PDA

View Full Version : Planetside

MagMan5446
07-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Anybody play this? Looks cool just wanted to see what people think of it.

SlipknotX556
07-14-2004, 11:04 PM
I was part of the beta test, it was cool. I got the full version, when it came out. Played for 2 months and then it got very lame and very quickly.

Igotu
07-14-2004, 11:31 PM
O man that game was so awesome but kinda gets boring fast, if you have a sony membership its allways fun to comeback and pick it back up but otherwise its not worth it because its so repetive all the basses look the same and stuff. If you want a game to play for a couple of months than do it youll probly like it than get bored.

FutureMagOwner
07-15-2004, 09:01 AM
the game can be alot of fun, if you can get ALOT of people fighting and you are in a good group/platoon and if the base has good places to do what you do (like trees and such for snipers is always nice, but not fun for vehicles to drive through lol), and if you have a computer that can handle it which can be a problem as well

MagAl
07-15-2004, 10:02 AM
It's actually fun but gets boring after a mointh or so

Fred
07-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I know the guy who did a lot of the level design, an Architect actually, its got some pretty interesting stuff going on...

his bosses put the smack down on a lot of his ideas though, the expansion is supposed to be a lot better because some of the decisionmakers were not invited back...

I havn't played it that much, something about paying for a game, then paying more to play it rubs me wrong...

---Fred

Igotu
07-15-2004, 12:14 PM
ya isnt there like some island expansion coming out for it.

sharpshooter1286
07-15-2004, 12:51 PM
i played it for a while, then in a month and a half it seemed like i was doing the same thing over and over again attacking bases and outposts, then defending them, then attacking more, then getting a new weapon that didnt even really give me that big of an advantage, then attack....etc. its all the same stuff over and over.