WARPED1
07-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Someone was bored...............

Skoad
07-15-2004, 11:45 PM
you can see balls going down the feed neck

WARPED1
07-15-2004, 11:48 PM
The balls you see "bouncing" back are from when the Rev agitates.

GotMag?
07-15-2004, 11:49 PM
its the in cocker, not WGP sention at pbnation, it shoots on return trigger pull

HoustonDM
07-16-2004, 12:33 AM
yes the balls go down the feedneck buy it pushes them back up and that is not just the revy aggitating thats the air pushing the balls back up and the balls hitting, it doesnt shoot, it just goes down the feedneck and comes back up, ive watched it alot and i kow there are no balls shooting out of that, unless he has the velocity turned way up over 300fps

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Flow_Tech
07-16-2004, 12:39 AM
i believe the fellas over at PBN called it the "Talker"

FallNAngel
07-16-2004, 01:40 AM
That most definately is shooting paint... I keep waiting for it just to explode though..

HoustonDM
07-16-2004, 01:55 AM
i watched it in slow motion it is not shooting paint, it might be shooting air but no paint

FallNAngel
07-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Yes, it is.. Look at the second shot starting at the 4th second in... he holds the trigger back and you can see the propeller fill the feedneck fill with paint. The only time a revvy spins is if the paint moves down or up the feedneck. Since it wasn't under rapid fire and there was a second that he held the trigger back, I think it's safe to assume that paint went down and into the chamber. From there, even if there is blowback, there's still a ball that left the barrel. I'm not saying you can see it leave the barrel in the 6 inches of space that you can see past the barrel, but it does happen, whether you want to believe it or not.

Just because you watched a video of a camera shooting probably 30 frames a second doesn't mean you're going to capture a ball probably traveling over 200+ feet per second through a 6 inch window.

FooTemps
07-16-2004, 02:00 AM
you know... some cameras can't always catch a paintball flying @ 300fps since the frames/second of the camera is too slow. (i've had that problem a lot when I make vids)

HoustonDM
07-16-2004, 02:04 AM
no it did not have paint in the chamber or somethin and it let the paint move back it it blowed back im pretty sure it didnt shoot, ive watched it like 100 times

FallNAngel
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
It didn't have paint in the chamber? Are you BLIND?! He pulls and holds the trigger back, you can see the paint drop down the feedneck and the revvy fills it back up... then he releases the trigger and fires it. Watch the hopper when he does... what do you see? NO BLOWBACK. You can watch it a thousand times, THE CAMERA DIDN"T CATCH THE BALL LEAVING THE BARREL SINCE IT MOVED TOO FAST. What don't you people understand?

WARPED1
07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
It didn't have paint in the chamber? Are you BLIND?! He pulls and holds the trigger back, you can see the paint drop down the feedneck and the revvy fills it back up... then he releases the trigger and fires it. Watch the hopper when he does... what do you see? NO BLOWBACK. You can watch it a thousand times, THE CAMERA DIDN"T CATCH THE BALL LEAVING THE BARREL SINCE IT MOVED TOO FAST. What don't you people understand?
I concur................

ScatterPlot
07-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Ditto.

MindJob
07-16-2004, 03:54 PM
"I WANT ONE!! I'LL GIVE YOU $1500 of my PARENTS money for it!!!"

That's what I would say if I were one of those kids on PBnation.

FooTemps
07-16-2004, 04:33 PM

I think people just don't want to accept the fact that the talon works... lol

HoustonDM
07-16-2004, 07:14 PM
well i paused it and watched it paused and let it go really really slow and i saw no paint come out, but it might be cause of the camera so i will agree that it shot, wait how bout we ask the guy who owns the gun if it shot

trevorjk
07-16-2004, 10:24 PM
that and he is clearly shooting a solid color, lighter color ball... and with the backround that would almost be virtually impossible to see... maybe evil midevil yellow balls? or some generic stuff...

cockermongol
07-16-2004, 11:59 PM
I think it's awesome.

FallNAngel
07-17-2004, 12:31 AM
well i paused it and watched it paused and let it go really really slow and i saw no paint come out, but it might be cause of the camera so i will agree that it shot, wait how bout we ask the guy who owns the gun if it shot

Why bother? What would be the point to ask someone that takes the time to rig up a Talon to be closed bolt, put a hopper with paint, take a video and host it... just so he could have us think that it worked. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what program you were using to watch the video, but pausing and unpausing isn't a good way to simulate slow motion... there's quite a bit of time that goes past while in the unpaused state. To help make things a bit clearer hows this sound:

We'll assume he was shooting 200fps minimum. I can't base this on anything, but I'm just picking quite a low number here. At 200 feet per second, the ball travels a foot in 1/200th of a second (we're also assuming 0 acceleration just to simplify things as well). This basically means that it takes 1/200th of a second for the burst of air to expand behind the ball, propel it down the barrel and off the cameras site. Seeing as how we can't see through the barrel, we have about 1/2 of that length to work with. Which means we're looking for the ball in about 6 inches or so.

Now we'll say the camera also takes video at 30 frames a second... what are the chances that the one frame you want (the one with the ball in it) is captured by one of those frames? VERY slim. But we'll assume it happened. What are the chances that the one frame you're looking for is actually captured when you're pausing and unpausing the video... keep in mind that you'll be skipping over several frames each pause/unpause? Slim to none... and I gotta tell ya... Slim just jumped on his horse and rode out of town.

I still don't understand why it's just so hard to just believe that it was actually shooting paint. Once a ball goes into the chamber, no amount of blowback is going to put that ball back into the hopper.

WARPED1
07-17-2004, 12:36 AM
I wonder what the max ROF is? He should glue a calculator to the grip and call it an LED!

scrumpy
07-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Coolest gun ever? Yeah, I'm thinking it is. Awesome is the only word that can describe that... splendor of paintball engineering.