PDA

View Full Version : Leaking CA bottle :(

Battlewear
07-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey All

Well.. I have been having troubles with my 47ci 3000PSI bottle ever since I had it rehydro'd...

Basically it is leaking from the gauge where it connects.. I have tried to seal it using teflon tape but I am wondering if that is good enough or do I need to get some kind of sealing compound? Should I just use locktie?

Suggestions?

abunkerer
07-19-2004, 10:02 PM
If the threads around the pressure gauge are leaking then you should take it off and thread seal it with locktite not teflon tape. I'd go with the red locktite, or maybe a lot of blue..their is a locktite guide around here somewhere...either way they are both better than teflon tape, that stuff is good for an emergency quick fix though.

RRfireblade
07-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Teflon tape is probably fine but I would 'suggest' you use some kind of thread sealer instead, Locktite 545 for instance. Obviously empty the tank first,remove any and all slivers of teflon tape from the port as those tiny pieces of tape will often wreak havok on the Reg's operation.Then re-seal and re-install the guage.

Added:

Personally, I would NOT use red locktite. Those guages go bad all the time and the chances are good you'll need to get it off again.

Battlewear
07-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I am going to see about getting a micro gauge just so that it doesnt get banged around as much as the old one..

But I want to thank every one, and the recent addition of the Loctite sticky really helps too :)

I am going to work on it this weekend AFTER I drain the tank ;)