So I am part of the family with an emag

AGD E-mag
1.37 :tard:
CF lowrise polished body
E-mag valve
CP razor drop and asa
ACI bulldog
J&J 2 piece

And im having a problem with velocity, so by following AGDs directions I am going to replace the reg seat.

The qestion can I use these classic valve orings to replace the retro type reg seat?

(pictured darkest is the old emag reg seat lightest new classic oring med oldish classic oring)

boggerman
07-14-2004, 09:14 PM
No, they are not interchangable. Just order a new RT parts kit from AGD, and get a quad o-ring while you're at it (doesn't come with the RT kit, unique to the emag valve). The white o-ring from the classic parts kit is urethane and is too hard to work for a RT reg seat. Nice emag BTW.

meshaq
07-14-2004, 11:14 PM
your crying about haveing 1.37, heck, i have 1.31. im old school

impact301
07-15-2004, 01:38 AM
What do you people do so you dont loose the key... I saw some guys attach the key to the hosing but that doesn't really work when you put it around back... I also saw some guys with a small length of that stuff people put keys on... anyone know where I might be able to find it?

Is 19 volts to high for the battery? The seller gave me a plugin charger as well as a car adapter. The wall adapter is adjustable and from radio shack, when the light changed from red to green i took out the battery and used a volt meter to determine the voltage reached and it was 19...

Whats the benefit of using a quad ring? (and where?)

I stuck a pen in the breach to test the level ten and it worked fine for a couple shots but when I shot faster the pen snapped in half? is there a way to fix this or is it just the nature of level 10?

I have a warp and all the stuff to mount it, just not the jumper... Any one want to give me part numbers for the conectors?

I have a problem with unscrewing my tank... I have used the tank asa combonation on a classic mag and it unscrewed fine. Just using the marker today the tank was hard to unscrew even after shooting off the retained air and filings where produced... not very healthy at all.

How easy is it to get software upgraded... I live in BC and can head across the board into WA, anyone know the closest place or am I going to have to send it to AGD?

The e-mag valve is stainless steel right? Would it be worthwhile upgrading to an x valve?

Lots of questions but im relitively new to mags :argh:

Thanks

ryanshep
07-15-2004, 02:00 AM
:clap: :rofl: :clap: well its hard to know what ur talking about.....whats a qestion?

welcome to the family :tard:

impact301
07-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Its hard to know what your talking about too.... :confused:

boggerman
07-15-2004, 02:24 AM
:)

What do you people do so you dont loose the key... I saw some guys attach the key to the hosing but that doesn't really work when you put it around back... I also saw some guys with a small length of that stuff people put keys on... anyone know where I might be able to find it?

Is 19 volts to high for the battery? The seller gave me a plugin charger as well as a car adapter. The wall adapter is adjustable and from radio shack, when the light changed from red to green i took out the battery and used a volt meter to determine the voltage reached and it was 19... no, it's fine

Whats the benefit of using a quad ring? (and where?)Goes at the bottom of the on/off in an emag valve only

I stuck a pen in the breach to test the level ten and it worked fine for a couple shots but when I shot faster the pen snapped in half? is there a way to fix this or is it just the nature of level 10?Just needs tuning, try adding a shim or two

I have a warp and all the stuff to mount it, just not the jumper... Any one want to give me part numbers for the conectors?You need to get the link cable from AGD, I was unable to find the tiny connector anywhere else

I have a problem with unscrewing my tank... I have used the tank asa combonation on a classic mag and it unscrewed fine. Just using the marker today the tank was hard to unscrew even after shooting off the retained air and filings where produced... not very healthy at all.

How easy is it to get software upgraded... I live in BC and can head across the board into WA, anyone know the closest place or am I going to have to send it to AGD?Don't worry about it, 1.37 works just fine.

The e-mag valve is stainless steel right? Would it be worthwhile upgrading to an x valve?Not really, it's a little lighter, but otherwise the same

Lots of questions but im relitively new to mags :argh:

Thanks

impact301
07-15-2004, 03:10 AM
Is that a quad ring?

It makes no sence why the tank would be harder to unscrew on the emag and tips why that may be happening?

I can outshoot 1.37 ... I think, ill post a video the next I get some more gas.

athomas
07-15-2004, 07:44 AM
The newer software does offer some advantages, especially the shot buffering. You can get it flash upgraded by sending to BlackVCG or Tunaman here on AO. That is probably the fastest and most inexpensive way.

Check for burrs in the ASA if the tank is screwing on and off hard, especially if there are metal shards shoing up. These will cause problems if they get into the valve.

The pen breaking when shooting fast is probably a result of it getting pushed to the front of the breach. The softness of the level 10 is only for the first 3/8" of the bolt stroke. After that distance the bolt accelerates to full speed and hits hard. A ball will already be in the breach at that time, so no chop will occur. A pen or other slim device if positioned at the front of the breach will get hit at a high force and will suffer breaks due to high impact forces.

The quad oring helps the emag on/off by reducing friction on the on/off pin.

The white o-ring you are showing is a teflon on/off o-ring for the standard AIR valve. It will not work in the emag/retro valve.

pointm@n
07-15-2004, 07:54 AM
What do you people do so you dont loose the key... I saw some guys attach the key to the hosing but that doesn't really work when you put it around back... I also saw some guys with a small length of that stuff people put keys on... anyone know where I might be able to find it? I use a little bit of bungie cord attached to the yellow pin

Is 19 volts to high for the battery? The seller gave me a plugin charger as well as a car adapter. The wall adapter is adjustable and from radio shack, when the light changed from red to green i took out the battery and used a volt meter to determine the voltage reached and it was 19...

Whats the benefit of using a quad ring? (and where?) Quad o-ring is in the on/off area. It's only on Emags and reduceses friction

I stuck a pen in the breach to test the level ten and it worked fine for a couple shots but when I shot faster the pen snapped in half? is there a way to fix this or is it just the nature of level 10? Use a longer spring if you want to reduce the impact force even more

I have a warp and all the stuff to mount it, just not the jumper... Any one want to give me part numbers for the conectors? What's this jumper you speak of? Is it the jumpers that reduce/increase the time the warp spins at every shot? Or are you referring to the cable to hook the Emag directly to the Warp? If it's the latter, you do't need it. The warp is vibration senstive. It'll spin at every turn as long as you set the sensitivity.

I have a problem with unscrewing my tank... I have used the tank asa combonation on a classic mag and it unscrewed fine. Just using the marker today the tank was hard to unscrew even after shooting off the retained air and filings where produced... not very healthy at all. Did that classic mag have level 10? Level 10 keeps a supply of air in the valve even after turning off your air supply. This excess air makes it hard to unscrew tanks. If it's really a problem, get an on/off that bleeds the pressure or a quick disconnect.

How easy is it to get software upgraded... I live in BC and can head across the board into WA, anyone know the closest place or am I going to have to send it to AGD? PM Roguefactor or BlackVCG, they'll be able to hook you up. You can also send it in to AGD directly.

The e-mag valve is stainless steel right? Would it be worthwhile upgrading to an x valve? It's up to you, I don't think it's worth the money though.

impact301
07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I forgot to add a picture...

boggerman
07-15-2004, 12:17 PM
That is the quad o-ring. It must be ordered sepatately, it is not part of the RT parts kit.

impact301
07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah i already have quad rings...

:cuss:

athomas
07-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Those threads need to be cleaned and straightened. You can get a fine triangular file and run it in the grooves to clean any uneven surfaces of the threads. Remove any burrs then clean away all bits of loose metal. Put a tiny bit of lithium grease on the threads. This will help when screwing the bottle into the ASA. It won't stick as bad.

Tunaman
07-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah i already have quad rings...

:cuss:
Those threads are wiped...and it looks like that bottle was dropped, hence the bent flange on top. I would start thinking about replacing the reg AND ASA. ;)

impact301
07-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I got it with the emag as a throw in so hey... The asa is in great condition though... I will try the grease thing...