PDA

View Full Version : Huge Problem With My Mag! Need Help Now!

tzustratagy
07-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Hello everyone.

I was told that in order to clean the mag easily after a hard days use, i could stick it a bucket of clean water and swish it around. I was also told that a hose could be a handy substitute. So at my local field, after i was done playing, i cleaned out my gun (it was pressurized, of course!). However, after i finished cleaning, i decided to fire a few dry shots in order to dry out the inside. After the first three shots, the level 10 bolt started to act as if it was bumping into my finger or something. Regardless, it was resetting with the breech compleatly clear! Suddenly, the little "button" behind the trigger recessed into the frame, and it would not fire any more! Now everytime i pressurize the marker, i hear the air going into the valve, but the button behind the trigger doesent blow foreward like it's supposed to. Could it be a problem with the bolt? Did I do a bad thing with the water?
PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you so much in advanced!

craltal
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
First off, it's not a button, it's the trigger rob, which is connected to the Sear, which activates the on/off assembly. If your on/ off isn't re-setting, the trigger rod won't either. It sounds like you need to do 2 things:

1) Read the manual. If you don't have a copy go to:
http://www.airgun.con/images/automan.pdf

2) completely disassemble, clean, dry, and oil it.

afultz075
07-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Your on/off probably just needs oil, you wouldn't believe how much those things can stick if they aren't lubed regularly.

tzustratagy
07-17-2004, 10:51 PM
how do i oil it?

CaliMagFan
07-17-2004, 11:00 PM
turn up your velocity about a 1/4 turn... sounds like you're not pushing enough pressure in teh valve to reset everything.

---kyro

afultz075
07-17-2004, 11:09 PM
how do i oil it?

Pull your on/off assembly out of the bottom of the valve, take the on/off pin out of the assembly, put a VERY generous amount of oil on it, put the on/off assembly back into the valve.

Even if that isn't the problem, make your you do that after every day of play, I can tell when my friend doesn't oil his minimag on/off just by shooting the gun.

tzustratagy
07-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Pull your on/off assembly out of the bottom of the valve, take the on/off pin out of the assembly, put a VERY generous amount of oil on it, put the on/off assembly back into the valve.

Even if that isn't the problem, make your you do that after every day of play, I can tell when my friend doesn't oil his minimag on/off just by shooting the gun.

where is the on/off assembly located, and how do i find the pin/pull it out?
Thanks in advanced!

afultz075
07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Have you taken your mag apart yet? Pull the valve out and look on the underside of it, that round, button looking piece (on/off top) with a smaller round object in the center (smaller object is the top of the on/off pin, that is what needs lubed after you take it out) is what needs to come out.

I can usually get the on/off assembly out with the help of my fingernail, the whole assembly may or may not come out as you pull out the on/off top, if the pin doesn't come out along with the on/off top, take a pair of tweezers and pull it out.

Here's the diagram of the valve to help: http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

It's a piece of cake after you do it for the first time.

afultz075
07-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Also, I forgot to ask, you do have a classic mag / minimag, right?

If you have an RT Pro the on/off looks a little different, but it's on the same spot on the RT valve and the on/off assembly is two pieces threaded together that need unscrewed to get the on/off pin out. If you do have a classic/minimag then disregard what I just said :)

tzustratagy
07-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Also, I forgot to ask, you do have a classic mag / minimag, right?

If you have an RT Pro the on/off looks a little different, but it's on the same spot on the RT valve and the on/off assembly is two pieces threaded together that need unscrewed to get the on/off pin out. If you do have a classic/minimag then disregard what I just said :)

I have a ULe RT Pro with a Y frame and X valve :D

tzustratagy
07-18-2004, 12:56 AM
is there a diagram for the X valve?

Thanks in advanced!

Venom523
07-18-2004, 01:12 AM
;)
is there a diagram for the X valve?

Thanks in advanced!

Here is a link to the RT/ X valve parts diagram found in the AGD online store.
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=201&categoryID=22