PDA

View Full Version : What is the best thing you have ever won?

UltimatePaintballer
07-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Not from a game or anything but a drawing of some sort.

When i was in 2nd grade i won a folder and two pencils from a drawing. thats it, i sign up for billions of things but nothing

what have you won?

ryanshep
07-17-2004, 11:46 PM
i won a cake in kindergarten...

Rather
07-17-2004, 11:48 PM
I won some trip to a day spa for my mother.... Not really something I won... just something i won for someone else.... everything else i hae i either have to pay for or work hard to get. :(

viper_ssc
07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
I won $1915 last year at Spartan Speedway.

danheneise
07-18-2004, 12:09 AM
hmm... let's see here... um... i don't think i have won any thing, well unless... I guess i sort of "won" L10 shims from roguefactor when he forgot to bring them to a pb outting i had... or not... nope i haven't won anything... ever i usually get free stuff by either other peoples mistakes or them not wanting it anymore.

_tMAN
07-18-2004, 12:19 AM
I've won lots of little things but the most fun one that I won was a 5' tall Mushu from Mulan. Thing is still in my basement wearing paintball clothes and holding my mask

GotMag?
07-18-2004, 12:35 AM
is that all you use him for? a clothes rack? the only thing i've won was a free 20oz coke

_tMAN
07-18-2004, 12:36 AM
GotMag? I don't know what you're getting at but please don't reitterate.

gamarada717
07-18-2004, 12:44 AM
In 5th grade i went to the regional science fair, and there's an award that all of the college profesors give, and it's for what they thought was the most scientific of all the projects there, even the highschool kids, and I got the medal for it. :)

-=Squid=-
07-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Not me, but at a Kansas City tournement a few months ago cody (teammate) won a freaking black magic cocker.

Right as they were about to announce the winner, we were walking the field, and cody is all, "Man Nick, you win everything, and you will prolly win this too." BAM! He wins! It was freaking hilarious/awesome.

Anyways... as for me... I won 12 dollars at some church lockin thing.

Warewolf50
07-18-2004, 12:59 AM
I won somehtig like 60 dollars at the horse track last year, but then my dad, who had bought my ticket since im under 18, took my money re beat it then lost. I normally never win anyting. At SEAO during the raffle bout everyone won somethign except me, it was soo depressing. Whe i was litle i won a gigantic stuffed dragon from mc donalds or someting like that.

Blennidae
07-18-2004, 01:11 AM
I won an Emag. ;) :D

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-18-2004, 01:17 AM
I won backstage passes to meet my favorite band, and didnt know I won them until a week after the concert had come to my town :mad:

Miscue
07-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Urm, I got a $400 subwoofer in a contest... $300 DVD player in a drawing a couple months later (I gave it away actually)... and a TI-92 in a math contest that I used for many years. I think the calculator was the best prize.

pbzmag
07-18-2004, 01:50 AM
About $300 from the LV slots when I turned 21. :D

PyRo
07-18-2004, 02:06 AM
I won $50 in a poetry contest a while ago. Apparently I can write very good childrens poems, they probably published it and made millions off of what I got $50 for. Do the schools get paid for forceing students to enter contests or somthing?

$15 on a scratch off lottery ticket
$10 on them a couple times
A bunch of $1-$5 prizes on the scratch off's

Tons of soda and fast food. You know the burger king things where one square wins, the other looses. I managed to call mine and all my friends tonight 8 in all, i'm damn good :) (they were all the bottom square).

I won a tie in kindergarden

Some other little things.
A girlfriend won tickets to some huge basketball thing on a sprite bottle and I think the airfare, hotel and such was all covered and didn't go.

I don't need to win things, I find them in the garbage :)

Bad_Dog
07-18-2004, 02:49 AM
well my family has won quite a bit...

when I was in 3rd grade we won a hot-tub from a local radio station...

when I was in 5th grade we won a lazy-boy recliner from the same radio station...

when I was in 6th grade we won a weber grill from that same darn radio station, came with a free backyard party catred by the station for us and 20 friends... good thing my mom enters every stinkin contest... eh?

Ironmag
07-18-2004, 03:29 AM
I won a Replay TV system (worth $500) from a radio station contest. That has been the only thing that I've won that is of a higher value than a 20oz. soda.

fire1811
07-18-2004, 05:39 AM
well dont know if i "won" it but i recieved a firefighter of the year award last year. huge trophy thing on it, which was pretty cool

NJPaint
07-18-2004, 06:14 AM
I won a raffle at Six Flags Great Adventure for a trip for two to the Bahamas, but then they told me that I had to be 21 or older to go on the trip :(.

MarkM
07-18-2004, 07:58 AM
I have over the the years won many raffles but the "best" prize had to be when I was out of work and with my last 40p (0.70c) I won a raffle that won a huge stuffed Elephant that I gave to my mum as her birthday present.
I could include Ebay auctions but those aren't really prizes

CasingBill
07-18-2004, 08:06 AM
I called into the Rocky Allen Show when it was on WABC and won a Sega Dreamcast.

cabldawg
07-18-2004, 08:06 AM
I think the best thing I won was "sportsmanship award" from the oppossing general at a scenario game

FragTek
07-18-2004, 10:12 AM
I won the Lottery!!!!!

$2 from a scratch ticket :)

dwab3000
07-18-2004, 10:55 AM
one time i wo a pair of shoes....

another time 500 and some odd freakin bucks...it was this thing were you guess how much moneys in the jar, kinda like they do with jely beans...

i bought an e-blade that night :argh:

Warewolf50
07-18-2004, 11:08 AM
I won $50 in a poetry contest a while ago. Apparently I can write very good childrens poems, they probably published it and made millions off of what I got $50 for. Do the schools get paid for forceing students to enter contests or somthing?

$15 on a scratch off lottery ticket
$10 on them a couple times
A bunch of $1-$5 prizes on the scratch off's

Tons of soda and fast food. You know the burger king things where one square wins, the other looses. I managed to call mine and all my friends tonight 8 in all, i'm damn good :) (they were all the bottom square).

I won a tie in kindergarden

Some other little things.
A girlfriend won tickets to some huge basketball thing on a sprite bottle and I think the airfare, hotel and such was all covered and didn't go.

I don't need to win things, I find them in the garbage :)

U know if u get a flashlight and hold it up to the back of those tickets u can look through them and see which one is the winner and which one is the looser.

fuzzynutzipper
07-18-2004, 11:22 AM
I won a duck hunt from one of my hunters safety teachers. I didn't hit a darn thing either!

PyRo
07-18-2004, 11:28 AM
U know if u get a flashlight and hold it up to the back of those tickets u can look through them and see which one is the winner and which one is the looser.
Have you tried it? I'm pretty sure if that were true gas station owners would be winning the lottery alot more often.

CaptaiN_JacK
07-18-2004, 11:37 AM
I think he means the Spiderman scratch-offs, not the lottery tickets.

punkncat
07-18-2004, 12:24 PM
The best thing I ever won....

I was calling in to a radio station to make a request. I had no idea there was any sort of contest going on at all.

When they picked up the phone dude was "Congrads! You are caller so and so , and if you can tell us 5 things that go with chili" Or something stupid like that.I answered the question and won tickets to see the band Live w/ backstage passes.

It just gets better from here though.

They entered me into a grand prize drawing for them to fly you to Hershey PA to see Live at their opening show. Now I am not a big Live fan , but this seemed cool , fun ,and best of all FREE TO ME ! So I was pretty cool with it , I mean after all it was a drawing w/ loads of other entrants.

A couple of days later I get a call from a Guy named Jeff Daniels w/ MCA records. He tells me congrads I had won the grand prize drawing to see Live at their opening show in Hershey Penn.

He then asks me "Martin, are you a big Live fan?"

I say "well no , I mean I like them , but I don't want hair or articles of clothing in a jar..."

He proceeds then to tell me how the logistics of this contests grand prize was not well thought out. In order to get to Hershey required you to land in one place and then have a 4 hour limo drive into town. A town that contained a college and a famous chocolate factory.

Now unless we were insane Live fans , or really into chocolate , this looked like it would be a really boring outing. So instead we were sent to Las Vegas. Stayed in Ceasars Palace, with spending cash. And we also got to keep the tickets to see Live back at home.

Pretty good for a chance phone call , huh?

bunkermaster10
07-18-2004, 01:07 PM
I won a fishing pole at this bmx/fishing/hunting/a lot of stuff show. It was crappy though. I won best hair in 8th grade and in 9th I tied w/ my best friend at homecoming as freshmen kings (forgot what it was called for freshman.)

But nothing real cool though :(

skife
07-18-2004, 07:38 PM
You know the burger king things where one square wins, the other looses

i win alot.
of course i'm friends with the managers at my local BK so sometimes fry boxes just happen to fall on the floor. or be stolen *whistles innocently*

umm yeah, like pyro said, i dont need to win anything, i find it in the trash also.

ShooterJM
07-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Not too much

Box seats + backstage passes to a DMB concert

A sweet equipment bag.

Think that's about it. I need to enter more contests obviously!

Or find a good trash picking area like Pyro! :clap: :ninja:

BE4life182
07-19-2004, 10:37 AM
i won a creed cd at a dance. :wow: :headbang: :headbang: