PDA

View Full Version : on/off pin on classic

Phase
07-17-2004, 12:01 AM
While I was reassembling my classic mag after taking it apart to work on my rail, I put my on/off pin in backwards. I didn't know at the time but when I gased up my gun, everything was good but when I fired and held the trigger, it leaked just like it would as if an o-ring was damaged. I don't believe its the o-rings that caused this because they were just recently replaced but do you think the pin being in backwards could have caused this? :confused:

After that I ran out of gas so I couldn't really test it again but I did gas it up after putting it back in correctly and it didnt leak but it was low on gas so I dont know if that was truly the problem. Any opinions are appreciated. Thx

danheneise
07-17-2004, 01:41 AM
yes putting the pin in backwards will cause this. It's because of the groove that is in the BOTTTUM of the pin, if this groove is faced upwards then it cannot seal inside of the on/off top o-ring, and besides, the groove makes it easier to get out, hence the reason of the groove being there.

Phase
07-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Just wanted the assurance of a more experienced mag tech. Thx dan.