PDA

View Full Version : What paint could I use to color my stock grip?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-18-2001, 05:33 PM
Hey like it says. What type of paint do you suggest I use to color my stock mag grip frame?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
10-18-2001, 06:50 PM
UP..any one ?:rolleyes:

2000Sabre
10-18-2001, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure on this one but I don't think you can paint your stock grip frame. If you use paint you would get from a hardware store, it just going to end up getting scratch and peel off because it won't adhere well to the frame. If you want it colored, have it powdercoated or anodized (if it's aluminum). Check out RedRider's work on this forum and contact him if you want to know the cost and options available.

If it were my frame I wouldn't just paint with any old paint.

EnW
10-18-2001, 08:16 PM
Painting your grip frame is no problem. You need to sand it to take the smoothness out of the surface. A 400-600 grit paper should be fine. I used a primer because I had some laying around but I don't think it is absolutely necessary. Tape off anything you don't want to paint(take your time,it will look better). Choose what color you like and spray away. Do several light coats rather than a couple heavy coats...the difference is remarkable. The key to keeping the paint on is to use a spray laquer over the dried paint.
I have had NO luck using clear coats. Send me your email add. and I will send you a pic of my painted grip frame...for the life of me I don't know how to post a pic here! If you want, I will paint it for you. I just love that hobbie stuff!