PDA

View Full Version : just a question...

slade
07-17-2004, 06:57 PM
say you were at the fox 4 scenario today, and ran out of paint. you than put your barrel condom on your gun, raised your gun completely over your head and walked towards the exit. then someone behind the bunker right next to the exit shoots you two times in the mouth, and three times in the neck from 5 feet away as you walk past him. do you then A) drop your gun, dive over his bunker, and go for his neck, B) ask someone for a pod of paint and then light him up, or C) walk over to his bunker, tell him politely that you were already out as evidenced by the gun raised over your head, then knock him out with your tank and take his gun and sell it on ebay?

CaliWagon31
07-17-2004, 06:58 PM
i like option B

Head knight of Ni
07-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Break his Fingers Doc Nickel style :clap: :ninja:

nt2004
07-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Do nothing. This stuff happens. Lets say you are getting shot at at a scenario game with lots and lots of players from the opposing team all over the place. You poke out of a bunker and suddenly see someone standing in front of you. Of course your brain goes into panic mode and before you can fully analyze the situation, you pull the trigger a few times. Seems a bit more reasonable than how you said it.

Its paintball, everyone takes a few extra now and then.

personman
07-17-2004, 07:48 PM
c

lew
07-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Option C sounds quite reasonable.

decimator4
07-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I was at the fox 4 scenario also, and I had alot of the same problems. I hate walking across an empty field with your gun above your head and then u see a stream of paint coming at you... I only got hit about 4 times in the game but got about 15 welts.... Now onto your thing, the most reasonable would be C, but some people with less control might do the others

Blazestorm
07-17-2004, 08:12 PM
I tend to ignore it, I always get shot a lot... I suck :(

slade
07-17-2004, 08:26 PM
nt2004- a bit of clarification. he snapped out of the bunker looking somewhere else, paused about 2 seconds, and then pointed the gun at me and shot me. i have taken plenty of shots after im out, but most of the time it is right when i walk around a persons bunker, and they take a few shots before realizing their mistake. i decided to bring this up because he clearly had time to see the gun was over my head and the barrel bag was on, but shot anyway. the only thing that i can think of was that he thought i was pulling a dead mans walk, which is illegal (in which case he could have shot me ONCE in the chest).

penguinpunk555
07-17-2004, 08:28 PM
C

hobbesTZ
07-17-2004, 08:42 PM
I think if that were me I would have snapped and kicked his ***...especially if he just looked like a homo...I think that's un acceptable, he needs to use his head.

ilikePB
07-17-2004, 11:33 PM
C) walk over to his bunker, tell him politely that you were already out as evidenced by the gun raised over your head, then knock him out with your tank and take his gun and sell it on ebay.
Reason being, you got revenge by hitting him and taking his gun PLUS you get money from selling his gun on ebay.

_tMAN
07-17-2004, 11:54 PM
I would have contacted the head ref, or organizer and complained. Maybe get the guy in some trouble. I think going up next to him and telling him your on his team and ask for some paint. Then make him surrender, or just mow him down

AGDlover
07-18-2004, 12:14 AM
cant go wrong with C! :shooting: :ninja:

GotMag?
07-18-2004, 12:18 AM
D

ALL OF THE FREAKING ABOVE MAN, light him up after breaking his neck and selling his gun on ebay

Evil1
07-18-2004, 12:55 AM
As mad as you may get, don't ever, under any circumstances hit or attack anyone at a paintball field. I hit a guy a few times over a very similar instance a few years ago and the owner had me arrested. Luckily the charges were dropped from a misdemeanor to a violation. Now if I get shot like that anywhere, I will just wait until the next game and totally mow the guy. But yeah, do not ever hit anyone at a paintball field.

1ofkind
07-18-2004, 01:09 AM
I pick D, what ever that is.

Ah, if someone did that to me, I would have to hear what they would have to say about it. I would walk up to him and be like what the hell what that about? Blah blah blah watever happens from there I don't know. :cheers:

mkmckinley
07-18-2004, 02:06 AM
I agree with nt2004. I don't undrestand how some of you guys can be this livid. It sounds like some newbie got scared and overreacted. If you play the game you have to expect this kind of stuff to happen once in awhile and not whine about it when it does.:cry: We've all had a few bleeders they aren't that big a deal. If getting lit up once in awhile is enough to bring you to the the verge of assaulting what was most likely a twelve year old then don't play; you have some growing up to do. Control yourself tough guy.

-=Squid=-
07-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Id stop whining and walk off the field... but I guess I wouldnt be in this situation anyways because I dont play scenario games.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-18-2004, 05:24 AM
You play a dangerous game (i said game not sport too), expect some injuries or malbehavior

the larch
07-18-2004, 08:07 AM
coulda just kicked his bunker over :)

teufelhunden
07-18-2004, 08:35 AM
I agree with nt2004. I don't undrestand how some of you guys can be this livid. It sounds like some newbie got scared and overreacted. If you play the game you have to expect this kind of stuff to happen once in awhile and not whine about it when it does.:cry: We've all had a few bleeders they aren't that big a deal. If getting lit up once in awhile is enough to bring you to the the verge of assaulting what was most likely a twelve year old then don't play; you have some growing up to do. Control yourself tough guy.

Exactly. It's paintball. Get over it.

If he was shooting you for a DMW, he did the right thing by shooting you in the face and neck more than once. Paint will break on a mask more readily than it will break on flesh, and then you get some in the neck for pulling some stupid move like that. And maybe you weren't being as obvious as you state, so it's quite a possibility.

Won Hunglo
07-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Don't be a wuss. You have to make it known that you will not take it. Say "nice shot" and walk past him then take him down from behind when he is not looking. Throw his gun as far as you can while he is out cold. Make sure it hits a tree & breaks. Yea this is all wrong but it will NEVER happen again. Problem solved!

judster
07-18-2004, 09:49 AM
how about be a little smarter and not walk in front of a bunker. sorry you got shot but suck it up...it happens all the time.

decimator4
07-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Oh hahahaha I must have missed the last part of answer C. You know, the whole "hit with tank, steal gun, and sell it on Ebay" thing. Ya I dont think any of those are reasonable heh, tho some people might do them.

slade
07-18-2004, 12:39 PM
If getting lit up once in awhile is enough to bring you to the the verge of assaulting what was most likely a twelve year old then don't play; you have some growing up to do. Control yourself tough guy.
he was older than me, probably at least 20.

If he was shooting you for a DMW, he did the right thing by shooting you in the face and neck more than once. Paint will break on a mask more readily than it will break on flesh, and then you get some in the neck for pulling some stupid move like that. And maybe you weren't being as obvious as you state, so it's quite a possibility.
first of all, there is no way that a shot point blank at 280 fps would not break, especially since he was using evils. and i WASNT pulling a dmw. even if i had been, i would have been out anyway since i called myself out. and i didnt exagerate on having my gun fully over my head, with the barrel condom on.

how about be a little smarter and not walk in front of a bunker. sorry you got shot but suck it up...it happens all the time.
youd have to see the field, the bunkers positioned so that everyone who is out has to walk within 10 feet of it to leave the field.

JrnyFan1985
07-18-2004, 12:44 PM
the guy's a moron, just walk away and don't let it bother you. tell the field owner what happened though. there's probably lot's of witnesses who saw it happen. He should at least be warned much less thrown out.

Enemy
07-18-2004, 12:53 PM
you got hit 5 times thats overshooting tell a ref and they will pull him then you pull him aside and explain as he might not know that a gun over your head means your out and if you see him bonus ball anyone else during the day you will be forced to hurt the guy!!! i had one kid he bunkered my brother then his buddy ran around and took a few extra shots..if the kid wasnt so young i would have beat him down literally but he was young so a threat or two did the trick!!

wombo102
07-18-2004, 12:59 PM
go with c man. youll make some money dude

1ofkind
07-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Ah, yesturday I was playing and wwere witching sides. So as we were standing there waiting for whatever just messing around talking, this guy was holding his 98 custom rental sideways pointing it at me. Bymistake he pulls the trigger. Ouch, right into my side. I tried playing it off like it didn't hurt but it scared the crap out of me still :shooting: :wow: . I just brushed it over my shoulder.

wombo102
07-18-2004, 08:12 PM
well like i was playin somewhat of a speedball game not to long ago and one of the guy on bunker tagged me then when i was putting on the barrell condem the dude like pulls up his impy and shoots me 5 times in the head. i was like wtf man and he said he thought i was going to shoot him.

gorymonkey2
07-18-2004, 08:27 PM
all three at the same time

Bucky
07-18-2004, 10:20 PM
I don't this to sound like this is trying to show everyone up with a 'who can out do who' story, but i just to say what really happenedto me:

This has happened to me before at a Black Cat game about a year and a half ago. Put it like this, I was shot SO much I was forced to actually RUN off the field to protect myself (from the one guy i had approx. 54 welts. yes that number IS correct) because the guy shooting me wouldn't stop. He then proceded to shoot my team captain, co-captain, two of my teammates, and the ref who called us ALL neutral. It wasn't a suprise, aparently we had "bounties" on our heads and the more people shot us, the more prizes they got? We didn't find it too funny. So, my teammates and I only got a half scenarios worth of play, instead of both days. We felt it was best to leave before things got too escalated and didn't want any of our players or theirs to get seriously hurt.

Blazestorm
07-18-2004, 10:22 PM
At tournies, when my team gets rolled (happens every game! :D) I yell at the other team saying "You suck. You only shot me once!" cause getting bonus-balled is fun, then you get something to do after the game... count your welts :p but what really sucks is getting shot in the ***... I got bonus-balled in the *** twice yesterday, I'd be walking and bam, I'd go OMGWTF and start :bounce: to the exit

SlipknotX556
07-18-2004, 10:34 PM
If I get shot in the butt, my pants have butt padding, so I dont feel it. I love that padding. Saved me alot, lol.

Blazestorm
07-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Well I got shot below the padding both times :(

Poooop

SniperSmurf
07-19-2004, 02:58 AM
the only thing that i can think of was that he thought i was pulling a dead mans walk, which is illegal (in which case he could have shot me ONCE in the chest).

AAAARRRRGGGGHH!!! You just hit a sore spot with me on that one! I hate those :cuss: cheating :cuss: !!! This has got to be THE most pathetic tactic employed, and it's not illegal everywhere. I've played at a field where it was a fairly common occurrence (dare I say, even encouraged), and hence, a lot of people who were actually out got shot several times. Needless to say, I never played there again and let them know in no uncertain terms my reason. Stupid punks... :mad: They should all get a swift :shooting: to the :cuss:

chairman_mao
07-19-2004, 09:40 AM
First off Fox4 is top notch field and the proprietors are very accomidating and helpful. Did you tell a ref or management about the instance? I'm sure they would have been more than happy to address the problem. Also you were at a scenario so the sheer volume of people invite stuff like this happening. Having played there a fair amount I'm guessing the kid by the exit was a newbie and he was probably 12, not that it's an excuse but cut him some slack if that's the case he probably freaked when he saw you right on top of him.

BE4life182
07-19-2004, 10:15 AM
doesnt happen to me much cause i hate being bonused balled. i usally walk around yelling im out, im out! at our locl field we have mercy flags any way.