PDA

View Full Version : Where to play in Honolulu, HI?

Steelrat
07-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Well, looks like im going to be in Honolulu for the next 3 weeks, so Id like to find a place to play a little paintball on the weekends. Any suggestions?

Automaget
07-16-2004, 02:10 PM
yup

http://pbreview.com/fields/13/ :dance:

lord1234
07-16-2004, 02:16 PM
be warned: there are no longer tanks allowed on air planes...so i hope u find a place taht rents tanks....

TSA regs forbid tanks.

just a heads up

Steelrat
07-16-2004, 05:32 PM
I'll just ship it then. Worst case, maybe someone on here lives in HI and can loan me one :D

mrbrutal
07-16-2004, 05:37 PM
A search on google is a good start. I've seen a paintball field near the freeway in between the airport and waikiki. Im thinking All-star or something like that. Didnt get to try it though.

LeatherPants
07-16-2004, 05:38 PM
What island you going to Steel? Sorry I never played when I was growing up in Hawaii. Plus now when I do go back to the islands to visit my parents I just go to hang out with friends.

What I can do is give you important information lik WHERE TO EAT!

If you like Prime Rib there's a really good place that I always go.

LMK if you need any info.

Steelrat
07-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Honolulu is where i will spend most of my time, unless i need to go to one of the other islands. Looks like there is a nice field called all starts there, so I will give it a try.

Steelrat
07-16-2004, 05:58 PM
What island you going to Steel? Sorry I never played when I was growing up in Hawaii. Plus now when I do go back to the islands to visit my parents I just go to hang out with friends.

What I can do is give you important information lik WHERE TO EAT!

If you like Prime Rib there's a really good place that I always go.

LMK if you need any info.

Mmmm, prime rib, yummy.

LeatherPants
07-16-2004, 06:03 PM
It's called Haleiwa Joe's it's on Oahu in Kaneohe at the Haiku Gardens. The damn prime rib is about 2" think. I think I have a pic of the damn thing somewhere. It's my favorite place. I always go at least once each time I go home.

The food there is really good and if you are going with your wife/GF it overlooks the Haiku Gardens and the mountain ranges. It's good food and your're stuck in the middle of a rainforest.

I think the prices were decent too. Something like 25-30 for the Prime rib.....get there early they fill up and the only prepare X amount in the morning of the PR.

LeatherPants
07-17-2004, 01:42 AM
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/9550/Primesmall.jpg

EAT THIS!

Steelrat
07-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Little rare for my taste, but I can appreciate the size. Oddly enough, the best food I have had on previous trips to hawaii has been some sort of Steak. I'll have to go to that place you mentioned if work takes me there.

Do you get a pin or a medal or something for finishing that?

gc82000
07-17-2004, 01:53 AM
I am trying to think of the place but they have like three feilds and the one I saw was a rock quarey feild so bring your pads.
I will get back to you on the name though.
As for the tank, I thought that you need to have it checked and opened. In order to travel with it.

gibby
07-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Steel, send TooDamnSweet a PM and ask her. She visited a few fields while she was still living there not too long ago. She'll tell you what you're looking for. :) Good luck and have fun!

gc82000
07-17-2004, 01:57 AM
It's called Haleiwa Joe's it's on Oahu in Kaneohe at the Haiku Gardens.

Hey i have been there tha place is awesome great date place. And as for the prime rib it is best to preorder it before you go that wasy they will save one for you. I think that thing weighed like 3 pounds too.

Steelrat
07-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Steel, send TooDamnSweet a PM and ask her. She visited a few fields while she was still living there not too long ago. She'll tell you what you're looking for. :) Good luck and have fun!

I'll do that, though I think I have identified a field. Im just excited to be going over there, the paintball will be gravy :)

LeatherPants
07-17-2004, 02:02 AM
I like it med-rare...but you can get it which ever way you like it.

Sadly no medal. Remember we like to eat in Hawaii. So portions are usually big.

Curly
07-17-2004, 02:21 AM
be warned: there are no longer tanks allowed on air planes...so i hope u find a place taht rents tanks....

TSA regs forbid tanks.

just a heads up

This is wrong, I flew back from chicago with a tank. Some airlines do not allow them, but it is not a TSA standard.

Warewolf50
07-17-2004, 02:28 AM
A search on google is a good start. I've seen a paintball field near the freeway in between the airport and waikiki. Im thinking All-star or something like that. Didnt get to try it though.

I remeber seeing some review of that fielsd in some pball mag a couple years back, it looked nice.

lather
07-17-2004, 03:40 AM
I live on Oahu you can borrow my 68/3000 flatline if you cant fly your tank over..

All star is only about a mile away from the airport. If you take Nimitz highway from the airport to Waikiki (assuming you staying in Waikiki) you can see the field from Nimitz. :)

Fuji
07-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Course, you could always try to find a few locals by hitting the PB shops in the area and finding some renegade ball. Rainforest is definitely different than playing in the desert. ;) There is one in Aiea and one downtown (That I know of). I can ask my friend if he plans on going renegade playing anytime soon if you'd like. They all play pump, but are fairly decent.