PDA

View Full Version : New Online Paintball Dictionary

jayloo
07-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Back in March an AO user brought up making a Paintball Dictionary in this thread. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=128887) It sounded like a real interesting project. I bought the name paintballdictionary.com but soon realized how well this project could integrate into the photo & video galleries on www.jayloo.com .

Some functions of the site. (defns = definitions)

Free user sign up. Only username, email and password required to sign up.
Site integrated stats (total words, total defns, total votes, total views and site member count.
Request defns.
Post defns including the word, defn, an example, other information, synonyms, related terms, and pronunciation.
Quality control to delete bad defns.
Report tool for defns that break the Terms and conditions.
Browse by letter shortcut bar.
The site does not send any mail except to have a reset password sent to you.
Unlimited defns. Post as many pball related terms as you like.
Voting rank system for defns. You may only vote on a word once. You may revote.
Full search functionality.
Constant moderation. Mods will be invited based upon site participation and quality posting.
The site's server has enough space, processing power and bandwidth for this application.

Here is a link to the work in progress: http://www.jayloo.com/dictionary/

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

trevorjk
07-19-2004, 08:24 PM
jayloo

A great place to get ur net pball on!
I am a mem ber of jayloo
jay loo

jayloo

some place to go
jayloo is a gallery for photos
ja loo

jayloo

;lkj
;lkj
;lkj

jayloo

laskdjf
ljlkj
lkjlk
lkj

hrm i like how you define yourself! :rofl:

Z-man
07-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey great job man! You are on a roll with these quality sites and fuctions! Ill be signing up later tonight once I finish updating some stuff on my site ;)

jayloo
07-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Since I can't play everyday I have to get my pball fix somehow :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-20-2004, 01:56 AM
well, something to do at 2am when im bored...

jayloo
07-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Would it be worht it to be able to post a photo in the definition....or multiple photos?

trevorjk
07-20-2004, 07:10 PM
as long as the pictures can clearly show and define the word it never hurts.

slade
07-20-2004, 08:35 PM
ugh... i was going to post a definition, but the form reminded me of grammar/vocabulary lessons in school... "can anyone tell me the definition of this word? and now use this word in a sentence." *shudder*.

jayloo
07-20-2004, 09:18 PM
ugh... i was going to post a definition, but the form reminded me of grammar/vocabulary lessons in school... "can anyone tell me the definition of this word? and now use this word in a sentence." *shudder*.

Good point. You are required to fill in the word, a definition, an example and the Pronunciation. 4 things per word. Is it too much?

I don't want to require too little then the dictionary becomes watered down.

Bad_Dog
07-20-2004, 10:14 PM
nice...

I threw a few on there

WenULiVeUdiE
07-20-2004, 11:09 PM
I defined eyes, but I forgot to say it prevents you from chopping. And everytime I click on the edit button it says this page cannot be found. Ahhh!

AnArchist_1944
07-20-2004, 11:38 PM
i just slapped one on there iam supprised nobody else put it up there first......

jayloo
07-22-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm supprised that no one has defined AGD and AO.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
???!!!

I thought i defined agd already

jayloo
07-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Sorry about that Snyper. You defined Airgun Designs I will cross reference that definition to AGD. :)