PDA

View Full Version : smart parts customer service

jonmcfatty
07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
So I work at a local paintball shop and we buy a lot of stuff from smartparts. We got like 4 shockers 3 impulses 5 maxflo's and about 75 of their barrels. You would think since we're a pretty good customer they'd take care of us right.

Wrong
We got a yellow to green ultimate shocker that was all scratched up with a broken maxflo. so we sent it back and they said they would fix the problems. They just threw a new maxflo on that wasn't anodized the same color and the body of the gun had even more scratches on it. So we call them and ask what is up and they start with an attitude. We told them we would no longer stock any of their products.

Next day a shocker we sold a week before comes in. It's a strange and the guy says the vision board isn't working. So we call smart parts and they go on this big attitude trip and pretty much tell us to deal with it. Therefore I've proved the point to my store owner that smart parts is in it only for the money and they don't care about thier customers.

Sorry about the ranting.
p.s. Does anybody have a vert breech for sale I could really use one

hAppy
07-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Seems like Smart Parts is getting up the butt. "Deal with it", that's just the worst customer service advice EVER. Lucky I only have 1 SP related item (I think), a RASE tank cover (that I didn't choose to buy, given to me).

Enemy
07-20-2004, 12:58 AM
wow, i would call em back and talk to someone a little higher up cause thats just bs and i know no company out there likes to have an image like that!!!

minimag03
07-20-2004, 01:07 AM
I thought that we knew SP was in it for the money way before this happened....

Anyway, I think you should talk to a person higher up too.

minimag03

Halliday
07-20-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm not big SP lover, but they have treated me right when I've had to order parts.

If your SP rep really has been delaing with yur store like that, then you need to talk to his boss. Next time you're on the phone and the attitude starts just say, "I need to speak to your supervisior right now." It works well with telemarketers :dance:

Duke Henry
07-20-2004, 09:37 AM
My teammate is an idiot and he purchased an 03 Shocker, Max-Flo, etc. Anyway, out of the box the eyes didn't work and so he had to send it back.

Of course, they refused to pay for shipping because they didn't know what the problem was. After receiving it, they realized that wires had not been soldered to the board, and so after a lot of discussion they finally agreed to eat the shipping costs.

Then, after getting it back and playing with it for 2 weeks, the gauge starts to leak. Not from the threads, but from the edges of the gauge itself (where plastic and metal meet). Considering the gauge had no marks on it, no scratches, no paint, no nothing (it was in mint condition, aside from the defect) and Smart Parts made their stand - not their fault. My teammate MUST have "touched" the gauge.

Wow. That is some great detective work. Replacement cost for the gauge from SP - $50 CDN. $50 for a gauge? Yeah, got a non-SP gauge for like $13 CDN. Any difference? Yeah, the non-SP one works.

I am proud to have never owned a SP product.

Bulldog
07-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I had a disagreeable experience with SP customer service years ago before all this nonsense started when the first Impy's came out. Basically, the tech support guy wouldn't help at all. AVI did help me out tho. Ended up getting my money back.

I returned a Freak back a year or two ago too, they were nice that time, but didn't fix the problem. I swore them off after that, and then all these lawsuits started to happen and just confirmed what I'd always thought.

OysterBoy
07-20-2004, 11:08 AM
My teammate is an idiot and he purchased an 03 Shocker, Max-Flo, etc. Anyway, out of the box the eyes didn't work and so he had to send it back.

Of course, they refused to pay for shipping because they didn't know what the problem was. After receiving it, they realized that wires had not been soldered to the board, and so after a lot of discussion they finally agreed to eat the shipping costs.

Then, after getting it back and playing with it for 2 weeks, the gauge starts to leak. Not from the threads, but from the edges of the gauge itself (where plastic and metal meet). Considering the gauge had no marks on it, no scratches, no paint, no nothing (it was in mint condition, aside from the defect) and Smart Parts made their stand - not their fault. My teammate MUST have "touched" the gauge.

Wow. That is some great detective work. Replacement cost for the gauge from SP - $50 CDN. $50 for a gauge? Yeah, got a non-SP gauge for like $13 CDN. Any difference? Yeah, the non-SP one works.

I am proud to have never owned a SP product.

Find me a 13cdn gauge. 50 is actually about standard, Bob Longs go for around 40. So, dont over react.

Duke Henry
07-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Find me a 13cdn gauge. 50 is actually about standard, Bob Longs go for around 40. So, dont over react.

Easy, regular PMI no frills gauge was around $13.

And, the price was actually $60 not including any taxes. I just got off the phone with him.

If you think the price and service was acceptable than I suppose the standards that customers hold their companies to really are dropping.

Eric Cartman
07-20-2004, 12:35 PM

Go to Area 51. I think I paid about $15 / $20 for a high pressure mini guage a couple of months ago. You only pay $50 if you want a DYE or SP guage so he's not really overreacting.

Xyxyll
07-20-2004, 03:19 PM
When my Max-Flow was leaking and basically non-functional, I called them up and talked to the guy at customer service. I explained what was going on and what I thought the problem was. He didn't really have any idea about the internals of the max-flow, but he offered to send me the o-ring that I thought was the problem. They did end up sending it. It was in a business envelope alone. No ziplock or anything. One o-ring. Well, I opened the envelope up and saw this tiny o-ring in there (the one I needed). So I continued to open the envelope and next thing I know it's gone. Took all night, but we finally found it in the air-conditioning duct. But anyways... I would have hoped that they would have put a few more than one in there, or at least wrap it in a more suitable packaging.

jonmcfatty
07-20-2004, 04:34 PM
we have tried to talk to the head honcho more than once but he seems to never be in when we would like to talk to him