PDA

View Full Version : Alright AGD, whats the deal: RT effect?

GT
07-17-2004, 08:55 PM
SO,
I have had this "feeling" for awhile now that Xvalves are not as reactive as SS retro valves. IS there any truth to this or is it all in my head?

Steelrat
07-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Z-man, who is Mr. Reactive, has been saying the same thing for a while now.

GT
07-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Z-man, who is Mr. Reactive, has been saying the same thing for a while now.

I have this feeling AGD has been making a "tourney" friendly version of the X/retro for sometime now. just wondering how he did it? decrease the pressure of the trigger return?

spacedtedybear
07-17-2004, 09:20 PM
I have this feeling AGD has been making a "tourney" friendly version of the X/retro for sometime now. just wondering how he did it? decrease the pressure of the trigger return?
He probably lengthened the on/off pins.

punkncat
07-17-2004, 09:24 PM

I think that simply having "RT" on the side of the valve causes problems with fields. Don't the valves only have the X now ?

My marker was called "illegal" for an all mech tourney , under a no RT rule. I can understand this calling for a Tippmann RT or the old reactive trigger , but the new ones just aren't the same thing. If it hadn't had the RT (its an X valved RTP) on it nothing would have ever been said.

GotMag?
07-17-2004, 09:30 PM
i cant get my rt pro valve to bounce really, however tippmans are so crazy, i think they might be toning down and putting X on them so, no one will complain

punkncat
07-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah , my buddy's got a T-98C with the RT kit. When you run it off CO2 there is not a hopper made that can feed this thing. It gets in a groove and EVERYONE ducks their head.

AGD
07-17-2004, 11:01 PM
We didn't design the X-valve to be less reactive but we did add to the air chamber by drilling holes down the sides of the valve body. That would make it a hair less reactive.

AGD

Blazestorm
07-17-2004, 11:12 PM
www.sgclan.net/shootin.wmv

I have no problem shooting fast :D

I did an audio check, 19-20 :eek:

GT
07-17-2004, 11:49 PM
That would make it a hair less reactive.

AGD

MMMMUUUUUHAHAHAHAHHA!

That truth shal set you FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

thanks for the reply TK, :headbang:

_tMAN
07-17-2004, 11:50 PM
the only thing that was fast enough for my tippy with response trigger was an eggy, and even then it sometimes outshot it. I did a few extra mods to the Rt though. But it is good that they are banned from tournies, any noob could pick one up and go crazy with it.

GT
07-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Last question,

is this something you guys started with the X valves or on earlier valves like the RTP's?

Z-man
07-18-2004, 12:14 AM
As I recall, this change started with the RT Pro series. The earlier retro valves and the RT valves on the Classic RT are the eariler faster design. Now I don't know if you can even tell the difference but I like to think that the Classic RT I have is the fastest AGD valve on the market.

Strider
07-21-2004, 03:14 PM
I've tech'ed a few of each flavor now, and they all performed similar... Course, you guys have probably seen a whole lot more than me. :)

Igotu
07-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Were rt's with responce always banned or were there good ol days when rt's ruled the field.

space_weazel_45
07-22-2004, 03:21 AM
We didn't design the X-valve to be less reactive but we did add to the air chamber by drilling holes down the sides of the valve body. That would make it a hair less reactive.

AGD
5,015 posts that say he cares. heheheheh

GT
07-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Were rt's with responce always banned or were there good ol days when rt's ruled the field.

Back in the day it wasnt a big deal for 2 reasons,

1. rt was so dam fast it would just destroy paint. if you have never shot a bouncing mech gun w/o lvlx then you havnt lived :headbang:

2. loaders were to slow. does it really matter how much a gun can bouce when a revy can maybe run 12bps.

Igotu
07-22-2004, 12:08 PM
So did the rt used to rule the field or was it overkill.

Evil Bob
07-22-2004, 12:16 PM
It was too damn fast in cycling rate to rule anything much more then a squeegee, it was where the mag got it's long lived "blender" moniker.

-Evil Bob

BlackVCG
07-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I guess you just have to really know what's going on inside that valve to realize that there is no difference between the X-Valve and the RT-Valve if they're setup properly. :ninja:

The holes down the side of the X-Valve were to reduce weight in the valve and by drilling the holes the dump chamber size increased. Increased volume means a lower chamber pressure and let's see if someone can tell me why that would "decrease" the reactivity. ;)

Blazestorm
07-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Lower pressure in the chamber means less pressure recharging the on/off pin... so instead of 850-psi behind the trigger, the larger volume chamber lowers the pressure, so say 700-psi is now behind the trigger, versus 850. Meaning it's going to have a harder time pushing the trigger back against your finger.

My gun has constant run-away though, x-valve with a screw-in tank. You'll see at the AO day :D

REDRT
07-22-2004, 09:51 PM
It was too damn fast in cycling rate to rule anything much more then a squeegee, it was where the mag got it's long lived "blender" moniker.

-Evil Bob

Right on Evil Bob! :rofl: !! I remember bailing over bunkers with a squeegee on the end of my barrel before LvL 10. Marblizer and Proball were the only two paints I could shoot out of it without blending more than 1/2 the case. When it was on, newbee's ran in fear though. With markers like A4's, trix, timmys, so on so forth it doesn't seem that fast anymore, but it still can get the job done.