PDA

View Full Version : how do i make my hopper fit nice?

jtm560
07-20-2004, 03:24 PM
i am gettin a eggy in a few days, do they fit nice on a stock hight riise body? also it not wut can i do 2 make it snug? i used electric tape on my othere hopper but it didnt work at all , it kept moving and falling off. plz help me

Irelandunfree
07-20-2004, 03:29 PM
I was going to say acouple layers of electrical tape, it worked for my old setup. mabye use a different type of tape?

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-20-2004, 03:43 PM
They are very loose in a stock high rise. I would recomend usin some tape. Thats what i did when i had a stock high rise and it worked for me.

zeke1975
07-20-2004, 03:47 PM
On mine, I just put a layer of electrical tape around the feed neck of the egg, put it in the high rise then taped the neck to the high rise on the outside, it won't move at all. I'd just do that once a day and never worry about it.

veteranmag
07-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Take an o-ring that will fit on the hopper's neck (the o-rings that hold the AGD nubbins, soft tank o-rings work). Put the o-ring on the end of the neck (away from the body of the hopper). Then insert the hopper into your high rise. If the fit is too tight, try inserting the hopper's neck at an angle (that is one edge of the o-ring will go in first. Part of the o-ring may stick out of the high rise, but it should give you a tighter fit.

For a better fit, you can try to etch a groove in the middle of the hopper's neck where the o-ring can sit - see a picture of the ricochet hoppers (2 o-rings).

Flow_Tech
07-20-2004, 04:01 PM
you could take the feedneck,cut it down to make it super short,then get a CCM clamping spyder feedneck,and theres your solution.

jtm560
07-20-2004, 04:10 PM
lol yea i was thinking that . so tape is the only way i gess

Fade
07-20-2004, 04:12 PM
2 possible solutions that I can think of...

1. If the egg2 fits, but spins around, then use the old electrical tape or go with a thicker and more adhesive tape like duct tape (how can you tell I'm from Canada?).

2. If the egg2 doesn't fit at all and lobs from side to side AND spins, take 2 O-rings that fit snug around the feed neck. Also use tape on the neck anyways, cause the egg2 necks are known for splitting a bit (that should add some strength to it).

I think that covers it.

jtm560
07-20-2004, 10:00 PM
ok tape yea :tard:

OysterBoy
07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Yea, a thin ring of duct tape, one loop at the very outmost point of the neck. Acts like a nice sealing o-ring. W00T GO CANADA! :)