp, kid, couldnt have been more than 10 walks up... "whats that thing on the side of your gun" me-"a warp feed" him-"whats it for" me-"takes hopper off top of gun giving lower profile when snap shooting" him"...thats gay", turns and walks away :clap:

Trina
07-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I always tend to lean the gun to the left or the right when I'm playing and without the warp, I'd have to do the shakey shake thing...haaha! So, along with all the other great reasons to have a warp, I also love the way it allows me to tuck my gun in tighter. And I'm not good at keeping my hopper down...hehehe!

I hate to play without it!

lamby
07-15-2004, 02:43 AM
For those of you saying 20+.....

Please let the people know the truth. a STOCK warp is no faster than 12bps but a 12 volt modified warp will do 20+

So if you are thinking of buying a warp, you must modify to get full speed... I halo with the new victory software is WAY faster than even a modified warp.. They get 32 BPS

FlameboyC11
07-15-2004, 03:26 AM
Yeah, but the halo sits on top of the gun. Also, show me a gun used in game that shoots faster than 20bps for more than a second (without using modes and whatnot). People do not need to be feeding at 32+ balls per second. As for the halo, the 32bps is a burst of one cone rotation, or about 8 balls, not the entire hopper.

Trina
07-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Yeah, but the halo sits on top of the gun.

If using a warp, the halo sits on the side allowing you to tuck the marker in nice and tight. ;)

Beemer
07-15-2004, 06:55 AM
i mean why is the warp so special. i know it gets the hopper off the top of the gun but does it do anything else.

Nothing special really. Hopper off the top

If you use it right you dont have to shoot off hand. Hopper off the top

Less profile. Hopper off the top

Like Trina said can shoot side ways with it. Primer button is your friend. Hopper off the top

Did I say hopper off the top?

Besides Hopper on top is SOO Old Skool but I wouldnt know I got a Warp.

wombo102
07-15-2004, 08:56 PM
how can you shoot sideways
the hopper turns sideways on top or on warp

Trina
07-15-2004, 09:08 PM
It's magic :p

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50487

All you've ever wanted to know about the warp....and then some ;)

RoadDawg
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Warps are interesting and an item you have to know how to use properly to use it effectivly. I've gotten several compliments and several haters on my warp. I get a lot of "how do you use the warp." It's something I've grown to, and when I'm without it, I look like a fish out of water. I need to get the 12v mod done.

Trina
07-15-2004, 09:27 PM
The 12V mod is a must! Check out Havoc's web page (if you haven't already)....he does awesome work!

http://www.havoc-online.com/

RoadDawg
07-15-2004, 09:28 PM
The 12V mod is a must! Check out Havoc's web page (if you haven't already)....he does awesome work!

http://www.havoc-online.com/
Just checked it out. Wasn't sure what to do so I might have to send it to Havoc.

68magOwner
07-15-2004, 09:32 PM
As for the halo, the 32bps is a burst of one cone rotation, or about 8 balls, not the entire hopper.

no its not, a standard halo can get 50+ in bursts, says the oddysey website, and i thik AGD made the same claim with a no-rise body, also, Z man and steelrat have both shot continuious strings pleent fast from their V35'ed halo

gc82000
07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
The reason a warp can work on side is that it is force fed not gravity fed. This makes the warp feed whenever it feels slack or a gap in the feed.
the only draw back to a warp is that there needs the be a canstant feed of balls for it to get the best posibble speed. like if you allow the hopper to empty the warp will not feed the balls in the tube. the best combination would have to halo and warp. Both are forced fed and match each other in speed so no gaps in shooting.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I loved playing with it, but it was just a pain to fix, and wasn't reliable at all.

Halliday
07-16-2004, 12:28 AM
I loved playing with it, but it was just a pain to fix, and wasn't reliable at all.
Ditto on my old Warp too.

Beemer
07-16-2004, 05:18 AM
It's magic

Not just Magic.........Magic Elves

but it was just a pain to fix So is a flat tire. Have a nice walk

wasn't reliable at all.

Ditto on my old Warp too.

Why? because you let it be a pain, then you probably turned into meanies and swore at it.
Rule #1...The Magic Elves dont like meanies

Besides its just a machine. It wont last for ever. When mine quits I'll just get another or fix it. I aint doing that Old Skool hopper on top no more[been there done that]

Trina
07-16-2004, 06:14 AM
I had occasional problems with mine until I was shown a little trick...the warp actually needs some lubrication every once in a while...HA!! :p

hAppy
07-16-2004, 10:25 AM
The warp is a pain to install, and to fix. But either way it is a quality setup, only if the owner can use it. Some people (like me) just can't play with warps, but my friend who I sold it to, uses it fine. It's good cause, well no one can see you! My friend went to the snake and just started shooting, you hear that same ol exclamation "OMG I didn't know you were there!".

And I don't know if AGD's purpose for the warp was to have a faster feed, I thought it was just for a more compact setup.

devingoode
07-16-2004, 10:44 AM
i dont care for the warp myself, i prefer a good no-rise over anything

Bulldog
07-16-2004, 02:11 PM
I hate playing against people with warps. Especially people like RoadDawg who know how to take full advantage of them. You think they're peeking at you, until paint starts to hit your bunker.

Havoc_online
07-16-2004, 03:23 PM
the warp actually needs some lubrication every once in a while...HA!!

Trina knows whats up. ;)

Miscue
07-16-2004, 04:32 PM
For those of you saying 20+.....

Please let the people know the truth. a STOCK warp is no faster than 12bps but a 12 volt modified warp will do 20+

So if you are thinking of buying a warp, you must modify to get full speed... I halo with the new victory software is WAY faster than even a modified warp.. They get 32 BPS

???

I shoot 20bps all day long with my stock warp.