PDA

View Full Version : Mech mag or stay electro...

ryanshep
07-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey i was just wondering for all of u who shoot mech mags and play tourneys how u do? I am considering trading my rocking purple e-orracle for a x-valved mech mag w/ all the goodies. I would be using this for tourneys and was wondering what u guys think i should do? Btw i used to have an e-mag and miss it, but i want to try a mech mag. Is the rof enough and is it easy enough to shoot for tourneys?
-ryan

camilion705
07-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Depends on what level tourny you are playing...

AGDlover
07-15-2004, 11:28 PM
i run a all mech mag, i plan on doing chi open so nuff said there but there are some mods out there you can do like get a ULT to lighten up the pull and trigger stops to reduce the distance in the pull. if you want i do trigger stop sevaces so i drill, tap, and set the set screws in for you. it would cost around $3-$5 per trigger but if you don't have the tools to get the trigger out yourself you can allways send me $10 + the frame too and i'll get it out do all the work and your all set

ryanshep
07-15-2004, 11:32 PM
thanks for fast replys(sp? didnt get to much sleep)

i usually play rookie 3 man or 5 man, opinions?

Thermus
07-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Unless your looking to save money and/or really like the look and feel of mech mags, stick with the orracle. Mech Mags are great, but until the hair trigger is out, they cant keep up. If you are skill enough to use that in a tounrey, more power to you.

SlipknotX556
07-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Keep the cocker, until the hair trigger comes out, then sell the cocker and get the mag.

The Spanish Inquisition
07-15-2004, 11:58 PM
going from electro to mech might be a little rough. even with the ult.

68magOwner
07-16-2004, 01:31 AM
as a fellow tourney baller, would i recommend it? not at all, have i played tourneys with mech markers and done fine? yes, absolutely, but would i rather be shooting a nice electro? definately

Torbo
07-16-2004, 09:16 AM
it would be a real tough jump going back to a mech. Youd probably short stroke like a mo-fo. I used to shoot a mech cocker in tourneys, and still do sometimes in 3 mans. Playing 3 man, i didnt feel like i was too outgunned. The biggest problem is short stroking. I mean, it almost never happens once youre used to a gun, but if youre underpressure, or shooting offhanded or something. If youre playing 5 or 7, youre probably going to need to put more paint in the air.

ok, basically, keep the orracle. Its a sweet gun, no doubt, and a mech mag would be nice, but i think it could protentially cause problems that you wouldnt have if you kept the electro.

Chronobreak
07-16-2004, 09:42 AM
viva la mech! i have no problem using a emch in a tourney...but however it depndsing on the skill and rof of the other team put u at a slight disadvantage but nothing a little skill wont overcome ;)

afultz075
07-16-2004, 10:03 AM
If you're seriously interested in trading your E-Orracle for a RT Pro I have a loaded, full ULE one i'd consider trading. PM me if your interested since i'm going off-topic here :ninja:

devingoode
07-16-2004, 10:28 AM
i wouldnt trade an ecocker for a ule mech mag at all, i have a ule RT and i do great with it, i'm playing tourneys are practicing with it as my primary marker but, i'm getting a shocktech bushy in a week, i wouldnt try to get back into mech over an ecocker, my 2cts
Devin

penguinpunk555
07-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Keep the 'cocker.Wait for the hair trigger to come out.

$tevo
07-16-2004, 01:03 PM
i agree with keepin the cocker until hAir comes out...then the mech mag will be rockin even more

warbeak2099
07-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Ditto on waiting on the HAIR.

durtysoufcraka
07-16-2004, 02:06 PM
ummm...how much do you miss your emag? i'll trade you mine for your E-orracle purple styles.
-durty

:) its can be mech and it doesnt have an X-valve but it does have a freak and lvlX. eh, eh. oh and the battery doesnt work yet. but i'll buy one and then we can trade. eh, eh, eh

ryanshep
07-16-2004, 05:58 PM
thanks for all ur guys opinions i think im gonna keep the orracle then, dirty if u get that e-mag working id probably trade for it lol
-ryan