PDA

View Full Version : mr. Kaye, i just watched the emag video and had an idea

alf
10-17-2001, 06:52 PM
It looked like you (the AGD uber-god) used the wrong allen wrenches sometimes in the video, and I've heard of complaints about the e-mag using 4-5 allen wrenches now, instead of 2.

So, here's my idea. How about color coding the bolts in the e-mag based on the size of allen wrench they use, and include little colored stickers that the owners can use to put on their allen wrenches, so they will always know what size wrench to use on which bolt?

The bolts can be annodized to be 4-5 different colors, and the stickers (I'm envisioning just 2-3mm wide colored strips) can be put on the "elbow" of the allen wrenches, so that they wont rub/wear off.

What do you think?

-alf

DarkPhoenix
10-17-2001, 06:58 PM
Yeah! I would love to have an "AGD Tool Kit". I envision everything that one could need to fix everyday problems with their mags. I can see tools, parts for all AGD products, a spacer kit, and even more cool tools like a good set of calipers. I think that it could be packaged really nicely. I lug around my tool kit, a four drawer fishing kit with a top tray, and would rather have something compact and cooler looking.

bornl33t
10-17-2001, 07:01 PM
ermm.... why not just use the same size allen wrench for all screws. Or, minimize it to 2 sizes. Wouls be cheaper then anodizing (can you anodize steel?) bolts...

( no I'm pretty shure the steel can't be anodized)

(something about the flat gray that he mag body is made of)

Xzion
10-17-2001, 07:46 PM
No, Stainless steel cant be anodized, only aluminum can be anodized. As for the wrenches, why not just memorize which ones fit where, may take a little bit of practice, but its the most practical way, its what ive done, though not on an E-Mag mind you.

AGD
10-17-2001, 08:14 PM
After hearing so many complaints about looks we try and use the stuff that looks the best. Sorry about all the wrenches but that's just how it worked out.

AGD

BlackVCG
10-17-2001, 08:56 PM
In other words, deal with it.

alf
10-17-2001, 09:11 PM
black,

not as politically correct as mr. kaye, but clear, concise, and to the point!

:p

Miscue
10-17-2001, 09:34 PM
Let me rephrase BlackVCG. I think he meant:

In other words, deal with it. :)

udtseal
10-18-2001, 03:06 PM
dosent seem to bother me that bad.....try taking apart my friends ATS-85 and you will cherrish your mag!!!!

Russ
10-18-2001, 07:59 PM
One of the things that separates Man from beasts is his ablity to use tools. BE A MAN! :D

Dragoon
10-19-2001, 06:46 AM
I think the tool kit is a great idea.
I'd love to have a compact little kit that had everything I needed to work on my mag. I know I can put this together myself (and I have a large version), but a small kit that had spaces for all the essential items and spare parts would be great.

It's something to keep in mind for when all the current projects at AGD are finised at released to the market.

Douglas

Geezer
10-19-2001, 06:57 AM
All the tools you need are available at the local Sears or Hardware store. No matter how many tools you take to the field, you'll always need the one you didn't bring. If you lug out your whole took box, you'll never have to open it. Go figure....

Thordic
10-19-2001, 08:08 AM
A man complaining about having to own lots of tools?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD???

I love my 30 piece allen wrench set :) It even comes with a nifty rack and a torque handle (Comes in handy for my vert adapter, which never wants to get unscrewed.)

More tools are better! More power!! uh uh uh uh uh!!!