PDA

View Full Version : Nova 700 on E-Bay!!!

minimag03
07-17-2004, 08:38 AM
Check it out (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16048&item=3688523714&rd=1)

nt2004
07-17-2004, 09:25 AM
i remember those being sold at a local sports authority store when i first got into paintball.

ramennoodles
07-17-2004, 11:03 AM
we have one at our shop, but it looks like a fire extinguisher when you gas it up.

FSU_Paintball
07-17-2004, 02:37 PM
"This gun will only gain value!"

Not likely. He's claiming he paid $400 for it. Wow. I remember they were bottoming out at about $130 new in stores at the end of airstar's life...

BE4life182
07-17-2004, 06:58 PM
wow maybe my friend should sell his. he got it for free. isnt it all nuematic gun? i think i heard that somewhere

Evil1
07-18-2004, 01:20 AM
I shot one of those in 98 or 99 when they were fairly new and I thought it sucked. It was real slow and it sucked up alot of air real fast. It was pretty quiet. I just felt like I could fire my mech mag I had at the time alot faster than this so called "super gun." And on top of everything else, it felt like an extremely cheaply made piece of crap.

Chris
07-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Having owned 4 Novas, a 700, Super, and 2 ET's, I can say that they are fantastic guns. Very reliable. The trigger on the Super was adjustable and I was able to out shoot the shockers, which were the shiznit at the time, with a mech gun. Not to mention that the Novas were quieter than anything on the field. They sound somewhat like a wet fart. I did get some odd looks from some players, people making comments along the lines of why I brought a sex toy on the field...however they quieted down pretty soon.

The 700 was the base gun. Most were right feed, but they were available in vert.

The Super placed the regulator below the grip, instead of at the back of the body. Where the reg would reside in the 700 was the "Dicer" tech or just a bunch of BB's. This actually seemed to help with shooting CO2. I was never able to make the gun shoot hot or otherwise malfunction, even when shooting the gun, barrel towards the ground, and emptying a 20 oz CO2 tank.

The ET was available as an upgrade for either the 700 or the Super, it consisted mainly of the electronic grip frame. IIRC not too many upgrades were done (not unlike the Emag conversions when they first came out) The ET was also sold straight from the factory. There was not much of a difference between the ET and the Super, other than the grip frame. The ET was available in a few colors, wheras the Super was only Black or Heavenly anno...the purple black and blue which most people see.

Anyways, thats enough reminiscing....

Derman2k
07-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Theres one at my local store and we were dry firing it and we took the barrel off after taking the air off and the barrel comes out of the shroud and it seems like the spring is moving around in there. Is this fixable or did we break it?

SniperSmurf
07-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Heh, I remember those... but I think I'll have to pass. I could get a new X-valve for what that thing's going for right now! I never actually shot one, so I can't comment on that, but the "wet fart" sounds like it might be worth it just for that!!! :rofl:

animal
07-20-2004, 01:50 PM
people making comments along the lines of why I brought a sex toy on the field...

That is somewhat amusing never having seen one of those before the pics here.

cheetah256
07-20-2004, 02:51 PM
wow..that went for way more than it's worth. i remember strugglnig to get 200 for my supernova...

Bulldog
07-20-2004, 02:58 PM
A guy at my work used to work for the company that made those things...Airstar? Can't remember. He was telling me some pretty funny stories about those things. They sound pretty ghetto.

xXHavokXx
07-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Didnt those things like randomly explode from time to time