PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with jt emotion shin guards

talls
10-18-2001, 03:22 PM
I havent been playing with my shin guards the last couple of weeks because when I slide on my knees they ride down towards my ankles. So I started thinking and got an idea, what if you got some velcrow(sp?) and sewed one side to some pant legs and the other on the inside of the pads? This way they sould stick much better. I was just wondering what all ya'll thought about this, and if ya'll were having the same problems.

Monsta
10-18-2001, 07:35 PM
Ya I had the same problem. The Idea you had about adding velcrow to what ever pants you wear is a quick fix. If you don't have the time, just slide next time feet first aka Baseball slide. This problem with the pads slipping down only happend to me a twice out of the whole day, just try to get the straps around tighter thats all. Oh and make sure when wearing baggy pants that they are tucked into the straps in the back, this could also solve your problem

Russ
10-18-2001, 07:51 PM
I got the JT e-motion shin guards. I always wear them UNDER my pants. They never move, and they're comfortable

SIGSays
10-18-2001, 08:23 PM
would you guys get these shing guards over the redz ones?

Monsta
10-18-2001, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SIGSays
would you guys get these shing guards over the redz ones?

All the way. Definitely get The Jt's then the Redz. On the other hand Redz makes everything else so good except for there knee pads. 1 reason why, cause the Redz knee pads are way way to tight and you can't bend your knee with them cause there is no sliver space between your knee and your shines. There is also so many people that say the Redz heat up to much during the summer and puts to much pressure on your knee

CESF_Specter
10-18-2001, 10:30 PM
Well im a mountain biker and a paintball player so i use fox 911 knee shin guards for both. They are exactly like the JTs except they dont have the rails for the plastic to slide on. They work really well if you wear them underneath your pants and are availible at every bike shop for $75 USD and $107 CAN.

the123
10-19-2001, 11:29 AM
I know most of us here are Rec Ballers, but i'd like to point out that if you play any tournaments that have NPPL rules then you might like to know that you must wear all pads on the outside of your clothes. I agree with you though, wearing the pads underneath is the best way to go for protection.
The rule makers there are really trying to curb cheating.
Brian