PDA

View Full Version : Good Barrel Kits?

digitard
07-16-2004, 05:26 AM
First off... this is actually for a Viking, but AO has always been my home away from home. I credit the AO peeps for getting me back into paintball with EXCELLENT hardware advice and great people.

I'm looking for 12/14" barrel kit with multiple bore sizes thats cocker threaded.

Please dont post the "I have this for sale" stuff, cause right now I just want an idea of what to look for. I've always used various 1 pieces (all american, boomstick, cp, etc) and then used our sponsors EDGE kits (which I did actually like).

What are some good kits? Trying to get a broad look at things, since honestly I haven't had the chance to use any kits other than the J&J and I'm in the market for a new kit.

Hot are the EVIL PIPE kits? Any other good ones that dont break the bank (aka Freaks).

Dave

ryan_1215
07-16-2004, 07:09 AM
hey I am lookin for the same kind of thing to put on my ule mag that I am building since the body is cocker threaded. I am serious considering the evil pipe system myself. They are a lot of cocker threaded barrel systems out there so I am sure you will find one but the pipe gets my vote cuz everyone loves to smoke the pipe

lord1234
07-16-2004, 07:38 AM
i sell and use the Sanchez Machine kit and I love it! Yuo can contact me for prices if you are interested.

minimag03
07-16-2004, 08:24 AM
I use a Freak. It seems to do it's job, and was a great deal for $100 :D . You can get them used for that price.

minimag03

lord1234
07-16-2004, 08:27 AM
a new SM kit costs about that much

thump
07-16-2004, 08:45 AM
i use the evil pipe kit on my mag.it is great.since getting it i have but 4 cases through it and have not had a single ball break in the barrel.i bought mine used for $125.this kit imo is way better then the freak,,,as for it being better then the other kits,i dont know as i have never used any other kits other then the pipe and freak.get the pipe kit,you will not be disappointed! :bounce:

Torbo
07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Empire 4 piece. I highly recommend it. Its right around 100 bucks, has 3 bore sizes and one 14" front. The bore sizes are .687, .689, and .691. The small range is fine, especailly in your case, because youre using an open bolt gun, therefore the paint/barrel match is much less important than it is on a closed bolt gun. The kit is well made, and looks pretty good too. It self cleans pretty well. Its a great barrel, and for the price it cant be beaten.

vonort
07-16-2004, 09:13 AM
If you want a low cost kit then I would suggest the J&J edge, or the Kaner. Both are excellent barrels. If you want to spend a little more then I suggest the Hammerhead. Best barrel I have ever used.

Fade
07-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Get the Pipe Kit, its by far one of the best barrel kits out there. I've also heard the Empire 5 piece kit is pretty good too, but I've been using my Pipe for a while now, and I've been EXTREMELY impressed.

Also do some research on the Pipe, you'll find very cool and interesting facts of how smooth their bore / tips are (smoother than glass).

Dayspring
07-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Scepter barrel kits.

www.powerlyte.com

True bore sizing
Smoothest finish
Locking inserts- no orings

rkjunior303
07-16-2004, 01:02 PM
go with the pipe... they clean out excellent and come with 5 backs..... I love mine. they are a bit loud but honestly, who cares? Not to mention generally you can find them pretty cheap (under 140) on the web pretty regularly

vf-xx
07-16-2004, 01:31 PM
www.equationusa.com

I've got two of the Bizerk barrels and I'm quite pleased. It's an insert based system similar to the freak, but it uses SS inserts. Also the Bizerk is a one piece barrel with inserts instead of the freak that is 2 piece plus inserts.

FallNAngel
07-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Scepter. The problem I have with 2 piece barrels is what if you get a new marker that doesn't have the same threading? Yep, you gotta buy a whole new kit.

Bulldog
07-16-2004, 02:03 PM
You'll get a million different responses to this. My opinion is Kaner/Sanchez/or Scepter. I did't care for the Pipe kit so I sold it. QC just wasn't that great.

vf-xx
07-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Scepter. The problem I have with 2 piece barrels is what if you get a new marker that doesn't have the same threading? Yep, you gotta buy a whole new kit.

Not neccisarily. You can buy bizerk barrels without the inserts. They're reasonably priced brand new IMO.

GotMag?
07-16-2004, 02:09 PM
i got my freak with one insert for $45

digitard
07-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Well I love my Viking and I have no real plans to buy an Angel so there goes that.

What are your opinion on Titanium Longbow kits?

lord1234
07-16-2004, 02:13 PM
more expensive than Sanchez kits.

Skywalker
07-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Longbows are sweet, but mad expensive. If you have the money it's def. worth it.

Almeister
07-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Longbows are sweet, but mad expensive. If you have the money it's def. worth it.

I have the Longbow titanium 3 bore kit and it's awesome. It comes with three titanium backs in .684, .687, .689 bore sizes. It's the best barrel IMO. If you have the cash, go out and get a set I highly recommend it. :headbang:

http://www.titaniumpaintball.com/Barrels.html

gorymonkey2
07-16-2004, 06:49 PM
wgp kaner system or the powerlyte sceptre system, each system has its strengths,

kaner - multiple barrel lengths and different bore sizes accurate $130
sceptre - one barrel length, more accurate, more bore sizes $200

Both are great systems but in my opinion the kaner is better because in a way it gives you three different length barrels at the same time so if your team is poor three of you can use the same system.

digitard
07-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Well a long time ago I sold EVERYTHING I had (paintball related) to help the gf out of a jam. Now that I'm buying new gear she's buying me a barrel kit for my bday and said just pick one.

I really am leaning toward the Long... seems the popular concensus is its very well made, light, and very nice. Since its a bday present and, well, she DOES owe me ...lol... I think thats my choice.

canemaster
07-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Lucky System :clap: :bounce: :dance: :hail: :wow: :hail: :dance: :cheers:

:headbang:

felony
07-16-2004, 11:35 PM
what about the good ole cp one piece barrels? few diff bores?

dan

FallNAngel
07-17-2004, 12:36 AM
Not neccisarily. You can buy bizerk barrels without the inserts. They're reasonably priced brand new IMO.

Good, now go back and read my post. I said 2 piece barrel, not 3 piece. 2 as in the Pipe, not 3 as in insert based.

SpecialBlend2786
07-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Mac Dev Matchstick barrel. $99 for a complete set.