PDA

View Full Version : ok...old compy problem revisited (discovered something new..) help if you're willing

impostal22
07-17-2004, 11:18 AM
so i had a thread earlier about how i'd leave my compy on over night and i'd wake up and the monitor would be on, but with the yellow light on (indicating that the computer is off). but, the computer was ON. so today i left my compy on, with music playing. i came back, and the monitor was off like it was before, but this time, because the music was playing, i could tell the computer froze (the music was looping in 1 second intervals). so apparently, the computer freezes, but stays on, and the monitor thinks it's off. what's the deal with this and how do i fix it?

Muzikman
07-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Try turning off sleep mode completely.

_tMAN
07-17-2004, 12:12 PM
or your computer could be over heating
are your fans all clean and clear of dust?

mikey101
07-17-2004, 03:11 PM
sounds like your comp might be going into standby or turning your hard drive/monitor off at certain times. something you can try is right click on your desktop and go to properties. when the box pops up click on the Screen Saver tab at the top and look for the Monitor Power option below. Once you click on the "Power..." button it'll bring up a new box and in there you can adjust when you want your monitor/hdd to turn off and i'd suggest setting the System standby option to never. Also, set your Power Scheme to "Always On".

this might help..at least something to try, good luck!

impostal22
07-17-2004, 09:23 PM
sounds like your comp might be going into standby or turning your hard drive/monitor off at certain times. something you can try is right click on your desktop and go to properties. when the box pops up click on the Screen Saver tab at the top and look for the Monitor Power option below. Once you click on the "Power..." button it'll bring up a new box and in there you can adjust when you want your monitor/hdd to turn off and i'd suggest setting the System standby option to never. Also, set your Power Scheme to "Always On".

this might help..at least something to try, good luck!

already tried that...thanks though. although i just installed a new cpu fan/heatsink myself a few weeks ago...the temp is steady.

_tman that's what i was thinking maybe...but the fans are all clear of dust n stuff

muzikman- done already, thanks though

impostal22
07-19-2004, 01:02 AM
any other suggestions..?