PDA

View Full Version : My AA Raptor Leaks, Help!!!!

Dawg047
07-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey, I got a used AA 114ci/3000psi tank. I got my tank filled today and it is leaking air out of a very small hole on the side of the reg. When the tank pressure got down to about 500-900 psi, I shot my gun and it stopped leaking. I oiled the reg and everything seems alright except I have no idea if it will leak again when I get it filled again and I don't know what the small whole is for. I also do not know if maybe a very small screw should go into the whole or if the whole is there for something else. I also know about the lifetime warranty but I want to try to fix this myself. Any input will be well appreciated. Thanks.

lew
07-17-2004, 08:06 PM
I had the exact same problem. Same tank and all. It leaked down to about 400 psi. Unfortunately for you, I have no solution. I have two other tanks to use, so I set that one aside for the time being.

SeeK
07-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey, I got a used AA 114ci/3000psi tank. I got my tank filled today and it is leaking air out of a very small hole on the side of the reg. When the tank pressure got down to about 500-900 psi, I shot my gun and it stopped leaking. I oiled the reg and everything seems alright except I have no idea if it will leak again when I get it filled again and I don't know what the small whole is for. I also do not know if maybe a very small screw should go into the whole or if the whole is there for something else. I also know about the lifetime warranty but I want to try to fix this myself. Any input will be well appreciated. Thanks.

It just needs the reg. o-ring replaced. It's a common problem. It's also the same size as the classic valve reg. o-ring.

Degass it and you can remove the hex nut under the regulation screw and spring. The o-ring looks just like an HPA piston.

Phil
07-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Air America has a lifetime warranty. Call them and get the correct part.

Dawg047
07-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Seek- I took the nut out and the oring is hooked on a "bullet casing looking thing", Is this the oring because it looks decent but I will replace it. Thanks

Phil- I know about the warranty. Will Air America send me the part or do I have to send it in? Thanks

Thanks