PDA

View Full Version : questions about building a ule mag

ryan_1215
07-15-2004, 09:56 AM
I am buildng a ule mag and I have already ordered the x valve and a ule body I am still trying to decide which grip frame to put on, i am leaning towards the y grip and I was wondering what you guys think of this grip or maybe if I should get the intelliframe I can't wait to get this built. I am gonna drop in the ult and feed it with a halo and put the pipe on for a barrel system. Any other advice about this project would be very helpful as I am somewhat new to the world of mags.

Chronobreak
07-15-2004, 10:14 AM
both are mech frames...if u can try both and pick w/e u like mmore then do so if not it doesnt really matter its just preferance..any answey u get wil most likely be biased against w/e that person is using so pick whatever one u think wil fit u best..sounds nice so far

nt2004
07-15-2004, 10:36 AM
dont forget a rail!

evan123
07-15-2004, 11:09 AM
You are stuck between a ygrip and intelliframe...it sounds like you need a 90 degree frame. I personally like the ones made by logic and not the rogue one but you can see either one in the dealer department. You will either need a classic rail with a classic sear (Omegas, benchmarks, and eclipses are considered classic rails) or RT Pro sear with a RT Pro rail (Some after market milled RT Pro rails are Roguefactors).

gc82000
07-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Iheard many great things about the Pipe system but I know that the tips are not the best in the world. I know that they are accurate and easy to clean but I lost respect for them when they started to break on me. They are fragile and brittle if you are to invest in a Pipe system I suggest getting at least one or two extra tips. :cuss:
Other then that a matching rail and macroline are essencial.
And a vertical grilp wonder look nuts on a ule mag. :headbang:

rkjunior303
07-15-2004, 11:28 AM
I have had a pipe kit for over a year and I haven't done anythign to my tip... Evil came out with the Ultra Evil tips, that have more meat on them.. they are alot sturdier.

ryan_1215
07-15-2004, 01:49 PM
thanks for the advice guys I am really lookig forward to playin with this marker. I wish I knew more about mags but I am sure that I will learn as I assemble the marker and play with it. The reason that I chose the evil pipe is because I work at a shop and the owner told me he would give me a deal on the pipe set cuz he wanted to clear it out. I am hoping to do some more custom mods to this mag after I assemble the basics but this is just the beginning

Creative Mayhem
07-15-2004, 02:06 PM
part list for you to use to check off as you get them...

Body
Rail(classic or RTP style)
Frame
Sear and sear axle(can be different depending on body rail)
mounting screws(front grip screw, field strip screws, grip screws, and drop screws)
drop(optional)
ASA
airlines(I reccomend stainless hose)
quick disconnects and elbows for the airlines
foregrip*optional* (gasthru or non gasthru)

I think thats all of it... Good luck.

1stdeadeye
07-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Contact Tunaman for parts and prices. He kicks arse! :headbang:

GT
07-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I wish I knew more about mags

link in my sig

gc82000
07-15-2004, 09:48 PM
I have had a pipe kit for over a year and I haven't done anythign to my tip... Evil came out with the Ultra Evil tips, that have more meat on them.. they are alot sturdier.

see that is a different tip then what i was talking about. The original tips were the topic of my post.

minimag03
07-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Try the Jackel 90* frame. It is the best looking 90* frame there is right now. You can get them from jackel machine.

Good luck,
minimag03