PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading X-Mag Software?

VR4SL
07-17-2004, 02:06 AM
I picked up a new board from AGD that comes w/3.2 software, (I did this to avoid the downtime from shipping, etc), Does anyone know if I can send back the original board w/2.4 for upgrading- WITHOUT it being in the marker? If AGD wont do it, will any other tech's? Lastly, are the PC Boards used in X-Mags the same as that used in E-mags? Thats what I have been told- but E-mags dont have ACE...? is it just disabled....?

Flossabe
07-17-2004, 03:04 AM
You dont have to have the board in the gun to have it flashed, I dont know if AGD will put 2.4 in it thought, I was going to have a tech put 2.1 (I think it was 2.1) on my board at an event but he dident have any of the right software to run his flasher on the laptop he brought.
All boards are the same in X-mags and E-mags, with the exception of a few euro boards, and ACE is just a program that is on the board, I had AGD flash my board to 3.2 and had them put ACE on the board for my Micro E-mag. If AGD wont flash your board I know that some one here on AO will. Good Luck

Dayspring
07-17-2004, 11:22 AM
You DO need to send them the entire gun, as the programmer & board draw power from the battery.