PDA

View Full Version : new mask time

jdaniels
07-18-2004, 10:13 PM
i am looking for a new mask i have a jt that i got on the clearance isle at walmart that i put a thermal lens in and it works great but it is to hard to get the lens in and out to clean it. I would like to know what you guys use and how easy it is to clean the lens.

Duck Hunt
07-18-2004, 10:24 PM
I use a JT proflex and I love it. Just got it actually. I stayed with JT because I need to wear glasses and the only inserts out there fit the best in JT's. There are alot of comfy masks out there like Profilers and Dye's but JTs are very comfy and cheaper too. Check out http://www.xpaintball.com they have the one I have for 56 bucks! pretty cheap too. The Flex's are nice because they have a soft bottom that balls bounce off and you can curl up incase you need a drink and you're still in the play zone. Check them out!

Sean

No sKiLLz
07-18-2004, 10:27 PM
i am looking for a new mask i have a jt that i got on the clearance isle at walmart that i put a thermal lens in and it works great but it is to hard to get the lens in and out to clean it. I would like to know what you guys use and how easy it is to clean the lens.
Easiest lenses to change would be the V-force goggle systems. Check out Profilers or Morphs. If you are very budget concious, try Shields.

chasden
07-18-2004, 10:31 PM
In the ten years or so I've played paintball I've only used JT masks; JT makes really good masks. I currently wear the Proteus Chameleon. I think the Proteus is just about as good as any mask you can buy: comfortable, breathes well, great lenses (hardly ever fog), looks cool, and has a small profile.

LeatherPants
07-18-2004, 10:31 PM
JT has a new version of the Pro Flex. It really isn't much different than the current one but the changed the frame around the lense a tad. JT Spectra lenses are easy to find, change and have so many options of colors.

SlipknotX556
07-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Get a proflex or a profiler.

Head knight of Ni
07-18-2004, 10:47 PM
I would suggest Vforces. The lenses have some of the best optical clearity and are VERY easy to remove and clean. I love my Morphs. :clap:

LeatherPants
07-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Watch out for the Profiler. I've started to see more and more of them tear. The front mount area tears and I have even seen on that is tearing on the side where the flexable part meets the hard plastic.

thump
07-18-2004, 11:08 PM
i use to wear a jt mask.i bought a profiler when they first came out.the profiler is the best mask i have used/tried.
if you where glasses there is lots of room for them,they are easy to remove the lens from,,,jsut takes seconds.and the best part,,they are very comfortable!
i know thay are a little more money then other masks but its money well spent .
my mask has never fogged up on me.
IMO its the best mask out right now.

Blazestorm
07-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Profiler, Profiler, Profiler

The one thing you don't skimp on is your eyes... Profiler = The best.

You can have a DM4 with all the goodies, but if you have POS goggles that fog, are uncomfortable, have bad vision, and don't stay on your head, you'll get pwnt.

*pets profiler*

firebanex
07-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Vforce profiler is simple the best mask i have used i say every one should get one if they wern't on the expensive side... but hey you pay for quality.

GotMag?
07-19-2004, 02:25 AM
am i gonna have to be the first to mention the jt axiom-10 or w/e, it has two switches thast you cpin to get it out, yeah, i hate how hard it is to get the lens outta my jt pro-flex

guysdaman
07-19-2004, 04:26 AM
I have a v-force Morph and since I started playnig back in 94 it is the best mask I have ever used! Now I am hearing good things about the profiler and I will most likely try em' when both of my morphs give out. Uber easy lense changing, excellent field of view, and it as NEVER fogged on me yet! The trick to maintaining them is to not clean them with any thing but water and a microfiber or soft lense type cleaner cloth. I have had both mine for over 2 years and they ROCK! Plus they come with a bag. To keep the lense from getting dorked up when your not out ballin'.

gc82000
07-19-2004, 06:54 AM
On Guam there are not that many people that use profilers or any type of v force masks. Unless they like neck shots. I still use a Spectra Prosheild and it has never let me down. And yeah clean it with water and a soft cloth, and you should be cool.

BE4life182
07-19-2004, 09:33 AM
v-force

nuff said

logamus
07-19-2004, 12:41 PM
i say go for a morph. same lense as the profilers plus the lense clips are attached to the strap so you cant really lose them. i just dont think the profiler is $30-40 better than a morph. its a good mask, but is it that much better than a morph, i dont think so.

veteranmag
07-19-2004, 03:58 PM
The Vforce are great - best lens (in terms of clarity) and really easy to remove. Weakness is that the anti-fog coating wears off over time. Don't try to clean the inside of the lens (only rinse with water), otherwise the antifog coating will come off completely - I learned the hard way.

The JT are a pain to take off the lens, but with practice it's not bad at all. I wound up going back to my JT Spectra. A couple of hints if you stick with the JT. remove the lens in this order 1. remove face and side mask, 2. use your thumbs to pop off the google frame off the top center tab, then the other two top tabs, then the outer, bottom tabs, and finally the tabs on the bottom near the nose. I used a sharp thin blade to make the tabs slightly longer (not too much or the lens could come loose).

When cleaning, never use running water with thermal lens (some could leak in between the two lenses and leave streaks and stains). Use a damp cloth to clean paint off the lens (be extra careful with the inner surface or you'll scratch it. Use an old toothbrush with a little bit of water to clean off any paint near the outer edge of the lenses.

when re-assemblying, following my directions above in reverse - ie lower, nose tabs first, then lower tabs, ... etc. With a little practice you can take off and re-assemble JT lenses in a little over a minute.

Good luck.

v_3Sterns
07-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I prefer my vforce morph over my JT spectras.....the vforce just gives you that extra tidbit of viewing area that you take for granted until you try putting JTs or Dyes on.

All I know is when I don't use my vforce morphs I feel like I have tunnel vision.

Head knight of Ni
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
All I know is when I don't use my vforce morphs I feel like I have tunnel vision.

Agreed! I went from my morph to my buddies nVader to find a pod and it was like having a figgen brick over my face. I pretty much dont notice my Morph when I'm playing.