PDA

View Full Version : Worn parts on powerfeed mag

stoupa
07-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Hi,
I've recently bought used Powerfeed Mag from local shop. The internails were pretty dirty, I cleaned everything and it runs without any problems. But the bolt seems to be pretty worn on one side. Do you thing that this could affect the accuracy? It's not very accurate at longer distances. I'm using Taso Pro Series barrel.
The power tube tip seems to be worn too. If i buy a new bolt (which will not be easy in this country, nobody sells mags anymore here :tard: ), should I buy a new pt tip too?
Oh, and I forgot to say that there are no PT spacers, but only a spring, would that be a problem when replacing bolt/PT tip?
Thanks

Chronobreak
07-15-2004, 10:20 AM
ide say order a lvlX if u can...otherwise if u can get a hold of replacement parts they shouldnt be too expensive..i know i have a few spare bolts laying around myself...

stoupa
07-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Well, I'm not sure about LX, the bolt on LX has foamie, right?

I think I'll buy just another foamiless bolt, but I still don't know if I have to replace the PT tip or not, help me please :confused:

Cryer
07-16-2004, 02:38 PM
If you buy the Level 10 bolt kit, it will replace both of those worn parts pictured, and it will prevent you from chopping any paint. The bolt on the level 10 does have a foamie.

personman
07-16-2004, 03:03 PM
I think you have a level 6 mag. If your powertube unscrews from the valve then it is infact a level 6 mag and you need to get that welded by AGD. I think level 6s and early level 7s used the spring in the power tube. Also, you have a shortnose bolt. It would be best for you to just send it into AGDE or whatever to see if they could update it for you.. if not then you need a power tube spacer kit and a longnose bolt, or level 10.. Make sure that power tube is welded though.
If its working fine, I wouldnt bother. It shouldnt affect your accuracy.

stoupa
07-17-2004, 04:05 AM
I think you have a level 6 mag. If your powertube unscrews from the valve then it is infact a level 6 mag and you need to get that welded by AGD. I think level 6s and early level 7s used the spring in the power tube. Also, you have a shortnose bolt. It would be best for you to just send it into AGDE or whatever to see if they could update it for you.. if not then you need a power tube spacer kit and a longnose bolt, or level 10.. Make sure that power tube is welded though.
If its working fine, I wouldnt bother. It shouldnt affect your accuracy.

The powertube can't be unscrewed from the valve. Does that mean that I have an early level 7 mag?
I didn't know that there is something like shortnose bolt... So I can't replace the bolt without buying the spacer kit, right?
Thanks, you've been very helpful presonman :hail:

Flossabe
07-17-2004, 08:36 AM
You most likley have a level 7 with that bolt but you can put another level 7 bolt on with out a spacer kit but it may posibly leak down the power tube a ilttle but you wont know until you get a new bolt, I would go with a level 10 and skip all of thoes problmes and you would never ever chop or breach break paint. And if for some reason you dont want a fomie you can remove it from the level 10 because it doesent do any thing any way, it is just for sales any way. Wich ever way you go good luck.

Flossabe.

personman
07-17-2004, 09:06 AM
The powertube can't be unscrewed from the valve. Does that mean that I have an early level 7 mag?
I didn't know that there is something like shortnose bolt... So I can't replace the bolt without buying the spacer kit, right?
Thanks, you've been very helpful presonman :hail:
Well, you probably have an early level 7 mag then. If I recall correctly, the level 6's powertube could be unscrewed and it was dangerous or something. You should be good though.
Replacing the bolt isnt MANDATORY. The only difference between the short nose and the long nose is how much blow back you get. But since you have a powerfeed mag that really isnt an issue and you dont need one.
You can use the spacer kit without getting a new bolt, and vice versa.
To tell you the truth your mag is just fine the way it is. I wouldnt worry about the wear on the bolt unless there is alot of wear at the bottom of the bolt where the sear latches on. The power tube tip is no biggie. I dont think its a problem. The spring in the powertube WAS updated to spacers, but like I said, if it aint broke, dont fix it.
Really, if you are that worried about these worn out parts, go ahead and switch to a level 10. It will replace everything that you are talking about. Plus its just amazing.

stoupa
07-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks, guys. So, I'll keep my mag as it is, and when I save enough money, I'll buy the lvl 10 and maybe the trigger pull kit, too. It's good to know that lvl 10 bolt can be used without the foamie, I was afraid of losing it and stuff.
I have one more question: when I bought the Mag, it was really dirty on iside, so I tried to clean every part. I wanted to pull out Regulator pin and spring, but I managed to get only the pin out, the spring refused to let go. I'm afraid that I could have extended the spring a bit when trying to pull it out.
Should I buy a new reg. spring? I thought that if it's a regulator spring, then it's lenght must be important. Thanks :hail: