PDA

View Full Version : New Apple iPods

Bluestrike_2
07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Well, Apple has released a new iPod. Announcing the 4g iPod.

http://images.apple.com/ipod/images/indexipod_20040719a.gif

12 hours of battery life! 20gb and 40gb models.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html
http://www.apple.com/ipod/

Also, for everyone with an iPod out there, a new update has been released.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

Just posting this as a service as there are many posts about iPods surfacing.

New for Click Wheel iPods(Curious as to whether or not this applies to iPod mini....)
- Shuffle songs with one click
- Create multiple On-The-Go playlists
- Delete songs from On-The-Go playlists
- Select reading playback speed for audiobooks
- Hear the clicker user interface sound through headphones
- Charge via USB 2.0 connection
- Enjoy improved playback performance

Updates for iPod with a Dock connector and iPod mini
- Compatibility with iTunes 4.5 or later and the iTunes Music Store
- Improved playback performance
- Support for the Apple Lossless Encoder, to enable compressed music encoding at high quality

Updates for iPod without a Dock connector
- Compatibility with iTunes 4.5 or later and the iTunes Music Store
- Improved playback performance

durtysoufcraka
07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
awwww, now i've got to buy a new one :( . no fair.
-durty

The Spanish Inquisition
07-19-2004, 10:29 PM
well I don't think I like the placement of the buttons, but I havn't played with it yet. 12hr battery life sounds great though.

As for the new update im a little scepicle. I am still using the originall software for mine becuase the last update decreased my battery life by alot, about 45 minutes. Also I like the bar meter beter it's more accurate than the new battery meter.

anyone else have probelms with newer software?

Bluestrike_2
07-19-2004, 10:38 PM
The new update really doesn't do much, if anything for the 3g iPods, and possibly the minis. Those are pretty much the same as last time. Then theres all kinds of cool stuff for the new ones(4g).

Grr....

On another note, the click wheel is the same(maybe bigger though)as the iPod mini's. Nice when going throuh menus and such.

gamarada717
07-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I wish that they would just make a 5 gig, or if I could get my hands on a 10. One of my friends got an iPod, and it's made his entire life simpler.

teufelhunden
07-19-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, I may as well..

free iPod! Do a little work, refer some people, and bang, iPod!

Check the sig. :)

-Carnifex-
07-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, I may as well..

free iPod! Do a little work, refer some people, and bang, iPod!

Check the sig. :)

Have you actually got one yet?

painball
07-20-2004, 03:17 AM
I'll just stick with my 3g until apple releases something even better, in which case I'll just buy one of their competitors more superior products for a cheaper price. :)

By the way on the freeipods.com thing, it has worked for some people, but I haven't heard of anyone receiving theirs yet. In order to get it you must sign up, complete an offer (sign up for a trial service [ancestry is easiest to cancel]), and refer 5 people who also must complete an offer. It's worth a shot if you haven't already tried.
P.S. if you would like to sign up, click the handy link in my sig ;)

sharpshooter1286
07-20-2004, 05:41 PM
thats bull i needed a credit card to sign up for the AOL 9.0 free trial...im only 15, can i still get a free ipod?

Igotu
07-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Has anyone else tried to make there own contacts because i dont really have any friends that will do this, so i made my own contacts but i dont know if it will put my acount on hold after i read the faq.

painball
07-20-2004, 07:01 PM
thats bull i needed a credit card to sign up for the AOL 9.0 free trial...im only 15, can i still get a free ipod?
AOL is the worst one to sign up with. I believe that all of the offers require a credit card, but some are easier to cancel than others. Ancestry was the best, but they took that off. I heard that if you sign up for the video professor and call and cancel immediately it works well.

Just try and borrow a family member's card and give it a shot. That's what I did. :)

painTech
07-20-2004, 07:25 PM
your not gettign an ipod

painball
07-20-2004, 07:31 PM
your not gettign an ipod
Never abandon hope. :)