PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!

tzustratagy
07-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Hello everyone.

I was told that in order to clean the mag easily after a hard days use, i could stick it a bucket of clean water and swish it around. I was also told that a hose could be a handy substitute. So at my local field, after i was done playing, i cleaned out my gun (it was pressurized, of course!). However, after i finished cleaning, i decided to fire a few dry shots in order to dry out the inside. After the first three shots, the level 10 bolt started to act as if it was bumping into my finger or something. Regardless, it was resetting with the breech compleatly clear! Suddenly, the little "button" behind the trigger recessed into the frame, and it would not fire any more! Now everytime i pressurize the marker, i hear the air going into the valve, but the button behind the trigger doesent blow foreward like it's supposed to. Could it be a problem with the bolt? Did I do a bad thing with the water?
PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you so much in advanced!

abunkerer
07-18-2004, 02:45 PM
dont put your gun in water, thats generally a bad idea. the water can cause oxidation, rust, this would be really bad.

sounds like you washed the oil out of the gun. I would take the entire gun apart wipe it down with an oil cloth and relube/grease everything. and put about 8 drops of pbgun oil in the airline and dry fire a lot.

For cleaning the gun you should just wipe it everything down with a clean rag.

JrnyFan1985
07-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I would take the entire gun apart wipe it down with an oil cloth and relube/grease everything. What type of grease should you use to lube the springs? Just wondering, in case i wanna clean everything in the gun and i remove the old grease.

abunkerer
07-19-2004, 01:25 AM
dow33 works, its the smart parts shocker white lihium grease. I used dupont teflon grease with success. slick honey seems to be the rage now, and i have to admit it is nice stuff. gold cup oil, or Kermode paintball gun oil is tops. any paintball gun oil and grease will work fine on a mag. -good luck!

warbeak2099
07-19-2004, 08:59 PM
So if I just had a bottle of gold cup oil I'd be fine? Is grease different from oil and if so, what parts do you grease as opposed to oiling?

abunkerer
07-19-2004, 09:26 PM
yeah, gold cup oil is fine, that's really all you need.
However, I use good paintball gun grease on high contact areas, grease is thicker than oil, so it stays in place longer, but it dosent get into cracks and impossible to reach places like oil.
I grease the bolt and spring. i'd also put a very light coat on the bolt stem of my LX bolt, and on/off pin.