PDA

View Full Version : how are emags tourney legal

elpimpo
07-20-2004, 03:16 AM
i was a ref at the nppl denver, and i was chrony ***** for a few games and i started to wonder how they were legal, i asked dave the scrutineer, and he said hes never had a problem with it because they dont see emags to much ion nppl events. the fact that it has electro and mech firing mechanisms isnt to bad cause you could just chrony both ways, but im not to sure how the hybrid mode works, cause isnt it more than 1 shot per pull. just somehting i wanted to figure out

t33kyboy
07-20-2004, 03:28 AM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/emag/emag_sear.jpg

Hybrid mode isnt 1 shot per pull, its like a normal mech... if you turn the reactivity up then yeah it'll go full auto.

magman007
07-20-2004, 03:34 AM
no, you can still make it bounce easy as hell. I ran mine at 500psi after the lvl 10 was modded by black vcg, and it still bounced. only way to stop it,is set it in like 8 bps.... then change it onto the field,which is illegal

Lohman446
07-20-2004, 06:07 AM
My E-mag is tourney legal because the trigger rod is removed. My teammates E-mags are legal because the batteries are out of them.

I was not able to find a way to make an e-mag tournament legal and still have hybrid mode available.

thecavemankevin
07-20-2004, 07:05 AM
My E-mag is tourney legal because the trigger rod is removed. My teammates E-mags are legal because the batteries are out of them.

I was not able to find a way to make an e-mag tournament legal and still have hybrid mode available.

by normal tourny rules you will not be able to find a way to make hybrid available. However, most smaller tournys (at least in VA) are likely to not care and/or not know about hybrid. afterall, they let all those cheater guns into the tournies, why not a hybrid capable mag?

however, you can technically take out the trigger rod or just remove the selector switch.

thecavemankevin
07-20-2004, 07:07 AM
the fact that it has electro and mech firing mechanisms isnt to bad cause you could just chrony both ways

it doesn't matter, it will still come up the same FPS in either mech or elec, +/- a FPS or two.

athomas
07-20-2004, 07:43 AM
I've always had a problem with this aspect as well. My emag doesn't have a problem with bounce in normal or hybrid mode, but it I do a slow trigger pull in hybrid mode, I can get two shots per trigger pull (one in electronc followed by one in manual). Normal firing cannot make use of this problem/feature but a NPPL chrono judge would likely disallow it.

I wish there was a funtion on the switch that would disable the electronics in manual mode. That would fix it.

RRfireblade
07-20-2004, 07:53 AM
That's basically correct.

E/Xmags should NOT be Tourny legal with the ability to switch to Hybrid mode on the field and without the need for tools.

Now you all have you good reason to be happy that Mags are not prevelent in the Tourny scene. If they were, they would have been outlawed for the fact alone. ;)

lamby
07-20-2004, 09:01 AM
We were through this before... like over a year ago.

AGD NEVER adressed any of these problems,

See this thread.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89225

Gecko
07-20-2004, 10:25 AM
heh i approached dave at the NJ nppl last year about this. I asked him about and i beilve his answer was whats an emag.....
he did check me for full auto after one game
i took it as a compliment

elpimpo
07-20-2004, 07:24 PM
yeah, dave asked me what the hell hybrid mode was and he said not to worry about it cause the chances of an emag being at the nppl was pretty slim

Smoke
07-20-2004, 07:45 PM
We were through this before... like over a year ago.

AGD NEVER adressed any of these problems,

See this thread.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89225

You're still crying about that....

Enemy
07-21-2004, 12:28 AM
yeah im a gonna go with removing the trigger rod!! the problem is that then you cant chrono at the high fps but who cares noone knows what an emag is let alone that the valve climbs in fps during rapid fire but only bye like 5-10 fps.