PDA

View Full Version : RT body on an Automag Body Rail ???

Paintchucker
10-18-2001, 09:15 AM
I was wondering if the RT Body would mount on a standard Automag Body Rail??? Has anyone tried this? I have an extra valve since I got my Retro Valve, and I have an extra body rail since I got the splash kit. I found a decent deal for a chrome RT Body on Ebay and was wondering if I could use that to make a second gun...

Thanks in Advance,
Rob

Potatoboy
10-18-2001, 09:33 AM
I think maybe you found my RT body. But anyway, You can not put an RT body on a Automag rail, and you can't put an Automag valve in a RT body.

Chris
10-18-2001, 11:05 AM
The RT body will fit in the automag rail, however, the automag, minimag body will not fit on the RT rail.

-Chris

Potatoboy
10-18-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Chris
The RT body will fit in the automag rail, however, the automag, minimag body will not fit on the RT rail.

I don't think it will. Granted I could be wrong, but even it if did fit on an Automag rail, the RT rail is gas through and tha valve gets the gas from the rail itself. Remember we're talking RT, not RTPro.

Chris
10-18-2001, 11:22 AM
If you dont believe me, take it from the horses mouth.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12914

The RT takes the gas from the body rail itself, through a banjo bolt and then into the valve. The gas never passes through the mainbody, only a hollow portion of the rail and then up the Banjo bolt, which is a field strip screw that has been enlarged and hollowed out to allow air to flow through.

-Chris

Potatoboy
10-18-2001, 11:30 AM
The RT takes the gas from the body rail itself, through a banjo bolt and then into the valve. The gas never passes through the mainbody, only a hollow portion of the rail and then up the Banjo bolt, which is a field strip screw that has been enlarged and hollowed out to allow air to flow through.

I know that, That's why a Automag rail won't work. It isn't hollow or have the holes on the side to attach an air source to.

If you dont believe me, take it from the horses mouth.

That thread only mentions the RT at the bottom of the picture and merely states that it is different. Nowhere is the RT mentioned in any of the "You can use blank with blank section."

Chris
10-18-2001, 11:36 AM
Let me clarify then, the body from the RT would fit on an automag rail, however you would have no valve unless you did some cutting.

-Chris

Gunga
10-18-2001, 11:37 AM
Uhh...guys. Lookie up at the 'classic' posts at the beginning of the Tech Forum. More specifically, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12914

All your questions shall be answered!

Chris
10-18-2001, 11:38 AM
I already posted that link ;)

-Chris

Paintchucker
10-18-2001, 12:00 PM
LOL... I think I was better off with the answer of "NO"...

From looking at the pictures, it seems like the RT Body would screw into the standard automag body rail, albeit it is round and not squared off.

I understand the comments about the gas-through RT body rail, but those don't concern me.

Specifically, I want to take my minimag valve, my stock automag body rail and mount them together with the RT Body to make a new gun... Will it work or not???

Chris
10-18-2001, 12:05 PM
If you cut out some of the back half of the RT body, it will work.

-Chris

Potatoboy
10-18-2001, 12:29 PM
If I remember correctly it will not work because the valves have different Diameters.

Gunga
10-18-2001, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Chris
I already posted that link ;)

-Chris

Uhmmmm...I knew that. ;)