PDA

View Full Version : I can't remove the feedneck off my ULE

Almeister
07-20-2004, 01:50 PM
I bought a ULE body off of eBay and when I got it I tried removing the feedneck but it wouldn't budge. I tried using one of the strap wrenches to get it off but no luck, this thing doesn't wanna budge. I e-mailed the guy I got it from and asked him about it, he said that it was brand new and he never tried taking it off before. Is the feedneck supposed to come off easily? Can someone tell me how to get the feedneck off without destroying it?

FreakBaller12
07-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Your going to have to put heat on it.I used a heat gun, take off the detent(duh plastic melts) and heat up by the feedneck threads, i just put a long wooden dowel through it and spun
There is some kind of red or green loctite on it.

logamus
07-20-2004, 01:54 PM
well i never had any problems once i got a strap wrench. perhaps instead of heat gun you can use hot water. you dont have to take the detents out that way.

68automagpwnr
07-20-2004, 02:21 PM
dude, this is gonna sound real stupid, but put your hopper in there, and twist, it works, i didnt believe anyone i was like man these guys are retarded, but i just put my halo b in there and twisted and man did i feel really stupid.

Cryer
07-20-2004, 03:03 PM
dude, this is gonna sound real stupid, but put your hopper in there, and twist, it works, i didnt believe anyone i was like man these guys are retarded, but i just put my halo b in there and twisted and man did i feel really stupid.
I'd feel even stupider if my loader neck cracked :tard:

Just get a strap wrench, that way you arent torguing any of your equipment.

Automaget
07-20-2004, 03:28 PM
thats what i did just put your hopper in there and let her rip it works iv done it, and when they say that they never tryed it before that means they did and they had the same problem that you did and thats why they sold it, 90% of guns on ebay are broke

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-20-2004, 03:49 PM

Thats what i8 did lol. Id beem trying to get it off forever and gave up then like a week later i put my loader on and twisted it to get it out and the feedneck came off with it.

68automagpwnr
07-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I'd feel even stupider if my loader neck cracked :tard:

Just get a strap wrench, that way you arent torguing any of your equipment.

...oh yeah because halo b's have such skinny feednecks ya know...

OhMyAMoose
07-20-2004, 05:10 PM
did you turn the wrench the right way?

Koop
07-20-2004, 05:42 PM
did you turn the wrench the right way?
Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty ?

TDonovan
07-20-2004, 06:15 PM
If it's loctite in there holding it tight just use a hair dryer blowing some nice hot air. It shouldn't damage anything (plastic parts). Just do it for about 30 seconds and then give it a good tork. It worked REALLY well with red loctite (strongest) and some air fittings I had.

GoatBoy
07-20-2004, 07:14 PM
I bought a ULE body off of eBay and when I got it I tried removing the feedneck but it wouldn't budge. I tried using one of the strap wrenches to get it off but no luck, this thing doesn't wanna budge. I e-mailed the guy I got it from and asked him about it, he said that it was brand new and he never tried taking it off before. Is the feedneck supposed to come off easily? Can someone tell me how to get the feedneck off without destroying it?

The easiest way to get it off is to start by using the search button.

NJPaint
07-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Mine came off with my revvy being in too tight

/me shrugs

The Spanish Inquisition
07-20-2004, 09:12 PM
i just put my halo b in there and twisted and man did i feel really stupid.

Wait! :eek: how did you fit a halo b in there? If I could do that I wouldn't need to remove the stupid feedneck.

Almeister
07-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Your going to have to put heat on it.I used a heat gun, take off the detent(duh plastic melts) and heat up by the feedneck threads, i just put a long wooden dowel through it and spun
There is some kind of red or green loctite on it.

Okay, I finally got it off. I just heated it up with the heat gun and off it came. :clap: Thanks!

FreakBaller12
07-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Wait! :eek: how did you fit a halo b in there? If I could do that I wouldn't need to remove the stupid feedneck.

you're suppose to sand the feedneck down ;)

ERut
07-21-2004, 12:46 PM
If you have trouble again, try wrapping it in a towel, sticking the neck in a vice grip and then twisting the rest of the body.